1 posts
Nomad

Just a thought summed up in the topic. Would really like to see that done :'

• 17 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

What do you mean by this? If you mean by the site then it's possible.

Everytime I get on the site I'm already logged in. I think there is an option for it in every browser.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There is an automatic logout every week, but you can avoid more frequent logouts by not logging out.

I think there is an option for it in every browser.

Do you mean a way to bypass the weekly logout, or do some browsers logout every time unless you have a setting to stay logged in?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Do you mean a way to bypass the weekly logout, or do some browsers logout every time unless you have a setting to stay logged in?

The latter. I can close my browser and come back in and it's still signed in. That's what I mean.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The site automatically keeps you logged in.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

The site automatically keeps you logged in.

Or that. Lol. I didn't know which one it was. I think it just has to do with the cookies on the site.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think it just has to do with the cookies on the site.

Precisely. The cookies do it.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Cookies, where?

What is this weekly log-out. Killersup has never had that happen?

PuzzleMage
PuzzleMage
12 posts
Shepherd

When I go to play GemCraft Labyrinth it has my saved game ready to load, so the cookies on my computer are clearly just peachy, but it wants me to buy the premium edition because I'm not logged into Armor games. I'm on my own computer, so I'd like to stay logged in. I was playing yesterday, and today it doesn't know me, so it's not like I've been gone a week, either.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

so the cookies on my computer are clearly just peachy, but it wants me to buy the premium edition because I'm not logged into Armor games.

Flash savegames get stored in so-called flash cookies, or more technically Local Shared Objects (LSO's), these are and work differently from http cookies proper.

The issue described above, and while it's an older thread, indeed refers to the way users have their browser set up to handle the latter, so cookies proper. This will determine whether the site recognizes them as being logged on or not.

2) The issue of being logged on here, but not being recognized as such by a given game, gets quite regularly mentioned here. I've not studied it enough to know the answer, although my first guess would be to just try and log in again through the in-game logon screen you presumably get. Either way, your flash cookies should have no bearing on this (they will on whether your games get saved offline or not, so on your machine. Note this doesn't pertain to online saves, which obviously aren't stored on your computer.)
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't had to log back into my account since the time we had that security breach a couple months back. Two things come to my mind with the issue of logging in here. Your PC/laptop/iOS might be periodically deleting this login cookie based on various actions you take, like turning it off or clicking off a browser. The second thing would be logging in from a different computer/laptop/iOS which notices that you logged in somewhere else. Simply put, logging in in a different place requires you log back in when you hop back to the original area.

There might be more to it than this :/

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I think that's pretty much the gist of it, Freaken.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

I only have to log back in if I log out, for like 6 months straight I didn't have to log back in.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Off the top of my head I believe we set our login cookie to be a month. If you are being logged out earlier than that, you may be deleting cookies or just logging out. You might have a browser extension that does some cookie cleaning as well.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

There is an automatic logout every week, but you can avoid more frequent logouts by not logging out

I have never experience this. Am I special?
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

I have never experience this. Am I special?

Nope the only way i log out if i'm not here for forever.
Showing 1-15 of 17