ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

657 49396
sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!


STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Age: (Between the ages of 18-25)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

  • 657 Replies
sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

My bad, updated sheet.

------------------------------------------------

theEPICgameKING

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Age: 22
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 2 Handed Plasma Blade [60% Charge]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Green

[5 Thirst gained]

MattEmAngel
offline
MattEmAngel
7,836 posts
4,340

Name: Kenji
Age: 23
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
Gender: Male
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 40/50
Thirst: 8/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Katana 'The Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo'
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: Red

I run straight at him, then raise the katana to my right shoulder. I slide on my knees between his legs, then swing the katana, hopefully severing a leg.

sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

MattEmAngel

Name: Kenji
Age: 23
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
Gender: Male
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 40/50
Thirst: 8/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Katana 'The Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo'
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: Red

I run straight at him, then raise the katana to my right shoulder. I slide on my knees between his legs, then swing the katana, hopefully severing a leg.

~You get passed him and look back. You notice his leg has been completely cut clean off. You notice the parts where you cut it are on fire and the flames are blue. You look at the katana and also notice it on fire. You quickly try and turn it off but nothing works. You then observe it closer and notice the switch on the hilt, you switch it and the flames go out. You must have switched it when you raised the katana, it's some sort of flames that can come out from the sharp edges of the blade. You then look back at the monster again as it's screeching in pain. You then feel something in your arm. It looks like you got hit by one of the spikes of the monster and it broke off into your skin, you take the spike out and rip off some cloth from your clothing, you then use the cloth to try and cover the wound. The wound is burning like if it was on fire, like some type of poison or something, but you ignore it and head on. The beast seemed to have quiet down but it turns around, in a matter of seconds his leg grows back. You are in shock but quickly recover and run back to the other doors. You're now safe but it seems as if the Black door has been shut and cannot be open, that leaves the Green, Blue and White doors to go through, also back up the rabbit hole if possible. Before you make your decision a screen above the red and black door appear with an image of a sword on it, the red door below the sword says ''Fire'' while the black one says ''Void''.

Garriss
offline
Garriss
1,025 posts
220

*Name: Aurum Rex Lupus
*Age: 23
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Agile
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Blue

(Sorry, I'm late. Internet was down for 3 days.)

I go to the left.

sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

*Name: Aurum Rex Lupus
*Age: 23
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Agile
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Blue

(Sorry, I'm late. Internet was down for 3 days.)

[No problem, you're just going to have to catch up, and quick.]

I go to the left.

~You head left unknowingly of what is ahead. It seems to be a dead end. You turn around and head the back the way you came. You stop as you you heard something in front of you. You look around but don't see anything, you continue forward but you bump into something and fall backwards. You recover slowly and stand up. You put your hands out in front and see what the hell there might be there. It seems like an invisible wall of some sort. You then start to hear a noise, similar to rocks crunching against eachother. The invisible wall starts to become visible as you see it approaching you somehow. You look back and the other wall is also closing in on you. You must think fast and accordingly or you could end up being crushed. You search your surroundings. The wall is climbable but it's a far ways up. You look at different parts of the wall and on the ground. You get a glimpse of a shiny metal bar attacked to the wall, it is horizontally placed, like a handle and it seems like something can be pulled up or something. You see a very small hole to your right, you probably could never fit there because of your size.
sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

sasukemystery

*Name: Viet Anh
*Age: 21
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife. 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each]. 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each]. 1 med-pack.
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 3/13
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Yellow

I attempt to open the door and if it's locked I go up the platform (using the ladder) and attempt to open the door.

~You approach the first door and open it. As you open it a light blinds your eyes. As your eyes adjust you notice that you are now outside. You move forward and scan the horizon. There seems to be a snowy area straight north, it seems to be at a higher altitude, but not mountains. There is a village to the east. You ask yourself why there would be a village here, but you pay no attention to it.
[10 Hunger] [1 Thrist]

sasukemystery
offline
sasukemystery
1,451 posts
415

*Name: Viet Anh
*Age: 21
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife. 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each]. 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each]. 1 med-pack.
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 3/13
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Yellow

I go to the village and on the way if I see anything valuable I will take it.

thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,354 posts
1,525

ugh... im pretty sure you forgot me... :/

xAyjAy
offline
xAyjAy
4,854 posts
2,690

xAyjAy

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Age: 20
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*Gender: Male
*HP: 90/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*Weapons: Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger held in fist)
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Red (Darkstar 1 vote. 2 needed.) (Magical Survivors 1 vote. 2 needed.)

i go north.

theEPICgameKING
offline
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
2,195

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Age: 22
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 2 Handed Plasma Blade [60% Charge]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Green

(Oi, you forgot to put my thirst back at 10.)
I grab my Plasma Blade in both hands and slowly peak inside before stepping in and looking around, trying to walk as silently as possible. It might be a fellow contender...or a monster. Perhaps carrying loot.

theEPICgameKING
offline
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
2,195

Oh, you ninja'd me. Lol.

