ForumsForum GamesRiddles

525 41874
thaboss
thaboss
1,654 posts

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 525 Replies
BlazingZelda
BlazingZelda
888 posts

Each floor isn't very thick. you said nothing about space between the floors so i'm guessing a floor is just a floor without anything else. so its a small drop. am i right?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,781 posts

There was possibly a balcony on the 33rd/34th floor that stopped him.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,874 posts

It's simpler than that. Even simpler than the balcony because there was nothing to "stop his fall." It's a basic play on words. The solution is going to be painfully basic.

I'm guessing his job title was significant. Two good guesses are that he was an architect (working on a drawing of the 34th floor, so he could be on ground level) or a firefighter in a collapsed building (the 34th floor is on ground level).

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts

did he jump onto a nieghboring building?

BlazingZelda
BlazingZelda
888 posts

Remember nothing to stop him except the ground so he can jump into another building or a balcony. I really just think that he was really close to the ground some how.

BlazingZelda
BlazingZelda
888 posts

EDIT: Remember nothing to stop him except the ground so he can't jump into another building or a balcony. I really just think that he was really close to the ground some how.

AG really needs edit button...

thaboss
thaboss
1,654 posts

He was not close to the ground. Your reasoning of his job title being important is correct.

thaboss
thaboss
1,654 posts

Sorry for the DP.. There were no balconies, he didn't jump to a different building, and it's a full sized office building with floors with space between them. Again, the job title is important.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,874 posts

Aha! I have it.

The genius of these riddles is the wording. It is written in a way that very obvious loopholes can be formed to explain the solution. In this case, "Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building." It doesn't say he's actually in the room!

Bob was a window-washer. He jumped off a suspended platform, from the OUTSIDE of the 34th floor, onto the carpet of the office.

BlazingZelda
BlazingZelda
888 posts

Brilliant!

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,874 posts

I have one for you, then.

A man is found dead by the side of the road. He has a bullet in his head and is surrounded by 53 blood-stained eagles. He wasn't a poacher and had never touched a gun in his life. What did he do?

BlazingZelda
BlazingZelda
888 posts

He made an eagle call and then witnessed (and was a victim of) an animal mass shooting. Such cruelty...

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,874 posts

He made an eagle call and then witnessed (and was a victim of) an animal mass shooting. Such cruelty...

Not even close. No way would that many eagles fly together, or even live together.
thaboss
thaboss
1,654 posts

MattEmAngel is correct.

Are the eagles all dead?

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,874 posts

Are the eagles all dead?

The eagles haven't been damaged at all. They are splattered with the dead man's blood.
Showing 1-15 of 525