ForumsThe TavernAre People Losing the Ability to Communicate

27 8045
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

Ok I didn't know where to put this so no complaining that it's in the wrong spot.

So I don't know about you but most of my teachers are going off on how the human race is losing the ability to communicate even though we are in a Era of Socail Media. Do you think they are right? Have we lost our ability to communicate? Or do you disagree and believe are ability to communicate is fine? I want to know what you think.

• 27 Replies
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

Pretty sure either:

a) Ur teacher is stupid
b) The textbook is stupid

This counts as a way of communication, many things do, drawing etc.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

a) Ur teacher is stupid

Oh the cruel irony...
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Oh the cruel irony...

I may be called a pessimist and I may not think too highly of the average person's intellectual capacity...but even I don't think that the vast majority of people, when asked to spell "your" or "you're" are going to seriously tell you it's spell "ur."

Unless they're 6, maybe.

I think we're loosing the ability to communicate verbally, becasue everyone is on their phones or computers now. And there's all sorts of hand gestures that people use.

We still communicate verbally. Phone calls are verbal, and so are voice chats with a microphone.

b) The textbook is stupid

Who even reads the textbooks?
DancesWithFoxes
DancesWithFoxes
58 posts
Nomad

I believe what they mean by us losing communication is...

A lot of people aren't talking face to face. Plus with all this technology we tend to shorten our words. Then some people turn around and don't use literature properly.

Also this is my personal opinion, but I believe since all this technology has come about people have lost the sense of using manners as well.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

er-I think that students who get into the best places of higher education read textbooks.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Lel wut da eff iz dis topic 'bout? Imma leik gonna mak alllll u brozas mah B!

-Chillz

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

*grunt grunt* *snort grunt* *grunt snort snort grunt srusnoort* *grunt grunt snort* *oogabooga!*

(translation I think some of the lesser people are losing the ability to communicate. It will be the grammar and spelling Nazis who will take over!

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The old world London:
Crikey. 'E said that? We shoulda bashed 'is brains in a while ago. Now them 'atters are gonna hunt us down and turn us into grinding piss!
Modern times, most of the English-speaking Western youth world:

Lel wut da eff iz dis topic 'bout? Imma leik gonna mak alllll u brozas mah B!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Ever read A Clockwork Orange? One heck of a funny fictive teenager dialect, yet it isn't less expressive than normal speech. You pony?

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Kaplah!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

In an area where the entirety of Earth is globally connected, able to stream video seamlessly 12,500km away, and have eskimos comment on chilean outfits, yes, I would say people are losing the ability to communicate.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think the question should be Are People Losing the Ability to Communicate within their family instead because people around the World can communicate now thanks to the Internet. The funny thing is that the dad, mom,son,daughter can all be together in the family room and not communicate with each other because they are too busy communicating with their online friends. xD

Showing 16-27 of 27