Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 4:29pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Oh, sorry about that.  :(

I was kind of a bit angry about something then. Don't take it personally at all. However some of my points (Not all of them :/)I still want to see your opinion on.

If there was an edit button I'd use it. :(

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 4:34pm

MagicTree

MagicTree

360 posts

Xerox's one could be;
a) She was interest
b) She was a question; he answered her, she died.
c) She was commotion
d) She was war
e) She was pain
f) She was happiness

Any of these?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 4:46pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,045 posts

Well usually in riddles they use the wrong word as to confuse the person answering (Just as matt did with the eagles question)

I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult, but I appreciate the recognition!

The key to a successful riddle is 1. Simplicity and 2. Omission. The "He spoke, she died. Why?" riddle is good with simplicity but not with omission. There is nothing to go on besides two beings and a single action each committed. They could literally be anything and could have done anything. "Spoke" could be a reference to a handwritten letter. "Died" could be a reference to losing a game. "He" could be Life and "She" could be a boat. Even with the hints ("Yes, Maybe they are"), we still have almost nothing to use.

My guess:
He was Death.
He was her boyfriend and she was cheating. He spoke her name and she died of shame.
He was supposed to be dead. When he spoke, she died of fright because she didn't know he was alive.
They were climbing a mountain. He spoke, causing a rockslide and killing them both.
They were soldiers hiding from the enemy. He spoke, giving away their position and she was killed.
They were prisoners. If one of them spoke, the other died. He spoke and the captors killed her.
She was doing something dangerous. When he spoke, she panicked and died as a result.
She was going to kill both of them out of revenge or some other reason, and he said "do it."

My question: Are all the elements (he, she, spoke, died) actual, physical being and actions, or are they metaphors?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:20pm

xerox

xerox

312 posts

Flag

Xerox's one could be;
a) She was interest
b) She was a question; he answered her, she died.
c) She was commotion
d) She was war
e) She was pain
f) She was happiness

No. They are both alive...

Stop making stuff up ... This is real, Imagine this in real life. "she" and "he" They exist. They are alive. Everyone is overthinking it.

My question: Are all the elements (he, she, spoke, died) actual, physical being and actions, or are they metaphors?

There are no Metaphors here.

He was Death.
He was her boyfriend and she was cheating. He spoke her name and she died of shame.
He was supposed to be dead. When he spoke, she died of fright because she didn't know he was alive.
They were climbing a mountain. He spoke, causing a rockslide and killing them both.
They were soldiers hiding from the enemy. He spoke, giving away their position and she was killed.
They were prisoners. If one of them spoke, the other died. He spoke and the captors killed her.
She was doing something dangerous. When he spoke, she panicked and died as a result.
She was going to kill both of them out of revenge or some other reason, and he said "do it."

To answer some of those : He said something random. The moment he oppened his mouth she was going to die, no matter what he said. Even if he said nothing.

Ok here is another hint since everyone are looking for a meaning where there is none. He opened his mouth. That is!

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:23pm

xerox

xerox

312 posts

Here are the riddles again.
1: The train just passed, without hitting anyone or anything, but she died because of it. Why?
2: He spoke and she died. Why?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:24pm

xerox

xerox

312 posts

Those are level "Insane"  Hardest they can get :3

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:32pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

He opened his mouth and she died.

Just for clarity, is that what the hint added? :)

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:35pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

Is he human: Yes/No

Is she human: Yes/No

I think that will clear up most of Iagree's reasons.

Would this sentence work? (Adding onto Iagree's)

Tom opened his mouth and Jessica died. What caused Jessica to die?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:37pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

Don't you think It's a little to vague? there are so many situations it could be.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:43pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

You're banned for posting in the wrong thread.

BAD SAL, BAD!

Way to go Leo, just describe my paragraph of rage into under 20 words. -_-

Don't you think It's a little to vague?

He's given us a couple of hints so far that could clear it up. Just look back in the thread.

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!