Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Matt's Snap-Sketch request page.

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 3:47pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,433 posts

Nice drawings.

I have a simple one. Can you draw an arrow hitting a bull's-eye?

And I don't mean the stick drawing version.

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 5:16pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

Sure. You're on deck, and so it light_chaser.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 2:12am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

FINALLY fixed it. This is me in the "Ground Zero" RPG.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zpsfb4bb65a.jpg

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 2:15am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

And your (fixed) sketch, R2D21999:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps438aee42.jpg

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 3:01am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,978 posts

Can you draw an arrow hitting a real bull's eye?

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 1:52pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

That sounds kind of gross...

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 3:53pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,433 posts

I was actually going to suggest that next...

Make a lighting bolt hit a tree.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 6:34pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

Ugh. I'll think about the bulls-eye thing, but horses/bulls are hard to draw. I have trouble with angles and bone structure.

I'll try the lightning-tree one too, but ACTUAL lightning is hard to capture. Hmm....maybe a negative space picture...

Also, light_chaser, haven't forgotten about you, don't worry.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:41pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

Hmm, a quick black-and-white? I dunno, the lack of color would hinder my character's justice. Then again you're a great artist, and I hope you soon have the skill to color. Heh.
My character, Savell Valkerie.
Face: Crooked nose. Usually glaring eyes. His mouth is covered by the high collar of his jacket. Thick, shoulder-length hair tied in a ponytail. Yes, ponytails can be done with men. Hair is also covering his right eye.
Torso: A high-collar jacket covers his mouth. It has a single stripe down each side, where the buttons are, about as wide as the buttons if that helps. Ragged cloak billowing out behind him.
Arms: Well-defined biceps! Large hands. One holds a spear. A shield strapped to his other forearm.
Waist/legs: Crossbow holstered like a gun, partially hidden by his cloak. Scabbard holding his sword. Make it pretty wide, as his sword has a wide blade. As for legs, he wears a chain-mail Kilt (ITS NOT A SKIRT.), over a pair of sweatpants.
Feet: Spiked boots please.
Accessories: Heavy scars on exposed skin, he's had a lot of battlefield injuries. Thick eyebrows.

...Detailed enough?

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:46pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,663 posts

Sure. Heres a good question: If he has a spear in one arm, a shield on the other, and a broadsword, where am I going to fit a crossbow in? AND a holster? Reign it back in. Describe the character in "Ground Zero," who has only an energy blade thing and whatever he was wearing. It's black and white with cross-hatch shading. You can only put in so many objects (and shade them) before they get tangled up.

Reply to Matt's Snap-Sketch request page.

You must be logged in to post a reply!