Gamecholic

Gamecholic

17 posts

100.000.000 in one hour ;D

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 4:08pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,097 posts

I beat the "100 Turtle Rush" Quest with nothing but a groundsaw and a laser. The groundsaws are EXTREMELY useful. That's how I got the "Twenty for One" Quest, though, thinking back, I think a buzzsaw might work better.

Eh.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:30pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Okay, cool. I'll have to try that. Proxy and touch mines can be useful too, I think?

Yea I forgot to say that I use those to help with the hit radius, but only the proxies since I stuck to the build I was used to from the original.

Stats: level 515 on all valves, purist build, gets 201k combo's a minute
What it looks like in action:
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa425/Somewhat49/epiccombosomewhatsgrinderinaction.png
When not in action:
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa425/Somewhat49/epiccombosomewhatsgrindernotinaction.png

I think I got to the billions using this build that I posted, but I dont really remember since it was a long time ago.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:35pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Just to add to the above post, I took the picture after I fully built it so that's why the combo isn't that impressive.
Also I arranged the buzz saws in order to maximize the combos per minute that you can get. Also the buzzsaws might look like they form only two openings, the top left and right, when actually the turtles move in between the buzzsaws at the bottom and in between most of the others.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 12:09am

gerardo05

gerardo05

1 post

[b]

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 2:59pm

kirks011

kirks011

181 posts

Quick pro tip #2:
For the "Twenty For One" quest, you can either put a bumper somewhere in the middle as low as possible, or wait for the buzzsaw which is a lot more efficient. Make sure you put the buzzsaw somewhere low, but not too low, and you can put it near the wall for a fast 20+ combo. Some luck is needed to get the right hit, but won't take too long.

Actually, i found that did not really work for me. What i did was hit, end combo right away, and continue doing this until you have enough for machine gun. Put that down in the middle, bam, your guarenteed over 50. Only took 2 min doing my quick stop idea to get the money as well.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 3:04pm

kirks011

kirks011

181 posts

srry guys, one more thing

@NOFMAF

help me with  100 Turtle Rush please

It is not hard. The trick is hit,then buy whatever you can, (with the exception of wind pads, i dont find they work well). If you keep stacking up on items as fast as possible, you'll finish easily, i did it in 1:20, so theres proof what im saying does work.

Another way to do it though is to place a groundsaw near the side, about a five turtle distance away from the wall, with some luck, a turtle will get stuck in between and keep bouncing between the saw and wall, easy 100! I have also done this startegy before, and it does work, so don't be afraid to try it, just takes a bit of luck.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 8:04pm

Ninjafisher1985

Ninjafisher1985

2 posts

Um... I got it to where one turtle was bouncing between a wall and a ground saw, and it looks like it will continue indefinitely... why is 100,000,000 impossible in regular mode?

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 8:06pm

Ninjafisher1985

Ninjafisher1985

2 posts

Oh wait, I see

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 2:21pm

AngelOfAngels

AngelOfAngels

2 posts

can someone show me how to do the 100 turtle rush? maybe a linkk to a video or something

Reply to Epic Combo Redux Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!