ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73680
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yes, thank you. Don't worry in the next GZ I'm going to change some stuff so things like this don't happen.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i just wait to see whats going on. maybe i dont have to kill after all

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I go check it out, my finger on the trigger of the small pistol I had found earlier, just in case what made that sound is not friendly.

~You head over and hear something else coming from the outside, like if there were another entrance from the outside. You then see a dim light come through the basement. The next thing you see is only red eyes. A nightwatcher. You wonder why it would be here if it's daytime, but really the sun hasn't set yet. There might be another enemy as well and you have very limited cover, what do you do?

----------------------------------------------

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i just wait to see whats going on. maybe i dont have to kill after all

~Before you do anything you turn around from where the sound is coming from. It seems someone is there, you then notice dark red eyes glowing at you. It's a nightwatcher, he's heavily armed but doesn't have much armor. You also have to deal with the other enemy on the other side. You are now stuck in between two enemies. What is your next move?

-------------------------------------------

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 35/100
*Hunger: 21/50
*Thirst: 2/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

~You tell Kenji to instead burn your wound but he proceeds to freezing it with his Ocean's Descent. He take the katana and carefully places it near the wound and it starts to let out a freezing cold. You scream in pain but get through it. It seems that this only had a minor effect but it did reduce some blood loss. This isn't good though because the freezing effect might cause frostbite. You'll have to find another way to heal it, but it had a minor effect on the bleeding. Kenji helps you up to take you to a more secure location, your position might be in danger from the noise. North a cabin. South a strange building.
[26 HP lost] [3 Thirst] [8 Hunger]

-----------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 19/50
Thirst: 4/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each],
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

~You proceed to freezing your partner's wound. It has helped the bleeding to stop but it might cause frostbite if it isn't removed and properly taken care of. You put the katana back in it's sheath and attempt to help him up to go to a safer location. North a cabin. South a strange building.
[2 Thirst] [14 Hunger]
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I have to wait for pang? Seriously?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*HP: 35/100
*Hunger: 21/50
*Thirst: 2/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i eat one ration and drink some water, but i keep the empty bottle.

i saw it in a saw movie where someone sawed of his leg and stopped the bleeding with the heat of a very hot pipe, thats why i said we should use fire/heat. but i/we could use my t-shirt and my dagger to stop the bleeding by creating bandages...

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

So I have to wait for pang? Seriously?

Or you could make the decision yourself instead o saying ''I'll follow pang'', xD.

The katana catches on fire. I can't just heat the blade up and burn the wound. The entire blade ignites at once. I will give him 3rd degree burns, serious internal damage and he will probably become unresponsive from sheer pain. If he passes out, I probably won't be able to wake him back up.

Lol, well he'll die if you don't do something about it. Obviously the whole sword might damage him, but there should be some way to use the flames from the katana onto something else to burn the wound itself. There you go, basically gave it away.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*Hunger: 36/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife,  Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 80%]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I head towards the entrance but also stop at the doorway for pang.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 65/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I head in with Tarren

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yeah I'm going to be adding some puzzles like this in the next GZ, probably a lot more obvious and simple but yeah.

---------------------------------------

Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each],
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades

Ohh right you have a push dagger. Alright, I heat the dagger with the 'Blue Flames' katana until it's red hot, then hand it to him. I put him on the floor of the cabin, then use 'Blue Flames' to melt the ice in his chest. I take both katanas and inspect the rest of the cabin

~You lay Ghalaghor on the floor and melt the ice. You take the push dagger and heat it up until it turns mildly red. You tell Ghalaghor that it's going to hurt and he might even go into shock. You push the dagger against the wound and you hear a sizzling sound and with that a very loud scream. He passes out from the pain but now his wound is fully closed up. You get a large piece of cloth from his clothing and wrap it around the wound and tie it. You try and drag him onto the nearest bed an lay him there. You grab your Katanas and inspect the upper floor and basement. Seems safe enough. The door has no lock though and there are only 3 or 4 windows. There is a kitchen with a fridge but that's it.

-------------------------------------------------

*HP: 23/100
*Hunger: 31/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.

i eat one ration and drink some water, but i keep the empty bottle.

