Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Emulators

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 10:05pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I was wondering whether or not anyone else using videogame emulators. Basically, you can get a whole game system on some sort of device. I have a Windows phone and got Purple Cherry GBC (Gameboy Color). It costed $1.27 (USD) and it is well worth the price. All the roms are free and of high quality. Some people also get them on their computers.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 10:08pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

lol they make you pay for a emulator?
hahaha, you got robbed dude. xD

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 12:16am

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

Not really.... As I said, it was high quality.........................................................................................

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 6:33am

Loptice

Loptice

215 posts

Yeah it's high quality !!! Wake up you can get any emulator for free with all features for mobile. There are paid version but let me give you advice - They are NOT better. Free emulators can play games just like the paid ones. In fact I'm not even sure if making someone pay for emulator is legal.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 7:06am

Phosphorite

Phosphorite

20 posts

I don't think that making people paying for emulators is legal, cause most of the emulators are freeware or under GPL license.

So ironblade, the others are right, you got robbed dude. :)

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 7:11am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Robbed of little more then a dollar. You know, I'd be more worried if I lost, say, my life savings, but maybe you're all conservatives.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 12:12pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

I believe it was called Dolphin, the one I used...and it worked just fine for me.

Also..if you are wanting to play like GB games, GBC, GBA games...hell even some N64, NES, SNES, and a few other nintendo old nintendo games..I recommend Vizzed.com

Disclaimer: Not advertising..just letting y'all know about a good free place to play these games

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 12:32pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,885 posts

Knight

I've been using emulators for years! I have one for the NES, SNES, N64, GBA and a Playstation that I never used. I also use gamepads with them.
I still play some old games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1,2, and 4, Uncharted Waters New Horizon, Ogre Battle, The Knight of Lodis, Metroid, Super Metroid, Advanced Wars 1, 2, Mario Kart 64, Lord of the Rings, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warrior, etc. xD

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 1:10pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Robbed of little more then a dollar. You know, I'd be more worried if I lost, say, my life savings, but maybe you're all conservatives.

it's a saying. -.-'

Not really.... As I said, it was high quality...

and high quality is never free? you should search longer ;)

I'm not even sure if making someone pay for emulator is legal.

not sure if emulators are even legal. as what they are is stolen from a other company.

Not advertising..just letting y'all know about a good free place to play these games

there are some good psx, ps2, xbox, 3ds (and alikes), dreamcast, etc, etc emulators out there aswell.

i use them if i wanna play old classics that can't be found in stores anymore. l

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 2:45pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

not sure if emulators are even legal. as what they are is stolen from a other company.

Emulators themselves are perfectly legal, as they're just a piece of software that emulates a given piece of hardware. For instance, if you buy a digital download for a DOS game, it might come with a DOS emulator in order to play it on a more modern OS.
Downloading GAMES for an emulator however, is straight up piracy.

Reply to Emulators

You must be logged in to post a reply!