ForumsGamesIncursion

9 4774
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I just got absolutely hooked on incursion, spent all day playing it. One of the only games i have ever rated 10/10. I love it so much. I got every award, got the highest rating on every level including death plateau, creator of this game, wherever you are, please make a number 2!!! Anyone here agree or get hooked like i did?

• 9 Replies
dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

[b] i like that game, sortof a copy from Kingdom Rush but a really good game 10/10 =)
but one thing they should add a water enemy though but still good

erica_engelhard1
erica_engelhard1
1 posts
Scribe

@kirks011
I got hooked, like you said I played all day on this thing until I got every little star and achievements..

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

@dav123, i agree its sorta the same thing, but i think its an improved version, i really like it water enemy though... i like the idea but i think it might make things to complicated. Maybe there should be if there were a water unit?

@erica, Haha, i know exactly how you feel! its really good, eh?

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

Is incursion an MMO?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Is incursion an MMO?

Incursion

No. It's a tower defense type game that follows the basic archetype of 3 towers and linear upgrades. It has the same type of reward system as Kingdom Rush, whereupon completion of a level you are ranked by how many enemies did not get by and use those to upgrade.

I personally think it's better than Kingdom Rush, as there's a larger variety of strategies you can use due to all the combinations you can make per tower and moveable troop placements.

b] i like that game, sortof a copy from Kingdom Rush but a really good game 10/10 =)

Kingdom Rush is a carbon copy of a stereotypical TD. It's not different from any other TD really, except for the animation style (which is what's most similar between KR and Incursion).
hitokimibatosai
hitokimibatosai
9 posts
Baron

yea got hooked on this game too. if you ever find the creator let him know i will pay him for that mouse cursor!! omg i want it!!!

pilgrimofthemarch
pilgrimofthemarch
30 posts
Farmer

I liked it and I got all achievements etc. but I thought it was quite easy and didn't involve much strategy. Better/more challenging TDs are Kingdom Rush, Keeper of the grove, Demons vs Fairyland and Monsters TD 1&2 in that order, in my opinion.
Booblic (developers of Incursion and most of the rest) are the best TD producers because they make quality and quantity which beats one release in two years by Ironhide with Kingdom Rush.

I think Kasic is wrong about Kingdom Rush. It's a revolutionary TD which has changed the genre forever. It popularised use of soldier units to support the towers as well as including a range of original tower abilities. It's earnt it's place on the throne.

My opinion of rip-offs/copies is that that's great for the gamers. For example, respect to Ironhide for being so inventive but thanks to the other companies who have copied and improved features so that we have had other games to play for the last couple of years.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Better/more challenging TDs are Kingdom Rush, Keeper of the grove, Demons vs Fairyland and Monsters TD 1&2 in that order, in my opinion.

Those are all extremely easy TDs. Bloons, Gemcraft, and various other less popular ones are much harder.

It's a revolutionary TD which has changed the genre forever.

The only thing it did differently was the graphical style.

It popularised use of soldier units to support the towers

Soldiers/barricades/expendable things are quite common among TDs.

as well as including a range of original tower abilities.

Not any different from other decent TDs.
aurelius_maximus
aurelius_maximus
22 posts
Peasant

In Incursion, I loved making kill-zones.

Stick a few low-level mages at the beginning and scatter a couple throughout, then fill up all the open spots around with high-level archers, and put a few high-level melee at the end and what goes in doesn't come out.

Showing 1-9 of 9