ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73303
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: White

I begin climbing the wall as to get an overview of our location

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@shadowgun453 I will get to yours when most people are caught up. Also, your choice is a bit messed up, but I'll fix it when I get to yours. You cannot say ''There is nothing there'' I decide that. You had the choice of going through the crates, looking in the well, or going back to the path and continuing on, or examine the room or something. You are pretty free on what you want to do but please let me decide on what happens after your choices.

----------------------------------

pangtongshu

*HP: 85/100
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack

I begin climbing the wall as to get an overview of our location

~As you start climbing the wall you notice the sharp thorns on the branches penetrating your skin. You go through the pain and continue climbing, it's a pretty long way up. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the top but you finally do. You take a look and see if you can notice anything important. Off the horizon you see to the North-West a tiny house, barely visible from this far but visible. The only other thing visible is a far off jungle North-East and a bunch of immense walls. As you try and poke your head out a bit more you feel a certain shock in your body. You notice that there is an invisible barrier not letting you go through. You finally decide to go back down. Whilst you are going down, with the thorns still damaging your skin, your hand slips into what seems to be a hole, there is a very dim light at the end of it. There seems to be another hole with the same dim light beneath your left leg.
[You have lost 15 HP from the sharp thorns] [You lose 1 thirst point from the climb]

(Notice that if you were to not have endurance I would have probably taken away 3 or 4 thirst points. As I said these are important to your choices in surviving.)

----------------------------------

sasukemystery

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*TEAM: Yellow

I go right.

~As you turn to the right it seems as if the path is endless with only darkness at the end. Nonetheless you continue on. After a good 25 minutes you hear a distinctive buzzing coming from the north-east. As you approach the noise there seems to be 3 paths. 1 straight forward, one diagonally to the right and 1 directly to your right. The buzzing sound seems to be coming from one of the paths to the right, but it's way too quiet to tell. You also see a small chest which appears to have a lock, between the walls of 2 of the paths with a small sign saying, ''Many say that in many chests there may lie a treasure or a trap. But you can't be certain until you open it! ''.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*TEAM: Yellow

I go to the chest and search the surrounding for the keys, if they aren't there I will go right and also stay cautious of incoming ambush.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack.
*TEAM: green

i will try climbing so i can see whats above the walls and judge which way we should go.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*TEAM: Red

I also vote to eliminate the "Hunger" and "Thirst" stats.

i vote for that too.

i find it strange that we all have the same items. i mean, if we could decide what we will take like you said then i would like to get some other thinks.

anway, i try to climb onto the top of the wall.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

sorry for the double post, but i decided to go left instead of climbing the wall. i want to save my hit-points.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sorry meant to say something, I vote kick.

I climb the wall with pang just to help plan our strategy.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I suggest Team name to be changed to The Dead Parents Squad

I also suggest we go left, I wait for Tarren's reply

----

I place a vote in keeping hunger and thirst. It definitely adds to the strategy and survival aspect of the game

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I shout to Tarren to not do so..as I have all the info needed and don't want top risk us both being hurt

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I decide not to go since I see pang all bloody.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I decide not to go since I see pang all bloody.

The wall that is I then follow pang.

(I'm sorry for my typos this will be the last time I promise.)
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@ALL: If you have any questions, votes, etc. Please put them in parenthesis, this is so to avoid confusion on my part.

So everyone can understand this better, this reason I put in the hunger and thirst stats is because this is a survival RPG/Tournament. If I take these aspects away then you could be out in the desert for 8 days straight with no food or water and still live? I don't see how that would be very realistic. It also adds on to how you will make your decisions.

Also, you should pay attention to your own story. I'm also kinda of going in order, so if let's say these 3 are still on the 1st step I won't be posting that with people who are already 3 steps ahead.

@xAyjAy: I suggest you do not read other's character sheets. The reason being is that every team will have different outcomes. For instance you could have climbed the wall and have seen something completely different. Or you could have gone left but since you are on team red you will see your partner there. That's the only difference.

@pangtongshu: Suggesting to your partner is fine. This is how it should be, but don't create the decisions yourself for your partner. Also, you still have not made your actual choice, if you were so far up you probably wouldn't have noticed your partner climbing up the wall and would have paid more attention to your discovery. Maybe you could say something like, ''Hey Tarren I found some weird holes here in the wall'' And then explain what you are going to do.

------------------------------

R2D21999

*TEAM: White (Dead Parents Squad 1 Vote, 2 Needed)

I climb the wall the help our strategy.

~As you climb the wall you notice that pang is there. You instead ask him what's up there and in reply he says ''I can see a house and a jungle off in the distance, but that's it. At least we know something. I also found these strange holes in the wall.'' You climb down seeing as there is no point of you both climbing the wall.

-----------------

xAyjAy

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*TEAM: Red

(I find it strange that we all have the same items. I mean, if we could decide what we will take like you said then i would like to get some other thinks.)

[See but these were the only things there. There was nothing else, so what else would you take. And I doubt you wouldn't take some things you have already.]

I decide to go left.

~As you head left you hear a loud ''clanking'' sound coming from the path. As you look closely you can see a slight silhouette from the end of the path. The clanking is really loud, like footsteps but with metal boots on. As you look closer you can see another silhouette, way bigger than the first you saw. You see a small opening on the right wall close to you.

-----------

thebluerabbit

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack.

I will try climbing so i can see whats above the walls and judge which way we should go.

~As you climb the wall you notice the sharp thorns on the branches cut into your skin. You keep climbing nonetheless until you can reach the top. Just as you are going to reach the top of the immense wall something happens. The wall seems to sink in. You quickly try and figure out what's happening but you can't do anything about it. In a matter of seconds the wall sinks in on where you are, it seems as if you are on the other side of the wall but not completely outside. The walls seem to be extremely thick. You see a big chest on the north wall with a sign saying, ''Seems like you tried climbing the wall. Well since were aren't giving you the information of just what's out there, we will give you this''. There seems to be a door on the south wall, the way you came in but on the bottom, since you did fall a feet feet from the wall. There is also a ladder back the way you came.
[20 HP loss from thorns and fall][3 Thirst from the climb]

-----------------------

If anyone who is ahead wishes to change their decision, feel free to, now that I have explained the whole situation a bit more.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

thebluerabbit

*HP: 80/100
*Thirst: 7/10

(Sorry, that's your updated sheet, I forgot to change it. Won't happen again)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*TEAM: White (Dead Parents Squad 1 Vote, 2 Needed)

(I vote for the team name changed to Dead Parents Squad, DPS for short.)

I wait for pang to get down then I head towards the white house pang explained.

Showing 46-60 of 550