ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73652
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Sorry about the delay. I've been extremely stressed out with school. Today I had 4 different tests from different subjects and I have to do 2 projects and 1 paper. Lmfao I thought my last year would be simple and relaxing but nope. But anyways grades before AG.-.- I do have a vacation coming up soon at the end of this month so yay

how much hunger do i get back when i eat a fish?

Well 6~12. It's pretty random, depends on the dice roll. I decide how much hunger you get back so don't worry. All you should worry about updating is your items, armor, etc.

--------------------------------------------

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I grab what I can, (some of his weapons, and that sack) and get out before I have 100 cyborgs on me.

~Well there are a few things you can grab:
*Heavy Plasma Blade Tier 5
*Medium Body Armor [28% ND]
*Bag Contained: 2 Rations, Flash Light, 1 Med-Pack, 1 Key.
*Plasma Pocket Knife
You take what you think is necessary and head on out. You head out the front door and the first thing you notice is a big smoke cloud in the distance. You then hear several noises behind you like machines.

-------------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 62/100
Hunger: 19/50
Thirst: 4/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], Medpacks [3]
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

Epic time. I arm myself with the swords and go downstairs to find Ghalaghor.

~You head down and bump into Ghalaghor that was also heading upstairs to look for you. You then hear something strange. Something from outside, a distinct noise of a saw of some type. The next thing you see is debris flying everywhere. The side of the house has completely been obliterated and through the smoke you notice the enemy. He then starts shooting at both of you with a Plasma LMG (Light Machine Gun) which can go straight clean through those wooden walls.

--------------------------------------------

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*Hunger: 31/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 2 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears, 6 .40 Bullets.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i get upstairs, looking for kenji. if i find anything useful, i will take it.

~You head down and bump into Kenji that was also heading downstairs to look for you. You then hear something strange. Something from outside, a distinct noise of a saw of some type. The next thing you see is debris flying everywhere. The side of the house has completely been obliterated and through the smoke you notice the enemy. He then starts shooting at both of you with a Plasma LMG (Light Machine Gun) which can go straight clean through those wooden walls.

-----------------------------------------

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i will look for a hiding place and hope i can have the non-human enemy in sight in case he noticed me.

~You head for a hiding place but you hear some type of explosion come from the direction of the cabin. You take cover but look back up to see that the side of the cabin has been completely demolished and you can see a figure of someone going through. You hear a weird but very quiet noise in the distance, something like machines. You notice a little box near where you fell too.

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*HP: 92/100
*Hunger: 36/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows
*Weapons: 1 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 75%]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I carefully put a grenade by it's back legs. Set for 3 seconds and then I run.

~You set the nade and run as quickly as possible. It explodes and sends the bull straight into the ground. It looks like it can't get up right now and seems vulnerable. It still is attempting to get up though.

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 47/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 1 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 1 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [32 Arrows]
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [3% ND]

I get up, grab my crossbow, and begin firing arrows at its weakened areas

~You aim the crossbow as well as you can and start shooting. You hit a few limbs and the crab falls to the floor. It then launches it;s other claw at you and it's coming straight for you but the crab can't get up anymore.
[8 Arrows]

-------------------------------------------

Hopefully this weekend I can end this n.n Good luck to everyone.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Items: Survival Knife,  6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

Vulnerable? Where? Never mind that.

I fire at its underside(its butt).

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Vulnerable? Where? Never mind that.

I meant that it was pretty much so injured and hurt that it could barely move... You want to edit your previous choice? xD

Before starting the new version, I very highly suggest doing what I did: making a kickstarter discussion Thread for the new game.

Yeah I might do it. Either way I won't be releasing GZII for a bit. And btw the objective is to survive not to kill everyone lol... Plus when you get a frag you are easier to find. Though you do get rewarded...

I'm not saying you won't kill anyone but it should be more of a last option type of thing.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 2 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears, 6 .40 Bullets.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i follow kenji, eat a fish and, as soon as i am on the ground, i begin to shoot at the enemies head, trying to kill him with a headshot. if i can not hit his head then i try to damage his legs and arms so he can not use them anymore.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

Ok so... I'm not sure how to do this.

I guess I try to pull off one of its horns. If I can't do that I just continue with shooting its behind.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

We're on the other side of the cabin. Don't shoot at him, you'll give us away! I'm going to burn it down on top of him and distract him so we can escape.

yeah, you are right.

i just follow kenji.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], Medpacks [3]
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades

?! Where did this guy come from?! I run upstairs, pushing Ghalaghor in front of me. I use 'Blue Flames' to burn/slice a large circle into the roof. I kick it with my boot, making a large hole, then I jump out, front-flipping out onto the roof. I then move to the opposite side of the house (from the gunner), slide down the roof, jump, grab the edge of the roof and swing to the ground. Then I wait for Ghalaghor.

