Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Home Page Not Working

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 12:49am

Vladimus

Vladimus

2 posts

Since a couple days ago the home page has been completely messed up. Every other part of the site works just fine, its just the home page that is completely unusable. Heres a screenshot of it.
http://i.imgur.com/aetPJ.png

Id appreciate any help that anyone can give. Thanks.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 1:01am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,234 posts

Odd..shows up completely fine for me. updated flash and/or java?

What browser are you using?

Cookies cleared?

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 3:40am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,806 posts

Looks to me like a problem with the loading of the page... do you have some sort of adblocker active maybe that could interfere with the page not loading fully?
The loading of the homepage shouldn't require flash or java, or suffer any effect from clearing cookies by the way...

Try switching to another browser and see if the problem persists. =)

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 8:02am

Vladimus

Vladimus

2 posts

Yeah I thought it seemed like a page loading problem as well. I just checked java and flash for updates and there weren't any. I tried it on internet explorer and it did the same thing. I also use No Script, but thats never been an issue before and even with it off it still doesnt work. Also clearing my cookies didn't help either. Is there some other information I could provide that would be of help in fixing this?

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 8:29am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,842 posts

Have you tried to delete your browser-cache (not the tempfiles/cookies, check the internet if you dont know how to do it), but thats just a shot in the dark.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:23am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

updated flash and/or java?

Cookies cleared?

How would that help? That's a complete shot in the dark, If that works, I'll be genuinely surprised.

Usually, when I had this problem, it's because a firewall or antivirus is blocking  sites for no apparent reason. You could turn off said firewall or antivirus and see if the problem still persists.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:30am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

It's also possible that your internet connection is at fault here by the looks of it, usually when my internet connection is garbage, it loads text on the left side exactly like yours did. Make sure you don't have a lot of programs running in the background and not downloading anything that might require a lot of resources, and see if your internet connection has four bars and if it's fast.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:54am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,327 posts

^ Like he said. Loos like you have a lot of crap open in the back. Close that and try again.... ?

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 2:59pm

EagleOfFire2

EagleOfFire2

131 posts

I can't see the screenshot of the first post... However, I get a distorted listing of the "new games" listed on the main page.

Doesn't stop the page from loading, doesn't actually stop anything... Except that one or more game break the page up and it end up taking more than half the page for no good reason I can think of.

Also, it seem to happen only once in a while. It is not constant. Half the time the page load fine. It is quite the strange error.

Thought it would be good I'd report that as well.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 4:29pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Looks like a problem with the CSS (since all the content seems to be there - it's just not looking how it should: styling issues). Do you know if it's linked correctly? It could be your browser, or it could be the AG servers handing you the wrong information. If everything is alright from the server side, there should be a line in the source that says something like '' or the sort. It could also be a bad link.

Of course, that doesn't help with fixing it any. Do you know if there's an option to enable / disable CSS on your browser?