ForumsForum GamesAvatars of the Totems: War

34 5875
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Okay, here's the deal: in a land of powerful magic, there exist eight Totems: the Arcane Totem, source of unnatural magics; the Life Totem, source of the life we know, the Totems of Light and Dark (NOT good and evil, just light and dark) and the four Zodiac Totems.
You first write down your side: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Arcane or Life. Then you put down your Location (by default your starting element's Totem), your Rank and finally your Action. So it should look like this:
Element: Fire
Action: I travel to Dead Fields.
Or this:
Element: Life
Action: I erect a sphere of vines and other plants to protect the Totem.
RULES - READ THOROUGHLY:
1: No profanity. I don't want this to get out of hand.
2: No killing.You can hit them so hard they fly crying back to their Totem, but no killing.
3: No sudden changes of side. You can play as Air and you might regret it, but you'll have to apply for a change of side. I will appoint Controllers from people who play by the rules and think by the rules, but you'll have to ask one o' them. Or me.
4: You can either move from A to B or attack or defend. Not two at the same time. And once you've done, you'll have to wait for a reply before doing another action.
5: Your moves MUST be themed like your Element. E.G: "I create a wall of solid water. Not ice, water." for Water or: "I create a blinding spot of sunlight around the Totem to stop trespassers." for Light.
6: Enjoy it. It's meant to be fun.

• 34 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Not quite. There's no killing other players (against the rules). You can hit 'em, bash 'em, burn 'em but not kill them. And each Totem has 50,000 HP. Oh, and the damage you do is determined by a Controller or me.
Element: Water
Action: I build an Ice Sentry. Future trespassers will have to get past it.
Fire: 50,000
Water: ditto
Earth: ditto
Air: ditto
Light: still ditto
Darkness: ditto
Arcane: ditto
Life: ditto

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Okay I'll try this.
HereIgo.
Element: Fire
Action: Melting your sentry as we speak.

ahkay i'm done now lets see where this goes.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

you need to make this more organized

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Action: laughing as gravity stops your fire before it even leaves the land of the Fire Totem. You can't target anything outside the area you're in. I then set off for the Desert Stronghold. c:
@letsgome_gome Organised how?
Areas:
Totems (each has its own land)
Dead Fields
Rainbow Forest
Mushroom Island
Bunny Village
Storm Island
Desert Stronghold

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

you need to make this more organized

I agree... This is all over the place.
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

How so? Please explain further.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

No, each Totem has its own area: Water Totem is an area housing the Water Totem.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

So, who's interested? I'd prefer it if everyone picked different teams, rather than all piling onto, say, Water with me. If it comes to that I may be forced to rebalance.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Okay. Here are the updated rules:
1. You can choose your element, but need permission from a Controller or above to change it again.
2. Your attacks MUST be essentially themed after your element. A little creativity is allowed, for example: "I create a geyser of lava" could be used by either Earth or Fire.
3. No racism, profanity, etc.
4. You can't change location and attack in the same turn.
5. No killing.
6. Have fun.
I'll post a rank hierarchy soon. Just start as a Warrior.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Here's the new rank hierarchy:
Banned: can't do damage, can't move, really shouldn't even be playing.
Tier 0 - only Controllers+ can move them here:
Dishonoured: oof, a long way to go before you're forgiven. Only Controllers and above can give quests to these.
Tier 1 - 0 XP:
Newbie: starting rank.
Tier 2 - 20 XP:
Warrior: someone who's completed quests from Nobles/Priests and above.
Tier 3 - 50 XP:
Veteran: a seasoned fighter. A force to be reckoned with. Be careful...
Tier 4 - 100 XP:
Monks: Monks can heal Totems and give out quests, but a member of the Healing Order who fights will be moved down to Dishonoured.
Noble: Nobles are great fighters who can give quests and fight, but not heal.
Tier 5 - 250 XP:
Priest: An upgraded Monk with more quests to give.
Warlord: A very strong Noble.
Tier 6 - 500 XP:
Abbot: A Priest with huge healing power and quest-giving capabilities. These guys can repair the work of armies.
Overlord: Can give as many quests as the Abbot, plus nearly handle the Abbot's healing.
Tier 7 - 1000 XP:
Overlord-Abbot: the peak of either career, these guys can give out nearly all quests and are super-powerful at both healing and fighting.
Moderators:
Controller: hand-picked by Complectors or higher, these must have reached Abbot or Overlord first. Can give out as many powers as an Overlord-Abbot.
Complector: super-mods. Must be deemed worthy by higher powers. Can give out any quest type.
Demigod: hyper-mods. Must be deemed worthy by... me.
Architect: me. Ultimate power!
Quests:
Tier 4:
Retrieve a small artifact. 10 XP, not dangerous.
Deal X (20-30) damage to X Totem. As much XP as the damage you do.
Claim X location (NOT a Totem)
Tier 5:
Retrieve a medium artifact. 30 XP, might be dangerous. >:3
Deal up to 60 damage to X Totem.
Tier 6:
Retrieve an artifact of power. 50 XP, you're dang right it's dangerous!
Hunt X beast in X (no Totems) location. As much XP as the boss' HP (up to 100).
Tier 7:
Retrieve a great artifact. 75 XP, really not a great idea.
Kill X Titan. Up to 500 HP.
Complector and above:
Retrieve the ultimate artifact. Up to 250 XP, but HARD.
Wipe out all resistance that's not your Element in X area. No killing other players, but flush 'em out. 80 XP per player. These one can go on for a while, but reinforcements do get you tons of XP.
Righto! Who's interested?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Let me just demonstrate.
Player 1:
Element: Earth
Action: I create a landslide, crushing the bunnies! >
Player 2:
Action: I bring the poor bunny wabbits back to life. I also cover the boulders with moss, vines and trees. There is life here yet!
You get it. I'll start:
Action: I create massive walls of ice, surrounding the stronghold. Then I flood the area within the walls. It is a desert stronghold no more!
I'd also like to point out that you're not constricted to the land, the world, even the system. Be creative! You can also befriend players of other elements, but can't fight others of your team.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Action: I grow lilies and other water plants to inhibit the inside of the Ice Stronghold. I also get sponges (the plant) to suck up the water inside and fill it with plants.

Is this OK?
You should probably explain locations a bit more, (even though I think I get it) but this looks really interesting! Can I join, if that's ok?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Yes, you can. You have to start at the Life Totem, though. And you know what? Let's add a tiny bit of HP so that you can die eventually. And last but not least, I'm giving you a quest! Terraform Dead Fields and come back for 20XP!

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Element: Dark
Action: I start siphoning power from my Dark Power Bank, if it hasn't been emptied to cut down Yggdrazil.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Locationead Fields
Action: I travel to the Dead Fields.

Ok, thanks! This looks like a really great game!

Showing 1-15 of 34