Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it? Pt.2

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:54pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,970 posts

Knight

It'll give you something to work on and look forward to.

That's a good suggestion, and thanks for inviting us, but what if you have no literary talent (like myself?) That's not really open to everybody, since not everyone can write a poem.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 12:26am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,704 posts

I disagree, I'm finding the tavern a bit boring lately. However forum games and all the support threads are still booming.

Forum games especially has taken off...my guess is because of how it gives posts now

When there's a gardening thread on the first page, you know we need to start working. I joke , I joke. :)

>_> Hey now..I made that. But for a good reason..although I know nothing about gardening and don't care where it goes..I thought it could at least do something (albeit, a small something) to activity...giving people another thread to post on

I would make a thread in the tavern but I don't know any topics.

This is something worth addressing..people could be over-thinking about what threads to make. The Tavern is a place for any thread that wouldn't go in the other sections (as long as it is appropriate..)..so it shouldn't be too difficult to make some. Looking at some older threads..and it almost seems like if a topic popped into a users head..they made a thread about it instead of thinking about if they should or not

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 12:54am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

@xeano321:
Well that is what haiku are for. :p
Joking aside, that is part of what the contests are for. To sharpen one's abilities to write poems and string together words. Even haiku require a certain amount of tact and talent to be truly epic. Over time, you will get used to it. Gotta start somewhere, cholo. ^_^

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 9:45pm

daleks

daleks

3,652 posts

I make threads from time to time. They tend to die out quickly though.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 12:09pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,970 posts

Knight

Well, most people are probably aware of this, but I must say it anyway.

Have others noticed a large slump of community activity over the past week or so? I first noticed about 2-3 weeks ago, but it's failed to improve itself. Any remedies, solutions, or a possible cause as to this slump?

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 12:55pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,091 posts

I assumed some people left because AP doesn't exist anymore.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 9:12pm

Graham

Graham

8,356 posts

The space underneath # of posts seems so empty now..

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 9:39pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

The space underneath # of posts seems so empty now..

I've gotten used to it already...

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 2:53am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,704 posts

Have others noticed a large slump of community activity over the past week or so? I first noticed about 2-3 weeks ago, but it's failed to improve itself. Any remedies, solutions, or a possible cause as to this slump?

I've noticed too..I think it was because we got a random influx of newbies..then most of them just dropped off. So now it is back to the basic people plus a couple of extras

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 9:57pm

daleks

daleks

3,652 posts

Have others noticed a large slump of community activity over the past week or so?

Slumps happen every year. People talk about ways to fix it each time. Just stick around and it will come back up.

Reasons for slump in activity:
*People that liked AP left
*People got of break and are now back at school/work

Reply to One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it? Pt.2

You must be logged in to post a reply!