ForumsThe TavernProduct Design Fail

2 2922
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Let's do some Graphic Design 101 teaching today. First specimen is:

http://www.quakeroats.com/Libraries/Products/popped-Choc-Detail.sflb.ashx

First thing they screw up: what the product is. They advertise the flavor with giant slabs of chocolate, but in an itty-bitty corner at the top, they show the actual food. This would infuriate me as a child wanting exactly THAT with a healthy mix.

Second thing: If you're going to advertise a chocolate-flavored product, make sure the font doesn't accidentally imply "Pooped". By raising the top of the O, you are fixed to the top of the word, not paying attention to the bottom.

• 2 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Nothing needs to be said.

It doesn't contain anything extraordinarily bad, but it's a big image and I don't feel like resizing it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

They advertise the flavor with giant slabs of chocolate, but in an itty-bitty corner at the top, they show the actual food. This would infuriate me as a child wanting exactly THAT with a healthy mix.

The job of the designer is to create a design that would get people to buy the product. The large chocolate slabs are deceiving..but give the product an image of being really chocolatey...which a child would really want..being a child and all. The child would get upset finding out that it isn't real chocolate..but, they've then spent the money for the product
Showing 1-2 of 2