ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73295
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@sour...sorry..for some reason I assumed that I had gotten off the wall

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I climb off the wall, then head left with Tarren

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ya skipped me.

No read the @ALL statement.

Don't worry I'll get to you.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@ALL: Remember that your athletic abilities affect how some choices will turn out. Keep that in mind. For example, If you are going to pick something heavy up and you do not have strength, you could get hurt. Or if you need to move away quickly from something and you are not agile, you could get hurt.

Remember that if you have anything to say to me, either comment on my profile, put @sour at the top of your post or put your comment in parenthesis below your character sheet.

--------------------------------------------

sasukemystery

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*TEAM: Yellow

I go to the chest and search the surrounding for the keys, if they aren't there I will go right and also stay cautious of incoming ambush.

~You search around but are unlucky, you cannot find any key lying around. You examine the chest again to see if there is a key around there and you catch a glimpse of something in the back. It's a key!

MattEmAngel

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 50/50
Thirst: 10/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Survival Knife
Gear: None
TEAM: Red

I quickly turn and head back the way I came.

~You quickly get out of there, as you do you notice the big cyborg monster getting faster and faster. You start to run. You notice out in the distance someone, your thinking to yourself that it might be Ghalaghor. Unfortunately you notice that you are probably not fast enough to outrun this thing, and you are slowly getting tired. You catch a glimpse of a part of the wall that is climbable with no thorns. You also notice a small hole in the ground, probably big enough for you to fit, and you're far away enough for the monster to not notice you, but it's probably a long shot. There is also a small chance that you could outrun it just giving you enough time to go to reach Ghalaghor and tell him, that there is some type of cyborg chasing you.

R2D21999

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack

I wait for pang to get down then I head towards the white house pang explained.

~*Your are now grouped up with pang* You both decide to go left. You follow pang seeing as how he kind of knows where the house may be. You continue through the maze and for about 20 minutes there has been nothing but straight paths and corners to turn. That is, until you reach a gate. It seems pretty immense almost a big as the walls. There seems to be no way to open the gate manually. You both look up and see a platform about 50-100 feet above with someone on it, but from how far you are, you can't really tell what it is. You also notice a door to the right.

[You guys should probably figure out a way to make decision together and post accordingly if you are going to be grouped up. I might end up splitting you up though. But for now look for a way of communication, comments, or chats.]

pangtongshu

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 85/100
*Thirst: 9/10

[Remember to copy the most recent character sheet. You did not have your health and thirst accordingly.]

~~*Your are now grouped up with Tarren* You both decide to go left. You lead the way seeing as how you kind of know where the house may be. You continue through the maze and for about 20 minutes there has been nothing but straight paths and corners to turn. That is, until you reach a gate. It seems pretty immense almost a big as the walls. There seems to be no way to open the gate manually. You both look up and see a platform about 50-100 feet above with someone on it, but from how far you are, you can't really tell what it is. Tarren also notices a door to the right.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ahaha now that was creative. I'll post your new one once your partner has caught up.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Finally I get on and I see i've missed the opening post! Darn it. Matt, thanks for the compliment!

CHARACTER SHEET:
*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*TEAM: Green (Myself and blue wing)

I head right. Always a good idea to go right. Wall would take too much hunger to climb anyway. "Come on blue wing, just follow me. I've got some experience at stuff like this."

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Oh, just read my partner's action. Can I quickly change what I do? Instead of going left, I climb the wall and follow him. "Let's go through the door" I suggest.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

theEPICgameKING

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*TEAM: Green

I head right. Always a good idea to go right. Wall would take too much hunger to climb anyway. "Come on blue wing, just follow me. I've got some experience at stuff like this."

~Blue Wing ignores you and climbs the wall. You also ignore him and continue on right. It seems to be extremely quiet. Way too quiet. You keep on walking with your head up high. You come to a sudden stop when you hear a loud screech from above. As you look up you see a shadow of some sort. It could be anything but it appears that it can fly. As it approaches you, you prepare for a fight. When it gets closer you are able to take a closer look. It just seems like a measly bird. But you see it drop something. A bag falls to the floor with a note on it saying, ''Here you go!''. The only way to continue is forward or backwards.

---------------------------------

MattEmAngel

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 50/50
Thirst: 8/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Survival Knife
Gear: None
TEAM: Red (Darkstar 1 vote. 2 needed)

While running away, I also shout "Ghalaghor! How about 'Team Darkstar'? Or do you have a better name? Also, that clanking sound you are probably hearing looks like something from Power Rangers, and it's kind of fast, so MOVE!"

~As you decide to keep running and try and catch up with Ghalagor you manage to gain some distance from the foul creature. You end up getting near Ghlaghor but a wall closes down in front of you, making you unable to cross over to Ghalaghor. You see another hole but with a ladder heading down into the ground to your left. It could be possible to turn around and go around or under the monster, but it's unpredictable.
[2 Thirst Points lost from run]

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Oh, just read my partner's action. Can I quickly change what I do? Instead of going left, I climb the wall and follow him. "Let's go through the door" I suggest.

Don't worry about what he's doing most of the time, just do your own thing, plus your character is kind of like that anyways.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).

I take it unlock the chest and leap back right away in case of a trap.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I take it unlock the chest and leap back right away in case of a trap.

~As you back away some sort of gas trap triggers and releases from the chest. You were smart to back away. It seems as if it's safe now though. The buzzing is still coming from one of the right side paths.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I go left to the buzzing noise.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I meant right

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

It seems as if it's safe now though.

By this I meant you can check the chest now.. You never even checked it, or was that your plan all along? Lol.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

(Ok nevermind I thought there was only a trap...)

I check the chest still cautious of traps.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

sasukemystery

*Items: Survival Knife. 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each]. 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each]. 1 med-pack.
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 3/13
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor (ELFB Armor)

I check the chest still cautious of traps, if there is anything of importance inside I'll take it. I then continue to the farthest right path.

[Hopefully it's okay that I changed it up a bit I just combined your two choices.. it'll make it shorter.]

~As you approach the chest cautiously there seems to be equipment inside:
*Browning XXV 9mm Pistol
*1 Empty Magazine
*3 9mm Bullets
*Light Full body Armor
*1 ration
You take it all and proceed to the right. As you continue walking, you hear the buzzing getting louder and louder. It sounds like a swarm of bees or something. You keep walking until you reach a small door, at least compared to the immense wall. There also seems to be a ladder to your left going to a platform leading to another door.

Showing 61-75 of 550