ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 77972
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Never heard of this one :/

Out of the eater came forth meat.. I supposed someone who eats has been eaten... and out of the strong came forth sweetness..

A strong man was eating honey in the desert but he died, and the vultures eated his meat. Then bees came atracted from the honey inside him, and made a hive in there? I suppose this is the answer.

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness

maybe it's ment like character. like: eater is bad and strong men is good something like taht maybe
vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness

you kill cow and get meat, you take bees honey and get sweetness
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1 - "she" was a sheep(or some domestic animal) that was tied to the level crossing. When the train passed the barrier moved up and hanged the animal.

What is this I don't even

I'm goin to guess you made this one yourself..?
vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

i know the answer but i don't tell it yet

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

it's beehive in lions meat

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

nahh i don't any good riddles

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

nahh i don't know any good riddles

sry about that mistake
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

1: On the 20th of July, 1929, an accountant bought a newspaper and saw yesterday's report which puzzled him : A Legendary Pilot, Hero from The First World War, dies in a car crash under mysterious curcumstances. Which word from this headline was not written as not from that time?

2: You are in front of a gate of a closed city. You can enter, only if you know the password.

In front of the gates is a child. The guard says 5. The child thinks and says 4. The guard opens the gates and the child enters.

In front of the gates is a woman. The guard says 8.The woman thinks and says 5. The guard opens the gates and the woman enters.

In front of the gates is a man. The guard says 6. The man thinks and says 3. The guard opens the gates and the man enters.

Now it's your turn. The guard says 7. What is your answer? And why.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Alright, if famous riddles are to be posted... This is apparently the hardest logic puzzle in the world. Sorry for it being a logic puzzle, but thaboss likes them more than riddles. Just bear with him.

"Three gods A, B, and C are called, in some order, 'True',
'False', and 'Random'. True always speaks truly, False always speaks
falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random
matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking
three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The
gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for 'yes' and 'no' are 'da' and 'ja', in some order.
You do not know which word means which."

So, what do you ask?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Ok last from me for tonight

1: A man had a boat.On it, there was 50Ibc meat, 35Ibc Fish, 20Ibc vegetables, 15Ibc fruits, Rusk, Stove, Fishing equipment. He was prepearing to travel for a month. Right before he go, his son appeared and said : No, dont go, you will die for sure. Why he said that, when the weather was just fine.

2:
8809 = 6
7111 = 0
2172 = 0
6666 = 4
1111 = 0
3123 = 0
7662 = 2
9312 = 1
8096 = 5
8193 = 3
2581 = ?

3: It happened so fast.. My father died during the attack 4 days ago and since that day, i have been sad for the entire week. since the start...
My Brothers John and Joe said they are going fishing, while Boris was resting in his room... The cook was cooking the dinner, the gardener was picking up vegetables from the garden, the maid was getting the mail, the main guard was complaining about his salary...

WHO IS THE KILLER!!!!!?

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

#3 the answer is the father died in a heart attack.

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I'm a girl, and the answer to the first one (i think) is the boat was too heavy to float. The second I can't remember, but I have seen it before.

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I go by many names, Greener, Moony, JC, Mags. Any of those work. As for the first riddle I have no ****ing clue, I'm not a riddles person, but I swear to Glob I've seen the second.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

It happened so fast.. My father died during the attack 4 days ago and since that day, i have been sad for the entire week. since the start...
My Brothers John and Joe said they are going fishing, while Boris was resting in his room... The cook was cooking the dinner, the gardener was picking up vegetables from the garden, the maid was getting the mail, the main guard was complaining about his salary...

You left the part out of it being sunday. That's pretty much the key element here.

The Captain's Dilemma (Easy)

On a ship a captain is in charge of transporting 100 million dollars worth of diamond to a nearby port. The owners of the diamonds were scared that the real diamonds were going to be stolen and convinced the captain to bring a second batch of plastic diamonds (Expertly made) on the ship. The owner decided to make a big show of giving away the diamonds on a further away port and then send the real ones to the nearby port. The owner was very arrogant and while on the ship he challenged every single person he met to guess which diamond was real and which one was not. Unfortunately it just so happened that a legitimate diamond investigator was on the ship. When the owner asked the person to guess he replied back with a small nod of the head (As to not show to much enthusiasm). When the owner and the man went to the chests they opened them up and took one out of each. The man just took his special glass out to take a look at the diamonds when a huge wave came past and sent all the chests (And the diamonds within) sprawled on the floor. Suddenly the owner grew very angry and he asked for the captain to sort out this mess or he was sure to get fired. The owner was a very rich man and was capable of this. As the captain was going crazy on how to distribute his men a young boy gave him an idea.

Only 30 minutes later the diamonds were sorted out and placed in appropriate chests. What did the boy say?
Showing 286-300 of 368