MattEmAngel
offline
MattEmAngel
7,836 posts
4,340

Name: Kenji
Age: 23
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
Gender: Male
HP: 100/100
Hunger: 40/50
Thirst: 8/10
Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: Katana 'The Jigoku Kara no Aoi Honoo'
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: Red

"....yeah, I'm not trying that. I'm going to take the Blue door."

Maybe I can find another contender. And kill them.

pangtongshu
offline
pangtongshu
9,995 posts
3,285

*Name: pang tzu
*Age: 19
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*Gender: Male
*HP: 85/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I follow Tarren

sourwhatup2
offline
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
3,965

My bad. It's not easy keeping track of a lot of people, especially if they're behind. Even if I am organized it's still difficult, so if you I miss you just ask on my profile since it's the first thing I check when I get on this site. Remember I am keeping track of 9 to 10 people here

---------------------------------------

thebluerabbit

*Name: blue wing
*Age: 19
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*Gender: male
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack. 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders.
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Light Chest Armor, Light Gloves.
*TEAM: Green

i will carefully get closer to the chest and open it. i will be ready to jump out of the way in case its a trap

~You open the chest and take a few steps back. After 20 seconds nothing has happened so you approach it to check what's inside:
*Anaconda Revolver XXV .45 Colt
*3 Full .45 Colt Speedloaders (These are kind of like magazines for revolvers)
*Light Chest Armor, Light Gloves
There is the door, and the ladder leading up to the way you came in.

---------------------------------------

sasukemystery

*Name: Viet Anh
*Age: 21
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife. 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each]. 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each]. 1 med-pack.
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 3/13
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Yellow

I go to the village and on the way if I see anything valuable I will take it.

~You head to the village. As you walk through you notice that it seems abandoned. There are a few shops, a gun shop, a general store and a food market. They all seem abandoned though. You also see a house to your right with the lights on. The path your on also leads out of the village and continues forward. You could also go back.

----------------------------------------------

xAyjAy

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Age: 20
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*Gender: Male
*HP: 90/100
*Hunger: 35/50
*Thirst: 2/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack (Use it wisely, for emergency only).
*Weapons: Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger held in fist)
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Red (Darkstar 1 vote. 2 needed.) (Magical Survivors 1 vote. 2 needed.)

i go north.

As you approach the muddy path you examine it and notice the only way to go through is to go in. You don't have any rope on you so you decide to just go in. As you slowly step into the mud you feel as if it's wrapping around your leg and pulling you in. You continue on with much effort and go forward. In a bad struggle and 30 minutes later you manage to get to the other side. You're pretty tired but you kept calm and went through it as quickly as possible. There is a door right in front of you and what seems to be a mini fridge.. to your left. ''That must be a joke'' you say.
[8 Thirst from crossing the path] [5 Hunger]

------------------------------------------

theEPICgameKING

*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*Age: 22
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 2 Handed Plasma Blade [60% Charge]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Green

I grab my Plasma Blade in both hands and slowly peak inside before stepping in and looking around, trying to walk as silently as possible. It might be a fellow contender...or a monster. Perhaps carrying loot.

~As you prepare for a fight you walk into the cabin slowly. You are alert for any ambush or attack. As you approach the middle of the cabin you hear a noise behind you, you quickly turn around and notice someone jump onto you swinging a small blade around but you keeping evading it. Your blade was knocked out of your hands and is a bit far out of reach, and this guy isn't exactly a light fellow. What do you do?

(Okay you will be free to make choices I will probably end up changing a bit but go ahead. Also, this might be an actual fight and might take a few rounds or it could be a flat out 'tell me who you are' type thing. Just do what you think is logical in a situation like this.)

------------------------------------------

R2D21999

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Age: 19
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 10/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I start climbing the stairs but wait for pang to follow.

As you both head up the stairs you hear something coming from the other side of a door just on the top of the stairs. You approach it carefully and prepare to open the door. You fling it open as pang looks and then you take a look. You see a guy about 6'11 with a Giant plasma sword in his hands ready to attack. Behind him you see a lever. What do you do?

(If you engage it could be a few rounds of battle, but since you both are together it should either be quicker or you also could die, but I doubt it hahaha.)

-------------------------------------

*Name: pang tzu
*Age: 19
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*Gender: Male
*HP: 85/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: None
*Gear: None
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I follow Tarren

~As you both head up the stairs you hear something coming from the other side of a door just on the top of the stairs. You approach it carefully and prepare to check what is on the other side. Terran flings it open as you take a look of whats on the other side. You see a guy about 6'11 with a Giant plasma sword in his hands ready to attack. Behind him you see a lever. What do you do?

(If you engage it could be a few rounds of battle, but since you both are together it should either be quicker or you also could die, but I doubt it hahaha.)

--------------------------------------

ATTENTION: If I missed anyone by any chance or I still haven't got to them yet, please report it on my profile, I will update your sheet ASAP.

sasukemystery
offline
sasukemystery
1,451 posts
415

*Name: Viet Anh
*Age: 21
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*Gender: Male
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 40/50
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife. 4 Rations[10 Hunger Each]. 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each]. 1 med-pack.
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 3/13
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor
*TEAM: Yellow

I go into the house and if no ones there I will loot all I can and go to the shops/stores to loot everything.

Showing 121-135 of 657