Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 8:06am

Doombreed

Doombreed

362 posts

Sorry Mattem, didn't see your answer to Xerox's Riddles.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 9:38am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

it's easy they threw water on the floor and plastic floats on water and diamond sinks not easy

I'm going to take it a step further and say he asked for a bucket of water. They threw all the diamonds in at once, instantly seperating them. The plastic ones would be floating on top and the diamonds would be on the bottom (as vungi said). Then they scooped all the plastic ones off the top, put them in a chest, drained the water and dumped the rest of them into the other chest.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 3:07pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

Correct Vungi (and Matt's explanation)

It's not too hard when you think about it.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:00pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

Ok whaterver, i am giving again, too hard riddles for you.

1 : Water ( No, he does not need matches, he has a stove...)
2: It is a riddle! Answer is 2
3:Maid. I didnt want to say sunday so i made it with other words, but no one here thinks at all.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:32pm

thaboss

thaboss

882 posts

People, people, PEOPLE!!!

ONE RIDDLE AT A TIME. STOP POSTING MULTIPLE RIDDLES ON THE SIDE. EVERYTHINGS GETTING MUDDLED.

@matt: For your answer to thaboss's riddle, he doesn't even understand the answer himself. It's somewhere in this pdf.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:33pm

thaboss

thaboss

882 posts

Wait, thaboss misread matt's post. Yes. Your assumptions are correct.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

Ok whaterver, i am giving again, too hard riddles for you.

There's a difference between "hard because its complex" and "hard because there are too many other solutions."

1 : Water ( No, he does not need matches, he has a stove...)
2: It is a riddle! Answer is 2
3:Maid. I didnt want to say sunday so i made it with other words, but no one here thinks at all.

1. Water? Seriously? He was in a boat, and he was going fishing. He had plenty of access to freshwater. You can sterilize fresh water by boiling it, then letting it cool, by the way. And just because he has a stove doesn't mean he has matches.
2. It's NOT a riddle, it's a number analysis puzzle. Riddles involve cleverness and words.
3. You expected us to deduce that it was Sunday from the other people? "He went fishing" "He was sleeping" means Sunday? That could just. easily be Saturday. The post office is open on Saturday. You should have said "He was at church" or something.

"no one here thinks at all?" EXCUSE ME?? Almost everyone on here has posted a good guess to riddles, and 45 pages of them have been solved, except for yours because they were vague and unspecific. Do NOT tell me people don't think because we can't solve YOUR riddles.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

@matt: For your answer to thaboss's riddle, he doesn't even understand the answer himself. It's somewhere in this pdf.

Okay, I gave that a look (didn't read the solution!) and I have a suggestion for a rule: You can't post a riddle if you can't solve it on your own, especially if you can't understand the solution.

thaboss, you have a habit of posting logic puzzles instead of riddles, but I let it go because they are written in riddle form. I think you need to draw a line here, though. Riddles are, as a general rule, solved in one or only a few sentences. From here on out, lets stick with normal riddles or shorter logic puzzles (but only if they're in story format).

Rule: You can't post a riddle if you don't know, or understand, the solution. All in favor?

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:55pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

@xerox Okay, I went back and read every page of this Thread (yes, every single page), and I apologize for the yelling. You've posted more riddles than anyone and, for the most part, they've been good. I just get frustrated when 1. the riddles don't have enough detail or 2. they're not actually riddles.

So. I formally admit I was wrong to get so upset, and I apologize.

But don't insult my intelligence. We solved all but the last few of your riddles, you know.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 11:51pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

Alright, alright let's stop.

First of all on the sunday thing. You are completely wrong Xerox. You have to say it is sunday. It's the whole point of the riddle. There's a difference between making it harder and removing vital clues.

*Just a note, I always pick up the mail on sunday because I forget. I really hope there isn't a murder at my house  on sunday. :/

On the water thing. Xerox is right. I didn't try to solve it because I was short on time but it was solvable. However there is a separate answer so I wouldn't call it an amazing riddle but still solvable.

On the number riddle thing I didn't even bother. Logic is interesting but I prefer riddles with a story. I won't say it isn't a riddle but I refuse to try.

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!