ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 77933
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

center of gravity

capital situation in Vienna

foremost in every victory

allowed by all to be invaluable.

What the heck am I doing..this is going to take a while...

The letter V. The hints are in the sentences (or words..like invisible) themselves

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Oh so it is the letter "i". That makes sense.

My turn.

In the Land of Leo, a butler had been hired by a very rich man. After working for around 23 years, his master was sick and a doctor announced he was going to die. Before his death, the master called his butler and asked him to choose one wish. It could be anything you want except money, but just one. The master gave him a week to decide. The butler immediately became very happy and went to his mother to talk. His mother was blind and she asked her son for to make a wish for her eye-sight to come back agin. Then the butler went to his wife. She became very happy and asked for a son as they never had a child. Soon after, the servant went to his father who wanted to be rich and so he asked his son to wish for a lot of money. The butler couldn't break the news to his father that he couldn't get any money. The day after he went to his master and decided on just one wish through which all the three (mother, father, wife) got what they needed.

What did he ask?

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

well i need hints for that one

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

He asked to inherit the company? That way he would get millions of money, he would pay for his mothers eyes and he would pay for his wife to get pregnant. Everyone would be happy.

Is that the answer?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Hint: There is a sequence of words that incorporate all of the wishes into one. So you can make one wish but it incorporates all of them into the sentence. Start with the eye one. What does she want to do? (Verb) How can you put that into the sentence easily?

I would give an example but that would be too obvious.

Hint: In what way can you give money with an object that is widely accepted as worth a lot?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

He wishes for a rich (dad) sea (haha, close enough for mom) bear (wife bears a child). Duh. Rich seabears all the way!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Example:

I want my mom to walk (She is paralyzed) and my dad to have a street named after him. (Leo)

I wish for my mom to walk down Leo Street.

Now try it with this.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

The Butler must wish to become a very good doctor!

There are doctors that help with eyesight, doctors that help with childbirth, and doctors that are very rich!

BOOM.

I know it's totally wrong, but I don't care!

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I want my mom to see our child playing with tons of money?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

He wishes for his mom to see his dad pay for his son's college.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Hint: In what way can you give money with an object that is widely accepted as worth a lot?

Include that in there and you got it. Words like rich mean money, try objects.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

It is universally accepted everywhere for trade.

He wishes for his mother to see her grandson with a ______ made of _____

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

He wishes for his mother to see her grandson with a heart made of gold. :P

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

House of gold was close enough anyway.

But if you want to change your answer...

I just wanted you guys to say gold and it would have been right. If you have a riddle go ahead.

Also, for the sake of the thread edit the riddle a bit so no one can copy paste it. That's why mine was harder to work out...

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

You've wound up in a building and the power's out. I wonder how you ended up here? You see a viridian door and a cinnabar door. Pick one. If you go through the viridian door you see a violet door and a saffron door. If you go through the cinnabar door, you see a fuchsia door and a cerulean door. Pick one. If you went through the violet or cerulean door, you see a door with a brass handle and a door with a copper handle. If you go through the saffron door, you see a door with a copper handle and a door with a bronze handle. If you take the fuchsia door, you see a door with a brass handle and a door with a bronze handle. Going through the bronze handled door leads to another door saying "Death by drowning. The copper handled door leads to another door that says "Death by electric chair." The brass handled door leads to another that says "Death by shooting. In each final room there is a sign on the wall that says "Or stay in the building and starve to death." What do you choose and still live?

Showing 136-150 of 368