ForumsThe Tavernmartail art expert

11 3445
mr_105
mr_105
14 posts
Nomad

[b]to be the best of martail art you need to keep practicing, martail art is a good thing it help you when your in trouble except for (detention)it help you when you get bullyed. to master the art of karate you should go to one.

• 11 Replies
soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

my friend is a black belt hi ya LOL

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

why don't you show me one of your moves on your computer moniter

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Seeing as people are actually posting in here now...I encourage people to submit videos of their martial art moves.

You'll have to wait for me to break out my old ninja costume first, though.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Strop ... You're not a ninja are you? You're just a Doctor in Training...

If you're a ninja then spammers betta watch out for STROP the SPAM BUTT KICKING NINJA DOCTOR MODERATOR!!

I cant do Karate...I just fall over (i'm very Unco!)

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I'm not kidding, I can jump, spin twice, and kick you in the head while in midair...run up walls...flip...

I will post proof sometime. BUT NOT WHILE I CAN BE IDENTIFIED D:

Seriously, where the hell did I put my make-shift ninja mask...

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

...well, now...you DO know you spelled martial wrong, right?

Anyways, [url=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Martial+Arts&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=2#]

I hope this works...I myself have taken about a year of Tai Quan Do...at least, I think that's how you spell it...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, SJM, that's taekwondo.

I know of Team Ryouko- this is an old video...good stuff, though. They are significantly better than I am, but I can do *some* of the stuff in that video. I don't have access to plyo though, so I am jealous

I rarely take formal training but my own style tends to center around things like TKD and muay thai because I like to kick high and kick fast. However because I trick and breakdance, I also look into wushu and Capoeira.

In a loose manner of speaking I guess you could say I have about eight years of experience as I started teaching myself that long ago. Though being busy, I've been very unfocused...and I've been more of a free-runner too.

KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Well I do Judo and I am a white belt but we didn't grade for any higher belts yet so I am grading for the White/Yellow belt on the 27th of July!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Ah, good times...the only judo practice I ever had was against my brother, who was, for some years, a good 20kg heavier than I was.

Which is why when one of my friends, who was experienced in judo, put me in a headlock pinned to the floor, confidently proclaimed that I couldn't move, and was subsequently shocked when I lifted him off the ground...with my face.

My brother and I used to play really rough. It would usually end with some piece of furniture/wall getting broken...as we got larger, we threw each other with more force. Eventually we stopped after he flung me across the room and I left a nose-sized hole in the plaster. In my parents' bedroom. Because I kept training physically and he didn't, if we faced each other off, I can pretty much shove him around/beat him up with impunity, so we just...don't xD

KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Well was the holdown called "kessai gatami"?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Good guessing- it was very close to that.

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/osaekomi/hon_kesa_gatame.gif

Ganked from Wikipedia.

I actually have multiple ways of reversing this hold given that much of grappling ends this way. One is to turn my head and arch my back, which requires a lot of neck and back strength. The other is a Brazilian ju-jitsu technique (the name of which I've forgotten): from the image above, the guy in blue hooks his foot under the chin of his opponent and flicks him off, rolling on top of him, straddling and pinning, then suppressing. Yes, it takes a lot of flexibility: I can hook my leg behind my head.

This *usually* results in a tap, but even in this situation, I can get out- if the person straddling me is set too high, I can hook my feet around their head and flip them back, rolling forward to lie on top of them into a position that is even harder to reverse because now I'm firmly planted between their thighs.

Showing 1-11 of 11