ForumsGamesWho Is Your Least Favourite Game Developer

20 2669
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
293 posts

I know you all want to say Electronic Arts or Activision, but what I'm talking about here are the companies that develop the games not publish them.

If I had a game developer I hated, it would be Midway.

They were good when it came to arcade games and such back before the 2000's. But they went on a downward spiral with some of their games for the consoles such as Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run and Blacksite: Area 51. I'd sure miss them if it weren't for those games.

Anyways, what would be your least favourite game developer (or game maker)?

• 20 Replies
fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts

While I haven't played an indie game, I'd say that's one of the biggest things I've been hearing online.
Both Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are indie games, and both are fairly recognizable, wouldn't you say?

It probably has something to do with them actually doing it out of the love they have for the game they're creating, as well as them only wanting to get their name out, with money being a (good) bonus.
The only big company with the same thought process is Valve, and they release nothing but gold. Every other big company more or less see dollar signs when they think 'video games'.

I'm not so sure about that. There's a whole lot more bad Indie games than good ones, even compared to the bigger studios. It's just that we don't pay much attention to them, because there's no marketing involved.
There's a whole lot more bad games release by famous companies, so there is not much difference between the two, except commercial marketing like you mentioned.
I noticed that in my years of playing video games, less and less good games end up in my hands. *sigh* what happened, gaming industry? Blinded by money that much?

Granted, there's obviously some exceptions, but I wouldn't say Indie games as a whole have been better.
I'll have to disagree on that one. It might be, but a close result since indie games like Fez, Minecraft, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Braid, Castle Crushers and much much more are a big hit, earning several awards and earning their spot in the video game history. As for big title games, well, Call of duty modern warfare 3, duke nukem: forever, dead island fail launch, diablo 3...need I say more?
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
293 posts

Also I just don't like Bethesda for the fact that they bought Id Software, the one company that I always loved for their doom and quake series'.

If Zenimax Media never bought Id Software, then RAGE would have been published by Electronic Arts and there would be no BFG Edition for Doom 3.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,632 posts

If Zenimax Media never bought Id Software, then RAGE would have been published by Electronic Arts and there would be no BFG Edition for Doom 3.

Yea, exactly, neither of those games were any good so not having the games produced in the first place wouldn't be a bad thing.
Btw I already listed my concerns with BFG in an above post.
Chris707
Chris707
79 posts

It'll change but for now 343 industries because they screwed up halo 4 ;(

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
293 posts

It's pretty interesting that indie developers nowadays make better games then some larger developing companies out there.

That's true, but mods will always be the best.

They always improve on what the game's developers screwed up on or provide fresh, but similar, gameplay.

Just like DayZ for ARMA2, or Project Reality for BF2.
Showing 16-20 of 20