ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73364
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I open the door on the right and take a peek.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Great, I'm getting philosophies instead of directions.

Haha. Maybe read the sign again .-.

Anyways so everyone doesn't freakout I'm gonna go to sleep, I'm kind of tired.. I haven't slept yet and it's 7:25 in the morning. Gotta love vacation. :P

I'll be back later today, hopefully people have caught up by then and I'll post everyone's results

For now just hang in there.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I think we have 12 hours difference xD

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

shadowgun453

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*TEAM: Blue

I head for the forest.

~The forest is about 2 or 3 miles away but you should get there in matters time. *30 minutes later* As you approach the forest you can tell by the humidity that rainfall is common. You can see wild plants in abundance but no animals. As you keep heading forward a small robotic type android appears in a small tree above you. It is a bit short compared to an average human and doesn't seem like any threat to you. There is a clear path where it seems as if a vehicle of some kind passed through.
(You can do what you please, you are an open area)
[3 Thirst from walk] [10 Hunger]

--------------------------

xAyjAy

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 90/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*Weapons: Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger held in fist)
*TEAM: Red (Darkstar 1 vote. 2 needed.) (Magical Survivors 1 vote. 2 needed.)

First, i examine the unknown dagger, then I go back and look what is behind the right door so i can decide which challenge I want to try.

~You examine the dagger closely. You can tell it's a dagger in the first place because its double edged with a central spine. The hilt appears to be going horizontally instead of vertically, the dagger itself is shaped like a T because of it. On the hilt there is a small electronic screen, it says, ''Push Dagger XV, it is meant to be grasped in your fist, not your palm.'' You then try and head back the way you came but the door seems to have locked, and is not even budging. The only way to continue is through one of the 3 paths paths mentioned before. Left, north, and right.
[5 hp from wound] [Wound has stopped bleeding][10 Hunger]

-----------------------------

MattEmAngel

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 40/50
Thirst: 8/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Survival Knife
Gear: None
TEAM: Red (Darkstar 1 vote. 2 needed)

Great, I'm getting philosophies instead of directions. Well, I'm on RED team, so I choose red.

~As you approach the red entrance you start to feel a sudden heat go through you, as if the temperature is getting higher. You continue on, ignoring it. As you get further through the tunnel it seems as if the temperature is getting higher and higher. You wipe the sweat off your forehead and continue. You then enter a room, you look and around and you are completely surrounded by lava and flames. There are a few paths leading to the same place, a small platform with a chest in it. You can either decide to go back or continue on. The paths are left, straight and right. But none seem stable, and it looks dangerous.
[10 Hunger]

------------------------------

R2D21999

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack

I open the door on the right and take a peek.

~They appear to be stairs heading up to the platform above. There is also another door straight ahead of you.
[10 Hunger]

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I start climbing the stairs but wait for pang to follow.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@R2: Once pang has posted his, seeing as how you are currently in the same spot, I will update yours.

------------------------------

MattEmAngel

Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
TEAM: Red

If I stay here, I'm going to dehydrate, but they wouldn't put a chest in here if it didn't have something good in it as a reward. But then again they might just incinerate me. Red, Green, Blue, White, Black, which means incineration, poison, drowning, blinding light or intense darkness.

Forget it, I'm going for the chest.

~You approach one of the paths. Your first step makes the path crumble to bits. You are hesitant of proceeding, but you do anyways. You head on to the next path, it seems stable enough. You start walking forward as fireballs start flying over your head. You are getting closer and closer to the chest, you are able to make out a big electronic sign above it saying, ''FIRE''. You're half way there and the path seems to start breaking. You need to think fast, you could jump to the platform hoping you can reach it or you can jump on the path next to you!

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

theEPICgameKING
*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 2 Handed Plasma Blade [60% Charge]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Green

Ah, whoever's in charge of supplying the contenders must've noticed me! Widespread fame helps in later tournaments when you can basically sweet-talk the host into giving you a tank.
A Plasma Blade! Excellent, I love these things! Pity it's such a weak tier though. I walk towards the strongest light source: North-west. Ah, how I wish the arena was an open field instead of this labyrinth!

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

theEPICgameKING

*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack

Ah, whoever's in charge of supplying the contenders must've noticed me! Widespread fame helps in later tournaments when you can basically sweet-talk the host into giving you a tank.
A Plasma Blade! Excellent, I love these things! Pity it's such a weak tier though. I walk towards the strongest light source: North-west. Ah, how I wish the arena was an open field instead of this labyrinth!

