ForumsWEPRD vs. R and L vs. C

23 11382
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I grew up in a family split completely down the middle as far as political parties went. I had uncles and aunts who were insanely democratic and liberal, and uncles and aunts who were insanely republican and conservative. My parents were both extremely republican and conservative, but I feel that I've been influenced by both sides of the spectrum. I would probably call myself a republican most of the time, but I'm a fairly liberal one at that. Yes, I'm one curious character.

I've been interested in politics for years, and sometimes I can't seem to choose between either party/ideal. So, I'm asking the AG community to persuade me to either the democratic/liberal side, or towards the republican/conservative side.

• 23 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

if that 1 party ****s up then there is no other party to fall back on.
it depends allot on the party if that system works yes or no.

Course. But I have absolute faith in my Party. 65% of the vote, you'll never get those figures in most countries.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

why not both? even if that might not be possible...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Course. But I have absolute faith in my Party. 65% of the vote, you'll never get those figures in most countries.

so what system does your country really use?
the black or white. then 65% isn't that special.

a real democracy whit multiple partys of wich your party turned out to have 65% of the vote.

or a 1 party system like china or venezuela. where voting is kinda for the show because well... there is only 1 party.

these are the systems. i dunno what system you talk about. 1st you say 1 party but then you say it was voted into power. so there must be more then 1 party.
what system do you support?

you answered your own question.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

so what system does your country really use?
the black or white. then 65% isn't that special.

Multiple parties, actual corruption free elections but the people genuinely support the ruling party.

these are the systems. i dunno what system you talk about. 1st you say 1 party but then you say it was voted into power. so there must be more then 1 party.
what system do you support?

Let's put it this way. The ruling party is respected, even grudgingly by most people here; there are elections and all, but the opposition is weak because no one wants to campaign for anything, the people know it.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Let's put it this way. The ruling party is respected, even grudgingly by most people here; there are elections and all, but the opposition is weak because no one wants to campaign for anything, the people know it.

it's nice that it works for the people. but this can't be created. it's a turn out.

but is the opposition weak because of threads? or just lazy people? =S
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

but is the opposition weak because of threads? or just lazy people? =S

Lazy, insipid, and well, most just plain suck.

it's nice that it works for the people. but this can't be created. it's a turn out.

Don't actually get you.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Trust me, it is.

Democrats and Republicans are both hypocritical man-children. One party may know how to work the crowd, but can't manage his wallet for beans. The other could turn a lemonade stand into a multi-national corporation, but probably got slapped a lot for not understanding how to act around other people.

We should stop looking at American politics with a spectrum that has Dems on one end and Reps on the other. We need to focus it on metaphysical ideals, not in-ground opinions.

-Chillz
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Don't actually get you.

what you have in your country and what seems to be working good. (els they didnt get 65%) can't be recreated in any other country.
it is the outcome of the multi-partys system. what you have now can be changed once there is some actual opposition.

Lazy, insipid, and well, most just plain suck.

is that 1 party so good. or are the other party's just that bad that people do not vote it?
Showing 16-23 of 23