ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 77942
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Can you elaborate?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Books daughter 2 owns:

Leo is teh cool dude: Books 1-8
Why is Leo so awesome??

Books given:

Leo is teh cool dude: Books 1-8

The second daughter already had that series and therefore did not "add to her collection"

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Vague. Is the "she" a human?

She most probbably is not human.

Way too vague. Are the "he" and "she" actual, physical humans?

Yes, Maybe they are.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Yes.

To elaborate more..it is a grandmother, her daughter, and the daughter of her (so daughter, mother, grandmother)

The mother had 8 books and gave them to her daughter, while her grandmother gave her 25 books

Next one:

A man was telling me on a particular occasion "The day before yesterday I was 35 years old and next year I will turn 38." How can this be?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

xerox...your 2nd one..she is silence..isn't she?
When he spoke..he "killed" the silence

Something similar for the first one as well...

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Now that thaboss thinks about it, it's probably silence. For both maybe even. Just a different way of phrasing it. And. Can everyone PLEASE try to keep it to one riddle at a time? It gets confusing and complicated when there's multiple.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Go back to the Wild West for this one:

Matt rode into town on Friday. He stayed two days at an Inn, robbed a bank the next day and escaped two days later on Friday. How is this possible?

His horse is named friday.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

The answer to the second one is not silense :/ Silense can't be killed, and can't die.

1: The train just passed, without hitting anyone or anything, but she died because of it. Why?
2: He spoke and she died. Why?

In 1 she may be or not be human.
In 2 They were together when she died.
KingofEpicFruit
KingofEpicFruit
30 posts
Nomad

A man is lost, and finds a cabin, inside he finds a stove, lantern, and a fireplace, what does he light first?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

The lighter or the match? .-.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1) Matt you were correct

2) KingofEpicFruit..you kinda messed that up. You forgot to mention the match/lighter in the list

3) Let's all try to figure xerox's out before moving on..I have a bunch so mine will come random and I'm sure others have more as well. So having one at a time could be aggravating if there is a really difficult time (like xerox's) and we all have to sit and wait for it to be over. But for now, however, we are half way through xerox's..and he does have 2. So let's try to get 'em before moving on

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

umm waht riddle we are trying to solve?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

His horse is named friday.

Well that's the boring correct answer, but since I know the riddle's already been solved, I'll throw in a different one just because :P

He actually was hiding out for two days, as the law was catching up to him. They saw him coming in this direction and were hot on his trail. Seeing him go through this town, they logically assumed he'd stay in the inn to hide out, so they checked, finding nothing. After two days, the law enforcement left to keep searching, while Matt stayed at the inn starting on monday and tuesday, robbed the bank on wednesday, and left on friday.

I know the horse is named Friday, but that's boring :P

As for xerox...

if it's not silence, I have no idea
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

This riddle is confusing if it's not silence. If the she is not human or silence, what else is there?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

xerox, did the man say something specific, or is it just that he spoke?

He just spoke. One word maybe, many words. Something . Or maybe he just oppened his mouth?

This riddle is confusing if it's not silence. If the she is not human or silence, what else is there?

You are mixing the 2 riddles.

Hind: In the first one there are no other persons. Only "she". "She" died because the train passed, but he did not do anything else, than just to pass.
Showing 241-255 of 368