~You eat and drink before going into the cabin. You then lay down so Kenji can attempt to heal you. Before you know it you pass out. (You must wait for Kenji to post and you will wake up after that. Luckily you have a partner who's very active here xD)
[12 Hp Lost]

-------------------------------------------------

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*Items: Survival Knife, Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 80%]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]

I head towards the entrance but also stop at the doorway for pang.

~You both head in the building. You notice a hallway and another door. There isn't any other way so you both continue on through. As you open the second door your eyes are blinded by light. And the door behind you closes shut. You are now both in a medium sized room with red painted walls. There is nothing, just an empty room. There are 4 doors. There is also a sign right smack dab in the middle of the room. It reads, ''To survive, those that are 1 become 2, so to thrive.'' The doors have symbols over them. They are animals.

http://i50.tinypic.com/j59xfm.png

------------------------------------------------------

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 65/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I head in with Tarren

~You both head in the building. You notice a hallway and another door. There isn't any other way so you both continue on through. As you open the second door your eyes are blinded by light. And the door behind you closes shut. You are now both in a medium sized room with red painted walls. There is nothing, just an empty room. There are 4 doors. There is also a sign right smack dab in the middle of the room. It reads, ''To survive, those that are 1 become 2, so to thrive.'' The doors have symbols over them. They are animals.

http://i50.tinypic.com/j59xfm.png

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm off to football practice so I got this just in time. Sorry if I missed anyone. I'll be back around 10-11 pm EST.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Hunger: 50/50
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades

Okay um I fire my pistol and then run for it.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

There's nothing to stop the wound from filling his chest cavity with blood, leading to the inability to breathe and probably asphyxiation.

Stop getting so realistic on me n.n You have plasma weapons and katanas with flames. Let's just say the flames have special powers, whatever. Either way either he might die sooner or later, or everyone else will and you guys will win and he'll 'get treatment'. xD

Where exactly? Randomly? At which enemy, there are two?

-------------------------------------------

I go to the top floor and jam 'Oceans Descent' into the floor beside the top of the stairs. Then I go back downstairs and search for weapons (because it's a survival game and this is a house. There has to be something somewhere).

~(Good Instincts.) You head back downstairs to search for any secret caches or secret hallow walls or such. You knock slightly on all the walls and tap on the floorboards. Seems like there isn't really anything. You do look outside a window though, there seems to be a basement door. It's strange that there isn't one from the inside, but it seems to be a basement separated from the house completely, it does seem to have a strange lock on it, it's glowing blue... Plasma lock maybe?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Is it still night? Regardless, I slide the nearest window open and climb out. I unsling R1SK and shoot the lock.

~Nope it is dawn. Kind of dark but there is not any Nightwatchers. You use the R1SK. Nothing. The sound from the weapon was pretty loud in itself, you might have attracted some attention, or possibly none if there's no one around. The door also seems to be a very thick and durable metal considering it made a slight dent in it. A bunker of some sort perhaps?
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

The night watcher, and I run for the stairs that lead to the cabins main room.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

[True but it was in a different location obviously, and time has also passed, sorry I failed to mention that.]

I take out 'Blue Flames' and carve the door out around the lock. Failing that, I slice the hinges and the lock bar off.

~The first option actually worked for some reason. The door can now be opened. You open it and head down. There has to be some type of light switch somewhere. Your head bumps into something, you grab it and pull it down. Light switch. The lights turn on and you are in shock. Food and supplies for days all around you. You then check some of the stuff and a lot of it is rotten and some of the food is expired. They probably put it here to annoy the player in some way or something. There are some supplies that are in great condition though. 3 medpacks are still intact. A couple of rations and some canned food(4). You then hear something come from the cabin.

----------------------------------------

*HP: 23/100
*Hunger: 31/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.

~Your eyes open. Your awake. You are still groggy and hurt. You rub your eyes and look at your covered wound. You then try to get up but it's way too much pain. You look to your right and there is someone standing there, you think it's Kenji but you immediately notice it's not him, he seems to be looking the other way still thinking your asleep. What do you do? You are on a bed and there is no cover other then walls or the bed itself.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

~You quickly fire at the Nightwatcher. You somehow hit it in one of his eyes. It was a critical hit but you ignore it and the other player and head up stairs. What do you do now?
[23 Hunger]
Showing 391-405 of 550