Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Pokemon X and Y

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 2:12am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

Well, I still don't understand why you did not compare Eggxecute to the ice cream cone Pokemon as they are both foodstuff... (Eggxecute being eggs and Vannilish being an ice cream). Also, Grimer, being the sludgepile and Trubbish being the pollution abomination. And top that, you know what they call Krabby back in Gen 1 in japanese? Crab. Just Crab. (Ku re bu in katakana)

Eggsecute - Eggs..not food related but egg related
Grimer - Pearl/Diamond (oh the irony..haha) explain it best - It was born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon's X-rays. It appears among filth.
Crabby - Again, the idea of it deriving from animals, which pre-exist before humans became civilized

In Generation 5, the later stages of the game actually allows you to catch Pokemon from all generations.

That answers that one

And heard of the Pokemon dream world?

Again, the idea of casual gaming. For Dream World..it requires internet usage. I'd like to be able to catch my pokemon in game..or like the old times just hooking up a cable to a buddy's game

The game suits casual people like you very well,

And to my main topic..the game is starting to detract away from the casual gamers in Pokemon. Maybe a difficult setting? Idk..it's late haha

I have even hardcore friends that trade EV trained and shiny Pokemon for money...

I...I just don't know what to say right now..

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 5:25am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

299 posts

Well, maybe I should drop the ice cream cone and rubbish bag topic. Maybe its up to gamefreak to give the logical reason for the designs.. By the way, I really think that the Japanese can think a better name for their Krabby instead of just Crab...

That answers that one

Hhhmm... True enough. However, I feel it would be better if gen 6 would be like BW2, allowing people to catch old Pokemon early. Sides, the trailer shows quite old Pokemon in battles, such as Kirlia, Psyduck and Magikarp.

And to my main topic..the game is starting to detract away from the casual gamers in Pokemon. Maybe a difficult setting? Idk..it's late haha

Not really... Its more like game freak wanted people to communicate, since the Internet is not really at its full potential during the times of Gen I-III, it is not really easy to hold competitive matches and the consoles had to be wired to one another in other to battle...

Hence, most of our battle mates in the past are usually close people like relatives and friends. But with Wi-fi battling now, people are being urged to play online competitively and trading becomes relatively easy. The difficulty hasn't changed that much... Only the mechanics.

I...I just don't know what to say right now..

Yes, and I stayed away from him....

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 6:07am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

wow sounds interesting. i actually got lucky enough to fight a pokemon with the pokerus and when i noticed that my entire team was already infected XD can i make good money out of pokerus infected pokemon? :3

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 7:49am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

299 posts

wow sounds interesting. i actually got lucky enough to fight a pokemon with the pokerus and when i noticed that my entire team was already infected XD can i make good money out of pokerus infected pokemon? :3

Erm... No. Pokerus is temporary, and what it actually does is it speeds up EV gain. It is better to spread the love instead online instead. Don't be like my money minded friend...

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 10:55pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

- Continuing with the starters, having the three develop psychic/dark/fighting types. 3 starters: fire/dark, water/psychic, grass/fighting. 2 triangles! (at least I think it works like that)

Actually that would be a really cool thing to put in, two type triangles for the starters working in reverse giving more balanced fights against the rival. Though it would be cool, that might have to wait for gen 7 if ever since, just judging by appearances, the new starters don't look like future fire/dark, water/psychic, and grass/fighting to me. Maybe fire/dark, but I doubt it. Still, it would be cool.

About EV training, I never really got into that. I liked just catching the pokemon I wanted and going from there. If something came up I couldn't get passed, I wouldn't think "I should've EV trained.." I thought "Oo, a challenge? Time to grind!!!" I have debated doing it some time then going online, but I never had the time or drive to go through all the effort to perfect the EV pokemon ubers. Not worth it to me. I wouldn't be having fun anymore. Plus, I usually would rather just face my friends anyway, with my mass of transferred legendaries in whatever is the latest game.

Or at least work on the Gen 3 remakes

I would love gen 3 remakes. Unnecessary before, the 3DS could allow for enough change that it would be worth doing. Gen 3 was also my favorite, so I'd love to go through that again, especially seeing the change from the gen 2 remakes. Gen 3 is also my favorite because of the gen 1 remakes being part of it. Hopefully Gen 3 remakes make into Gen 6.

As for what the pokemon are based on. Eh. Doesn't bother me too much, plus I like being able to yell at my game "I'm going to EAT YOU" and not feel bad about it when saying it to Vanillish xD Just gives a little bit of humor to me when I see the ridiculous ones.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 8:03am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

299 posts

About EV training, I never really got into that. I liked just catching the pokemon I wanted and going from there. If something came up I couldn't get passed, I wouldn't think "I should've EV trained.." I thought "Oo, a challenge? Time to grind!!!" I have debated doing it some time then going online, but I never had the time or drive to go through all the effort to perfect the EV pokemon ubers. Not worth it to me. I wouldn't be having fun anymore. Plus, I usually would rather just face my friends anyway, with my mass of transferred legendaries in whatever is the latest game.

Well, good enough, supposing your friends are the kind who are not really into the EV-training and stuff. But however, from where I came from, all of my Pokemon friends are competitive players with high IV and max EV pokemon and as a result, I had to EV-train my Pokemon to be on par with them. From there onwards, our strategies and mind games would be set in motion.

However, most of my friends don't use legendaries because of the fact that they are too overpowered... I once tried to test my strength on a friend that used a team of legendaries and I only had strong overused Pokemon. I managed to kill 5 of his Pokemon before going down...

To me, EV training actually pays off, and it only takes me about 30mins - 1hour to fully EV train 1 pokemon for me...

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:39am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

Erm... No. Pokerus is temporary,

actually if you put a pokemon with it in a box it lasts forever and you can give it to all your pokemon. pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:32pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too

Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but isn't Pokerus the thing that pokemon migrated over to Gen 4+ from earlier games have? If so, that's very, very easy to get. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing, though.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 3:41am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

299 posts

actually if you put a pokemon with it in a box it lasts forever and you can give it to all your pokemon. pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too.

True, but no one would actually buy it... A shiny would worth more. Its better to keep it for yourself and continue to spread the virus to your party. It doubles the EV gain your Pokemon.

So in short, Pokerus isn't as valuable as Shinies because you can spread the virus throughout the team, whereas Shinies are once and only once.

If you have black/white, I would be happy to battle you for the pokerus... haha

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 6:09am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

If you have black/white, I would be happy to battle you for the pokerus... haha

i do but im not a competitive player. stopped playing this game after getting the legendaries (which is what i usually do in every pokemon game). i doubt ill ever touch this game again.

Reply to Pokemon X and Y

You must be logged in to post a reply!