Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Feb 27, '13 at 1:55am

Reton8

Reton8

2,810 posts

An actor.

But how does that fit when I sleep all hear me? and these lines The strongest steel cannot break my visage
But the softest whisper can destroy me
The quietest whimper can be heard.

I must be missing something.

Posted Feb 27, '13 at 2:14am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

I talk, but I do not speak my mind
He is reading a script..so not his own thoughts

I hear words, but I do not listen to thoughts
Double meaning possibly. For one..goes with first line..with how it is a script. 2nd..the idea that thoughts in plays are often spoken aloud for the audience

When I wake, all see me
Being on stage

When I sleep, all hear me
Hearing his thoughts/dreams (or, a more simple answer, his snoring..exaggerating it so audience can hear)

Many heads are on my shoulders
Many faced - different characters he portrays

Many hands are at my feet
Stage hands? This one I'm not as sure about

The strongest steel cannot break my visage
Staying in character (visage=facial expressions. So it is stating that nothing could prevent him from breaking his facial expressions)

But the softest whisper can destroy me
2 possible meanings
1) The whisper is him breaking character or forgetting lines (this one is what I think it means)
2) Whispers, in plays, are usually used when someone is plotting something

The quietest whimper can be heard.
Another 2 meaning
1) Breaking character again
2) In plays, quiet things are made loud so the audience can hear it (this is what I believe it means)

Posted Feb 27, '13 at 7:07am

Reton8

Reton8

2,810 posts

Nice! I was really stumped, you picked a good riddle, because it actually took me a few tries on Google before even getting a solid answer and even then I wasn't sure. Also, thanks for the answers, It makes sense to me now and I couldn't find anything explaining it.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 12:48am

BitRifle

BitRifle

161 posts

Since I love this thread, let me necrobump..
But I will leave a little thing here because people will get mad at me..
It's not that much fun as these people have..I made it..really bad..I think..

Almost everyone in my family has brown skin for his/her life.
Some of us had black or red for skin color,
but it becomes mostly brown as they become mature..
My friends are really big guys and everyone has dark brown or closer to dark brown.
But I'm small and a greenskin..
Most of the seniors I met had dark colors, like black, brown, or dark green.
They say that when they die, their skin would turn into desert sand(color), black, or white depends on the place where they die.
Can you tell who I am?
Oh, I have a lot of cousins also.
They care about their look so much and they are pretty most of time.....
They told me that their girlfriends are flying! Fly girls, literally!
But I know that they have same color skin as I do hahaha.
I just don't have a skill or an accesory for myself..

I think this will be deleted..people won't like it..ugh what a noob...has no creative mind..Btw, I don't speak English primarily, so you shall not question on my grammar. (Yes yes, you can..but really? Are you going to?)

Posted Mar 11, '13 at 10:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,520 posts

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SOLUTION IS. I have come instead to question your grammar.

Hah not really. You spelled "grammar" correctly. +10 Irrelevant Points.

Posted Mar 11, '13 at 10:10pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Nope there are definitely grammatical errors there.. xD Spelling grammar though, spot on. So yeah I questioned your grammar... WUT!?

Btw I don't know the solution cause I really don't understand it.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 12:46am

BitRifle

BitRifle

161 posts

Yeah, learning languages is not that easy, I guess. Especially grammar, though I thought it wouldn't be that hard. Was it too twisted..or simply doesn't make sense. I tried my best to translate this into English. I like riddles and make them, although it doesn't seem that I'm capable of creating a riddle with foreign languages..ugh. If no one can understand, just give me an answer..whatever that you had in your mind.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 4:29am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,398 posts

I'm not sure what to make of this riddle, as it tends to jump all over the place, but I'm thinking the answer is some kind of fruit. A kiwi maybe?

Posted Mar 14, '13 at 12:04am

BitRifle

BitRifle

161 posts

Close. my, I thought that would be considered as a warm-up. or even easier than that. Now due to my hell-o grammar (thanks) it became mind breaker. what the heck did I create..well that riddle killed many people's brain cells anyway in original form anyway..should do same thing to at least 6 people who use English. hmm. alright. 3 more to go.

Posted Mar 14, '13 at 5:18pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,520 posts

I'm going to bump this thread, but I'm going to do it in style with a humorous quote.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."

-Mark Twain

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!