ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78142
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

The guard is just evil.. There is not tag.. His name is... lets say... Joe.

Hint: He can take only 1 paper.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

take a paper hold it up to the light backwards and read aloud

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

oop diddnt read clearly

now maybe grab paper fold so it say "eat" then show to the guard and get last meal...

lol j/k

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I've got it.

He can't choose a paper and show it to the guard because it will say "DEATH," so he destroys it. He chooses a paper, then rips it up or eats it or something. The guard will be force to look at the other paper, which says "DEATH," meaning (as far as the rules go) he must have chosen the "LIFE" paper.

I guess that's the right thing. I've heard an old fairy tale with the same thing.

1.He chooses a paper
2.Loses it
3. Says: "Oh sorry, I am clumsy".
4. "But it doesn't matter. Since you have the other paper, The one I have picked must read the opposite".
5."Oh, since your paper says DEATH, then I must have picked LIFE".

Its the same thing MattemAngel I just tried to make it clear.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Well actually he eats it and makes them show the other paper. The other one of course is Death, so he is free.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Okk Another one :

Imagine that you are in the middle of burning forest. The fire is everywhere around you and you can't stop it no matter what you use, even water. As the fire gets closer to you, what will you do to survive?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

burn a ring around yourself then put it out as the fire approaches it cant burn what is already burned

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

The burning forest and fire refer to the sunlight pouring in from the setting sun, causing a lower angle to throw more light in. To survive, you simply go about your business like normal, for the "fire" that is the sunlight in the "burning" forest shall not harm you. ;D

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

You can wear only the clothes on you. The fire can't be stopped. You can't burn a ring around you. If you think it is possible, go and burn a ring around you in some old forest. If the fire does not spread faster, then good luck.

Also you are going to start the fire with what? If you go near the fire it will kill you... Sorry, the answer is something else. Read what i said.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well you obviously call in your magical rainbow unicorn to save you. Duh.

But in all seriousness I am also stumped, I thought over this riddle a few times before I gave up xD.

Oh wait. You're imagining it, so just imagine that there is no fire.

Maybe ? Lol. It does say ''Imagine''.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Stop imagining...? I like that one

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Back burning

Back burning is a way of reducing the amount of flammable material during a bushfire by starting small fires along a man made or natural firebreak in front of a main fire front. It is called back burning because the small fires are designed to 'burn back towards the main fire front'. The basic reason for back burning is so that there is little material that can burn when the main fire reaches the burnt area. The firebreaks that may be used to start a line of fires along could be a river, road or a bulldozed clearing etc.

controlled burn

it does work

as for the riddle ummmm..... dig a tunnel naruto style under the flames and escape O.O
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Dig a hole in the ground. bury yourself and then wait for the fire to stop.

Ah..I remember this one now..heard it before. This is the correct answer
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Actually the fire is too fast for you to bury in the ground, but anyway pangtongshu was right. Just stop imagining >.>

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Actually the fire is too fast for you to bury in the ground, but anyway pangtongshu was right. Just stop imagining >.>

Mine was basically the same thing but instead just imagine the fire disappear.. xD
Showing 181-195 of 368