~As you walk through the north-west path, you are blinded by light. As you say those last words of how you wish it was an open field, your eyes adjust to the light and you look up. Open field. You scan the horizon for any points to go and set camp. For now it'll have to do before they close the gates down to the other players. To the north is some mountains about 5 miles away. To the north-west there seems to be just endless dunes of a desert but farther than the mountains, the cut off of biomes is really strange. You also see to the north-east a rocky terrain, which seems to be full of caves and lakes, it's about 5 miles away as well.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

I look around for the mysterious Genie that's granting my every wish (lol), then hike towards the rocky terrain. The lakes there should provide plenty of fresh water and fish, and the caves a decent shelter.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

MattEmAngel

RGH. I take the fastest path to the chest. I should be able to handle the jumps just fine.

[Next time don't say you have strength and agility, it kinda of takes away from character, but it's fine. I removed it for you anyways.]

~You walk backwards prepared to jump to the platform. You get a sprinting start a make a jump for it. When your foot leaves the path, the path crumbles and falls into the lava. You approach the chest. You see a door to the right and the unbroken path leading back.
(You can still decide to open the chest, go back, or move on.)

-------------------------------

theEPICgameKING

I hike towards the rocky terrain. The lakes there should provide plenty of fresh water and fish, and the caves a decent shelter.

[Ha ha.. Nice try with the genie joke

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

What the.. it cut off. I think the post thought it was a BBcode of some sort.. Well here:

theEPICgameKING

*Thirst: 5/10

I hike towards the rocky terrain. The lakes there should provide plenty of fresh water and fish, and the caves a decent shelter.

~You hike to the rocky area. As you approach it, you see an entrance with 2 big oak trees at the side. You continue on and look around. You see 3 or 4 caves down the west side. A lake with some trees surrounding it and a cabin next to the lake to the east. You can also head back and walk to the mountains or the desert.
[5 Thirst from hike] [10 Hunger]

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

MattEmAngel

Weapons: Katana 'The Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo'
Gear: Light Full Body Armor

I jerk the chest open as fast as possible.

~As you open the chest, you open it quickly. You look inside and your eyes widen:
*A Katana
*Light Full Body Armor
You pick up the Katana in aw and observe it carefully. You notice something on the hilt. Inscribed it says, ''Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo''. You don't really know what it means, but you assume it is a very important sword. It has a slight glow to it, a blueish glow around the sharp edges, there also seems to be some type of switch on the hilt. As you put it around your back (it had a strap) everything becomes very quiet, even the flames and lava. You look around checking to see if there is anything wrong. Right before your eyes the ceiling starts to fall down, you cover your head with you hands and hope not to die. After everything is quiet again you look up. It seems as if there isn't anymore lava.. Wherever there was lava it is now covered up but a metallic floor. You are about to make your next move when you hear a clanking noise. ''Barlghhh buhghg'' You look up and see the same monster you were running away from before, uglier than ever all fat and drooling and such. There are only 2 ways to escape. The door behind you and the path leading back the way you came.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

MattEmAngel

Weapons: Katana 'The Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo'
Gear: Light Full Body Armor

There are four other doors back there. I'm going back, and I'm taking the Green door.

~Unfortunately the cyborg hits you with it's claw and knocks you back not letting you through. He is now charging at you at full speed, he somehow made the spikes in his skin come out even farther than they used to be.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

theEPICgameKING

Oooh, cabin! Good stuff always in cabins. Well, mysterious Genie, I would've wished for a tank but okay, this is pretty good too. But first, I test the water in the lake by cupping a sip-ful with my hands. If the water tastes good, I'll drink to restore my thirst, then check the cabin.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

theEPICgameKING

Oooh, cabin! Good stuff always in cabins. Well, mysterious Genie, I would've wished for a tank but okay, this is pretty good too. But first, I test the water in the lake by cupping a sip-ful with my hands. If the water tastes good, I'll drink to restore my thirst, then check the cabin.

~You take a sip and the water seems to taste normal. You take a drink until your thirst is quenched. You head on over to the cabin. It's pretty big for a cabin, it has a flight of stairs about 8 steps up. There is a porch and the lights seem to be on inside. The door is already open. You hear a sound come from the inside of the cabin, but you can't really distinguish it.

Showing 91-105 of 550