ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73288
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Oho! A Tournament? Full of bloodthirsty carnage and a prize beyond my wildest imagination? How could I resist? Here's my application. Beware, competitors, Epic, King of Games, is here!

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie

*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile.

*Bio: A widely-known figure throughout the rest of the world, Savell has participated in several lesser tournaments similar to this one. Now he jumps at the chance to enter the biggest tournament in the world, willing to lay down his life for the fame, fortune...and more fortune. Savell likes a good prize and good publicity. He gained the nickname "The End" for his relentless pursuit of his enemies. He will be the end of his competitors lives! Not really a team player, actually. Famous catchphrase: "PREPARE TO BE CLOVEN IN TWAIN!"

*Appearance: Eyes: Blue, Hair: Black, Skin: Caucasian (White), 5'10"

I will CLEAVE THINE ENEMIES IN TWAIN. LETS DO THIS.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Great! 1 more and I will start building the story to start this off..

Tomorrow I decide when the registration will close and when I will start, everyone better be ready

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

APPLICATION:

*Name:
Aurum Lupus Rex

*Athletic Abilities:
Endurance and Agile

*Bio:
Aurum, a normal human living in an unknown island at the edge of the Bermuda Triangle, this island was filled with exotic animals and fruits, trees and herbs. At that time, oil was a huge importance to the modern human race, the island held a vast underground filled with it. After being discovered by the government, the island was filled with activity, military camps were set up and a government official demanded that Aurum and his community leave the island. The official went back with a broken nose and a limp leg. A brief battle went on, only a few survivors of Aurum's community survived and fled, he went with them. He heard about Ground Zero, and reasoned, "Why live if there's nothing else to stay in this world for?" and he signed up.

*Appearance:
Grey Eyes, Auburn Hair, Tanned Skin and 6'5" Height

*Previous Contender:
None

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Great we have enough players to start. I will keep the registration opened until January 14. 9:00PM EST.

I will start making the story to get this started right away, I will post it and then message everyone participating so we can get this show on the road.

I can't wait to get this started. For now people can keep on applying, if you have any questions or suggestions leave a comment on my profile.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Name: Shadow White

*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile

*Bio: I was a nobody be for ground zero, dead end job, and no life after work. I want to be famous and be the best of the best. I also want to make some money to send home to my family.

*Appearance: [Brownish-green eyes] [brown hair] [Tan color skin] [5'' 6] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.]

*Previous Contender: no

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Name: Viet Anh

*Athletic Abilities: Agile and Strength

*Bio: Born in a poor family he had to go get a job, life was very cruel to him he had no friends and had to live on the street but there was a benefit to this, he was stronger and more faster than most who live at home. One day a very shady character walked up to him and promised that he would grant him a lot of money if he followed his task, very desperate Viet Anh agreed but the man said he wanted him to kill a certain person in a tournament called "Ground Zero" and will give him further instructions once he entered the tournament after that he disappeared. The next day he entered the tournament.

*Appearance: Blue eyes, short black hair,normal skin color and is 6ft
[Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: No

I hope this is up to your standards

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Just so you guys know I already have the teams made up. If any new members join they will be the last group automatically.

I made the teams specifically according to Bio and Athletic Abilities, this way it's more interesting and there is more diversity.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Right so here are the players. I made a few changes in some bios that were necessary.

Remember that this is not your character sheet. The character sheet will be posted with the Introduction and Team placement.

Be ready January 14th at 9PM EST. I will be posting all of that up around that time.

-------------------------------

PwnajLeadah981

*Name: Darren Wright
*Athletic Abilities: Agile, Endurance
*Bio: Darren was born in 2000 and he lived peacefully being a single child. But in 2011, his father got the disease amnesia, making things harder for the Wright family. His mother died later in 2021. With his father in his care, he signed up for Ground Zero in hopes of curing his dad.
*Appearance: Green Eyes, Black Hair, Latino Skin, 6'0", Athletic Build

MattEmAngel

*Name: Kenji
*Bio: Almost nothing is known about Kenji, although some rumors still exist. He had a mother and father, maybe even a girlfriend or crush, but he never mentions them. He despises working with others, but if he has no choice, he will defend a partner to whatever end. He has never had a home, or even a place to stay. For him, the tournaments are his life. He signed up for Ground Zero because it's the only tournament he hasn't attempted yet.
*Appearance: Shaggy blonde hair, dark blue eyes, Caucasian, 6â0ââ, high muscular build and tone but slim.