~You successfully manage to do this and Ghalghor follows you. You stab the side of the cabin and turn on the flames. The cabin engulfs in flames as you and Ghalaghor walk away. Suddenly you look back and the enemy is smashing through the roof and is now chasing after both of you, ''You can't run away from me measly little rats! Come back here!''. He's now shooting at both of you.

------------------------------------------

~You follow Kenji and head down onto the ground. Kenji stabs the side of the cabin and turns the flames on. The cabin engulfs in flames as you and Kenji walk away. Suddenly you look back and the enemy is smashing through the roof and is now chasing after both of you, ''You can't run away from me measly little rats! Come back here!''. He's now shooting at both of you.

---------------------------------------

I guess I try to pull off one of its horns. If I can't do that I just continue with shooting its behind.

~You jump on his head and attempt to pull off one of his horns. Unfortunately you aren't strong enough so all you do is manage to fall down on top of the bull's head. The bull starts to get up now and starts shaking his head while you grab on trying not to fall off.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm just going to do what me and pang did before to that one tiger creature thing.

I take out an arrow and stab the top of its head.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [76% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades

?! Are you kidding me? I turn and no-scope the sucker.

~You somehow manage to hit him. It's not a critical hit but it's something. The enemy falls to one knee and spits blood on the floor, ''Lucky Shot''. He gets up and throws his semi-auto to the floor and takes out a two-handed plasma sword from his back. He gets into an aggressive position and gets ready to attack the both of you.
[12% Charge]

----------------------------------------

R2 I'll do yours when I come back.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i stand where i am and try to hit the head of the enemy with the bullets of my glock. headshot time!

if i do not hit him, then i get towards him between each shot so i can hit him better in the head.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Items: Survival Knife, 1 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [32 Arrows]

Alright...might as well go for it...

I quickly fire a couple more arrows..then, as the claw nears me..I jump to the side (to doge) and punch at it with my dETRA claw

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades, Plasma Pocket Knife

[quote]I grab what I can, (some of his weapons, and that sack) and get out before I have 100 cyborgs on me.

~Well there are a few things you can grab:
*Heavy Plasma Blade Tier 5
*Medium Body Armor [28% ND]
*Bag Contained: 2 Rations, Flash Light, 1 Med-Pack, 1 Key.
*Plasma Pocket Knife
You take what you think is necessary and head on out. You head out the front door and the first thing you notice is a big smoke cloud in the distance. You then hear several noises behind you like machines.[/quote]

I added the plasma knife.

I run for it, and head for the smoke.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Weapons: dETRA Claw, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [32 Arrows]

I quickly fire a couple more arrows..then, as the claw nears me..I jump to the side (to doge) and punch at it with my dETRA claw

-The arrows strike him but don't do much. You successfully dodge it and instead of punching the claw you manage to grab it somehow. You now have a huge heat seeking claw in YOUR claw. The crab is still injured lying there. You notice some weird stuff coming out from underneath it. Small objects moving towards you.

------------------------------------------

*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades, Plasma Pocket Knife

I run for it, and head for the smoke

-You quickly head for the smoke. When you arrive you notice a cabin on fire and a lot of smoke, you also hear gunshots in the distance north. The cabin is engulfed in flames that are blue for some reason. The gunfire then stops.

-----------------------------------

Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [76% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades

(You were already out of the cabin and the enmy started to chase you. He was also already out of the cabin and also in the forest. So basically you are all away from the cabin now.)

I toss the R1SK to Ghalaghor and draw both swords. "Ladies first."

-The enemy starts charging at you but you notice something strange... You start seeing two of him. He split into 2 somehow, he must be a cyborg of some type. The cyborg then throws a gas nade to the floor and both of you are blind. You hear footsteps in all directions.

----------------------------------------

i stand where i am and try to hit the head of the enemy with the bullets of my glock. headshot time!

if i do not hit him, then i get towards him between each shot so i can hit him better in the head.

-You manage to get the shots off since you are in an comfortable position but the bullets just bounce off head as if it were metal. All of a sudden the enemy starts charging and somehow splits into 2, you now realize he is a cyborg. The enemy throws a gas nade onto the floor and you are both blind now. You hear footsteps all around you and you can´t see Kenji.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hey! You forgot me.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I'm just going to do what me and pang did before to that one tiger creature thing.

I take out an arrow and stab the top of its head.

-You take out the arrow and stab it in the face. Blood trickles down it and onto it's nose. It appears to be dead... You then see a pedastal with a chest on it appear a few feet away from you. A door also opens in the same direction.

(Sorry about not posting yours I forgot that I was going to post yours again.)
Showing 451-465 of 550