Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:11am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,320 posts

vungi nailed it. I'll have another one up in a minute, unless he can post one (since he answered it).

vungi

vungi

258 posts

i got litlle easy riddle

It can flow,freeze and melt waht is it?

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

Vungi is correct. And a good tip for riddles. NEVER take something literally. Unless it's one of those riddles where you have to take it literally. Then you can.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:13am

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

Water? That seems a little bit too obvious though...

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:14am

vungi

vungi

258 posts

yeah you're right

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:16am

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

If they've never been in the room they switch the light bulb.
If they've been in the room before then they don't touch the switch.

so... it goes for a long time of switching and no switching until finally when one of the prisoners has been taken to the room say... 100 times where it has been in the same position. then it's a pretty good guess for him to say that everyone has gone. and the higher the number the higher chance that the're right. so even though it would take longer say 500.

Here is an example with ten people and random.org (...= nothing and ...(number)=nothing but they add 1 to their count)
P7 turn on
P9 turn off
P5 turn on
P8 turn off
P6 turn on
P1 turn off
P2 turn on
P6 ...1
P1 ...
P1 ...
P2 ...1
P1 ...
P6 ...2
P8 ...
P1 ...
P1 ...
P7 ...1

...And so on until somebody gets to the number they agreed on would be accurate enough.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:19am

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

Close, but they can't have a "pretty good guess." has to be 100% certain. That's where the counter comes in. The one special person.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:19am

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

sorry... It took me so long to think that up that I've had this page open for 30+ minutes and didn't realize it was already answered...

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:26am

Osumnis

Osumnis

1,146 posts

Here's a riddle.

You are an employer. You have to pay your employee 1/7 of a gold brick each day. The employee must be payed at the end of each day. What is the minimum amount of cuts you can make into a full gold brick to satisfy these conditions? (Please explain your answer)

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:27am

vungi

vungi

258 posts

I got hard one :)

two brothers watch eachohter eyes, never get together

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!