ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78168
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

This riddle is ridiculous. For those who still want to figure it out. Post on his profile. But this thread is moving on.

"Four men sat down to play. They played all night till the break of day. They played for gold and not for fun, with separate scores for everyone. When they came to square accounts they all made quite fair amounts. Can you this paradox explain? If no one lost, how could all gain?"

Please do not asnwer xerox's riddle in this thread anymore! It needs new stuff!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Some sort of shadow? A tree?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

So thaboss and MattEmAngel

You give up

I was expecting that, Only someone who likes to lose would do that After all, those riddles are made to be hard, if i wanted something easy i would make an riddle like yours.

Btw, what if your life depended on you solving them? What if you are locked in a room and you have 30 minutes left and someone asks those riddles? It would be grat to know that answer then.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

An Airplane? Then is back on the ground.. Or maybe you meen something else by feet? But i dont know what has 100

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

So, what was the answer anyway Xerox?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So thaboss and MattEmAngel

You give up

I was expecting that, Only someone who likes to lose would do that After all, those riddles are made to be hard, if i wanted something easy i would make an riddle like yours.

Btw, what if your life depended on you solving them? What if you are locked in a room and you have 30 minutes left and someone asks those riddles? It would be grat to know that answer then.

Kinda. However, the riddle was taking up too much time and space in the thread. It needed new material. And it's not that the riddles were hard, just extremely vague.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

MattEmAngel, is yours a cloud, a astronaut, a daydreamer?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I think 100 feet is the clue here. I think it literally means "feet".

*google searches "Animal's with 100 feet"*

A centipede.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Ok i will say the answers
1 - "she" was a sheep(or some domestic animal) that was tied to the level crossing. When the train passed the barrier moved up and hanged the animal.

2- Well, if he opened his mouth and she died, its obvious that he is holding her in his mouth....

Answer was that he was holding her and wheh he oppened his mouth she falled and died. ( Because they are in circus and performing dangerous trick far from the grownd)

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Well, if he opened his mouth and she died, its obvious that he is holding her in his mouth....

That is just the... How did you even... Where did you...

Fine...

Oh Leo I'm pretty sure you're right on the centipede thing. I've heard this one before.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Well, if he opened his mouth and she died, its obvious that he is holding her in his mouth....

Wait, so what did she die from? Did she fall out of his mouth? Did she fall into his mouth?

You realise that if his head was straight (Like normal) nothing falls out.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Because they are in circus and performing dangerous trick far from the grownd

New Riddle :

A couple were driving a car. After some time the car stopped - out of gas. The man told his wife : " Lock the car and dont go out, or let any strangers in". Then he left her alone. 30 minutes later he come back and what to see... The car was still locked, but his wife was dead, and there was a stranger inside. What happened?
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Here is anotehr one.

Which letter is next in this : O T T F F S S E N ...?

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Kinda. However, the riddle was taking up too much time and space in the thread. It needed new material. And it's not that the riddles were hard, just extremely vague.

Well...I gave up. It was vague but still (kind of) possible.

A couple were driving a car. After some time the car stopped - out of gas. The man told his wife : " Lock the car and dont go out, or let any strangers in". Then he left her alone. 30 minutes later he come back and what to see... The car was still locked, but his wife was dead, and there was a stranger inside. What happened?

Someone broke in through the window?
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Argh... those ninjas be crazy.

I have to go now so maybe someone else will post soon. I have a pretty good one but it'll take me a while to edit it so I guess we'll see.

Showing 271-285 of 368