ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78260
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Heard this one before but it is still possibly my favorite riddle.

Electric chair because there is no power.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Very good. I changed it from the original by adding pokemon colors instead of normal ones. Then made that convoluted maze to the end, hoping to distract you :P

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I would love to get involved in this. Hopefully there isn't any specific rules :P

A man was going to bleach his socks because they had gotten muddy the day before. As he was pouring the bleach into the washing machine, he spilled some on the floor. He got some cleaning fluid and mopped it up with a rag. Minutes later he was dead. What killed him?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Well, I dunno if this is what you were going for, but if the man tried to clean the bleach with ammonia, the toxic vapors formed would kill him pretty fast. Is that what you were going for?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yeah, the solution would have killed him.

If you throw me from the window,
I will leave a grieving wife.
Bring me back, but in the door, and
You'll see someone giving life!

What am I?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

This one isn't exactly easy, so I wonder how long it will take to solve, unless you've heard it already. xD

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I really have no idea why, but a baby is what's coming to mind.

That is a toughie.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I really have no idea why, but a baby is what's coming to mind.

I thought that too the first time I heard it, but no. xD Read it carefully.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Aha! I've seen more like this before! I actually think I gave one of these earlier, but this one in my opinion was harder to see.

It's the letter n!

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yup.

This one is a a tough one. Good luck. Use your head. xD

What is the next number in this series?
6, 14, 36, 98, 276, ?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Um, well my first attempt didn't work, but after I tried something else, I got 814.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh do you want my reasoning even if it's not right?

I saw that the ones digit was going in a pattern of 6,4,6,8,6... so the next ones was to be a 4

Then, I noticed after the initial tens digit of 0, the tens were being multiplied by 3

1,3,9,27.. so 27 times 3 is 81, and 81 tens is 810, plus the 4 in the ones, making 814.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Nope that's not it. :P

It's a bit more simple than that.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh yep, it's 794. I just figured it out.

the order of the number is the power each 1, 2 and 3 are taken to and are then added together, so for first term 1(1)+1(2)+1(3)= 6

second term (1*1)+(2*2)+(3*3)=14

Down to the sixth term being the new one (1^6)+(2^6)+(3^6)=794

Still, my overthought answer was only 20 off, that has to be impressive, right? :P

Showing 151-165 of 368