R2D21999

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance
*Bio: A bright young man who always dreamed of being famous. He's in love with Sarah Nimb, a girl he went to school with. His parents were shot in a heist; he's always emotional about his parent's shooting. His old school was burned down from a mysterious fire, he signed up for Ground Zero to save the school and get the attention from the girl he so loves.
*Appearance: Auburn Hair, Green Eyes, Pale Skin, 5'11", extremely thin but with muscular tone.

thebluerabbit

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Agile.
*Bio: A gentle young boy with a nice accepting personality who likes animals. Unfortunately for him his parents did not accept his personality and were also ashamed of his small features. According to them he is also a social failure because he spends more time with animals then humans and was never the most popular person around. In order to "fix" him they decided to send him to this show and threatened that if he doesn't join it they will kill every animal friend he ever had.
*Appearance: Black eyes, long black hair, olive skin color, 5â6ââ, slightly slim with a slight muscular tone.

theEPICgameKING

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile.
*Bio: A widely-known figure throughout the rest of the world, Savell has participated in several lesser tournaments similar to this one. Now he jumps at the chance to enter the biggest tournament in the world, willing to lay down his life for the fame, fortune...and more fortune. Savell likes a good prize and good publicity. He gained the nickname "The End" for his relentless pursuit of his enemies. He will be the end of his competitorâs lives! Not really a team player, he will do what he has to, to stay alive, but he will not let anyone get in his way, not even his own partner. Famous catchphrase: "Prepare to be cloven into twain!"
*Appearance: Eyes: Blue, Hair: Black, Skin: Caucasian (White), 5'10", high muscular build and tone but slim.

Garriss

*Name: Aurum Lupus Rex
*Athletic Abilities: Endurance and Agile
*Bio: Aurum, a normal human living in an unknown island at the edge of the Bermuda Triangle, this island was filled with exotic animals and fruits, trees and herbs. At that time, oil was a huge importance to the modern human race; the island held a vast underground filled with it. After being discovered by the government, the island was filled with activity, military camps were set up and a government official demanded that Aurum and his community leave the island. The official went back with a broken nose and a limp leg. A brief battle went on, only a few survivors of Aurum's community survived and fled, he went with them. He heard about Ground Zero, and reasoned, "Why live if there's nothing else to stay in this world for?" and he signed up.
*Appearance: Grey Eyes, Auburn Hair, Tanned Skin, 6'5", extremely slim with a high muscular tone.

shadowgun453

*Name: Shadow White
*Bio: I have a dead end job and no life after work. I donât think I am eligible to be part of ground zero but I have nothing better to do. I want to be famous and be the best of the best. I also want to make some money to send home to my family.
*Appearance: Brownish-green eyes, brown hair, tan color skin, 5'6ââ, high muscular build and tone but slim.
*Previous Contender: no

sasukemystery

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile and Strength
*Bio: Born in a poor family he had to go get a job, life was very cruel to him he had no friends and had to live on the street but there was a benefit to this, he was stronger and more faster than most who live at home. One day a very shady character walked up to him and promised that he would grant him a lot of money if he followed his task, very desperate Viet Anh agreed but the man said he wanted him to kill a certain person in a tournament called "Ground Zero" and will give him further instructions once he entered the tournament after that he disappeared. The next day he entered the tournament.
*Appearance: Blue eyes, short black hair, normal skin color, 6â0ââ, and high muscular build and tone but slim.

I hope everyone is ready to get this show on the road.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu

*Athletic Abilities: Strength & Endurance

*Bio: Early in his life, pang's mother and father died while defending their village from a group of bandits. pang was able to escape unnoticed by the bandits, and has lived his life as a hermit since then. To keep himself occupied, pang devoted his life to studying war strategy and building up his body in preparation for the day he can have his revenge on these bandits, A few months ago, pang tried to join the army, many small rebel factions, a few bandit groups (separate from the ones that attacked his village), and even tried to start his own group (all in hopes of getting a group so that he may have a better chance at getting his revenge) but was rejected by them all due to his completely unknown status. He joins Ground Zero in hopes of proving his mettle as a strategist and a warrior

*Appearance: Blue-green eyes, short dirty blonde hair, white (slightly tan) skin, 6' [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.]

I hope I'm still good to enter..especially after all this hard work XD

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I hope I'm still good to enter..especially after all this hard work XD

Well we need 1 more person. If you can get someone to join then that'd be great. If not then.. I really don't know. xD Just hope I guess.
PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
564 posts
Nomad

sour, I'm in a different timezone and I can't post on weekdays.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

sour, I'm in a different timezone and I can't post on weekdays.

Well that's kind of a problem if you can't post on weekdays.,, I need active players. Are you sure you want to be a part of this RPG?
PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
564 posts
Nomad

Well that's kind of a problem if you can't post on weekdays.,, I need active players. Are you sure you want to be a part of this RPG?

Dunno.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I'm going to need an answer lol. I mean I wouldn't care if this RPG could move on individually for every player but this RPG doesn't move like that.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

Can we start? -Impatient Garriss is Impatient-

Showing 16-30 of 550