ForumsGamesWho Is Your Least Favourite Game Developer

18 5015
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I know you all want to say Electronic Arts or Activision, but what I'm talking about here are the companies that develop the games not publish them.

If I had a game developer I hated, it would be Midway.

They were good when it came to arcade games and such back before the 2000's. But they went on a downward spiral with some of their games for the consoles such as Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run and Blacksite: Area 51. I'd sure miss them if it weren't for those games.

Anyways, what would be your least favourite game developer (or game maker)?

• 18 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The only one I can really think of is Infinity Ward. They blew my mind with CoD 4, but it's been the same game 3 times now. At least Treyarch actually adds new content. (Zombies, those mini game things in Black Ops 1, etc.)

Sure some developers have made pretty big flops like Gearbox with Duke Nukem Forever, but they always have redeeming qualities. Gearbox makes up for that mess with Borderlands. Meanwhile, IW just makes the same garbled map designs and war games again and again.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Am I the only one forgetting about Capcom?

Releasing the same game each year, like Activision, the only difference is that they have Locked On-Disc Content...

They say that they acknowledge the fact that fans are hating this, but they haven't even done anything about this...

And does anyone remember the company that made WarZ?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Harmonix Music Systems

they made guitar hero. or should i post the developers of the game that they ripped off?
in that case, Konami for giving Harmonix the idea to make guitar hero.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

If there's one developer that I truly hate it's sledgehammer games, the completely ruined a game that had great potential (MW3).

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Treyarch, just because they haven't taken a risk yet. All they ever done was get a big name and create a game around it (spider man, CoD, Tony Hawk, Quantum of Solace).

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

The only one I can really think of is Infinity Ward.

All they've been making is COD?

Who the heck wants to make only games based off one series.

And now Sledgehammer Games will probably be like them.

And does anyone remember the company that made WarZ?

WarZ was made by Hammerpoint Interactive. And Sergey Titov was the executive producer of the game, who also was the executive producer of this game:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Oh, gawd...

That's the last thing we want to be reminded of...

Heh, and both games were released in Alpha, interesting...

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Really surprised no one has said Nintendo yet.

Um, whoever develops those free games the Army pass out. (America's Army, Guard Force, and Prism)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c3/America%27s_Army1.jpg/220px-America%27s_Army1.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/object/854/854572/656971boxart_160w.jpg

http://youfoundasecret.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/prismgs2.jpg

~~~Darth Caedus

unrealtron13
unrealtron13
170 posts
Shepherd

EA sports

Lulzshock
Lulzshock
19 posts
Blacksmith

Infinity Ward is pretty awful. The only thing more lame than their Re-washed crap is the low quality **** Treyarch puts out.

EA owns several developers don't they? I'm sure most of them are awful.

Though DICE is cool with me, Mirrors Edge was pretty fun.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I lost favor with Bethesda first for the whole let down on the engine that Fallout 3 was running on, it wasn't built to be a hardcore shooter at all and was dependent on you using VATS.
Then Bethesda ALWAYS has a mass amount of glitches, and focuses alot on storyline and not that much on gameplay really.

Biggest letdown was the fact that Bethesda bought Id Software and remade Doom 3 (Doom 3 BFG) into something that completly goes against what the original game was, a horror FPS shooter. But when they made Doom 3 BFG they made it so vetern difficulty was literally the same as medium on the original game, and they took away the fact that a flashlight was independent from other weapons, so you could use wepons plus a flashlight instead of just a flashlight, which completly ruined alot of the suspence in that game and the erieness.

Also I just don't like Bethesda for the fact that they bought Id Software, the one company that I always loved for their doom and quake series'.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Don't think there's any particular studios that I dislike. Specific people? Sure. But not any studio as a whole.

It's pretty interesting that indie developers nowadays make better games then some larger developing companies out there.

I'm not so sure about that. There's a whole lot more bad Indie games than good ones, even compared to the bigger studios. It's just that we don't pay much attention to them, because there's no marketing involved.

Granted, there's obviously some exceptions, but I wouldn't say Indie games as a whole have been better.

Biggest letdown was the fact that Bethesda bought Id Software and remade Doom 3 (Doom 3 BFG) into something that completly goes against what the original game was, a horror FPS shooter. But when they made Doom 3 BFG they made it so vetern difficulty was literally the same as medium on the original game, and they took away the fact that a flashlight was independent from other weapons, so you could use wepons plus a flashlight instead of just a flashlight, which completly ruined alot of the suspence in that game and the erieness.

Also I just don't like Bethesda for the fact that they bought Id Software, the one company that I always loved for their doom and quake series'.

Bethesda never bought id; Zenimax is the company that owns both.
As for Doom, it was simply published by Bethesda, with id still being the developer behind the BFG Edition. So you should direct your complaints at id and not Bethesda. ;P
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Yea I made a mistake there, I thought Id got bought by Bethesda because on the bethesda website it lists the doom series as game that they made.

Well then guess Ill have to say I lost favor with Id Software as well because of the big letdown BFG was.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

It's pretty interesting that indie developers nowadays make better games then some larger developing companies out there.

While I haven't played an indie game, I'd say that's one of the biggest things I've been hearing online.

It probably has something to do with them actually doing it out of the love they have for the game they're creating, as well as them only wanting to get their name out, with money being a (good) bonus.
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

If Zenimax Media never bought Id Software, then RAGE would have been published by Electronic Arts and there would be no BFG Edition for Doom 3.
Showing 1-15 of 18