ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games Mascot

103 30006
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Since John has retired from Armor Games, and along with John went the iconic blue elephant that is beloved by all AG users. While this elephant was regarded as a de facto mascot, it suddenly occurred to me, why doesn't AG have an official mascot? While the choices are limited, (unless a new character is created), I was thinking maybe Sushi Cat?

What are your opinions, views, thoughts, recommendations, ideas, or suggestions? (Admins and mods, you're included (not that you need to be told you're included, since you would include yourself anyway, but I thought it would be nice for you to know you're welcome.))

• 103 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The horse made me laugh out loud.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

If AG had an HR department they would be freaking out about the dead horse thing.

Shouldn't we just make a list (made by Ferret) and then vote?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The first lends that in order to understand what character is one must choose a definition from a set of definitions, whilst the latter lends that in order to understand what a mascot is one can only choose from one definition.

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. I don't believe you're seeing my point.

Shouldn't we just make a list (made by Ferret) and then vote?

I don't think one person should be involved in making the list, but I do feel that Ferret should approve it. Firstly however, I think we should find how such a mascot would be used.

I vote for a Ferret. Not Ferret himself but a ferret.

I know we all love Ferret (okay, loving Ferret might be too far, but at least we all appreciate his presence as well as his awesome work), but I don't feel that having a ferret as AG's mascot would really be fair. No offense intended, but that would be more of Ferrets personal mascot rather then a mascot for the entire community.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Jumping into the symbol vs. mascot thing..

As it stands..the "shield and swords" is the symbol of AG. There is no promotional effort put behind it to dictate it the mascot.

The mascot and symbol can be one and the same (Such as the St. Louis Cardinals, with their symbol being the cardinal on a bat, and their mascot being Fredbird the Cardinal) that does not have to be the case (such as the Colorado Rockies, with their symbol being the mountains, and their mascot being Dinger the Triceratops)

The problem, however, with the "shield and swords" alone is that it has limited exploitable abilities. For irl usage..it is unnatural to carry your swords sheathed in the shield..and having it on ones back would only be too close of a resemblance to Link in LoZ. Then for game usage, unless it is given the ability to move on its own and possibly talk, it would require something else to hold it, thus giving the association to the entire image and not just the "sword and shield"

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think we should find how such a mascot would be used.

Simply exploitations...in-game referencing, t-shirt design, posters, plush toy, (possible costume for conventions that AG will go to so we can meet them?), etc
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Thank you pang. I couldn't think of the correct way to make my point.

I'll ask Ferret again, and see if the admins can release a statement concerning a mascot for AG.

Showing 91-96 of 103