ForumsForum GamesRiddles

522 42457
thaboss
thaboss
1,654 posts

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 522 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,684 posts

I know the answer to the second riddle: it's 5, because that's how many letters 8 has. I'm actually really proud of myself for getting that.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,744 posts

Ha good, what about the first one? I wish the riddles on the site I'm looking at ranked the riddles by difficulty instead of rating since I can't seem to find a very hard one.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,781 posts

Hmmm,

So the old password is out of date and the new one is different.

Very strange indeed....

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,744 posts

Is it strange? Or does it make perfect sense? :P

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,745 posts

Was the old password "outofdate"?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,781 posts

Hey, I thought I already answered the riddle.

Yes, you are right Matt. The old password is literally "outofdate" and the new one is of course "different".

I was hoping you'd get my hint dragon.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,745 posts

Hooray for me! I'll post another riddle eventually if no one else does.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,744 posts

I couldn't be too sure leo, wanted to make sure so I didn't just give you the answer if you were still thinking. Yep, the old password is outofdate and the new password is different. Good job to both leo and Matt.

New one:

"A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?"

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

He was walking..him being a bus driver is just his title. It doesn't state he was actually performing his job

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,147 posts

He wasn't actually driving a bus at the time.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,147 posts

No he posted two minutes before me, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,744 posts

Yeppers. Still trying to find where the hard ones are on this website, but there might not be any.

Another one to tide you over.

"I am the center of gravity, hold a capital situation in Vienna, and as I am foremost in every victory, am allowed by all to be invaluable. Though I am invisible, I am clearly seen in the midst of a river. I could name three who are in love with me and have three associates in vice. It is vain that you seek me for I have long been in heaven yet even now lie embalmed in the grave. What am I?"

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

center of gravity

capital situation in Vienna

foremost in every victory

allowed by all to be invaluable.

What the heck am I doing..this is going to take a while...

The letter V. The hints are in the sentences (or words..like invisible) themselves

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,781 posts

Oh so it is the letter "i". That makes sense.

My turn.

In the Land of Leo, a butler had been hired by a very rich man. After working for around 23 years, his master was sick and a doctor announced he was going to die. Before his death, the master called his butler and asked him to choose one wish. It could be anything you want except money, but just one. The master gave him a week to decide. The butler immediately became very happy and went to his mother to talk. His mother was blind and she asked her son for to make a wish for her eye-sight to come back agin. Then the butler went to his wife. She became very happy and asked for a son as they never had a child. Soon after, the servant went to his father who wanted to be rich and so he asked his son to wish for a lot of money. The butler couldn't break the news to his father that he couldn't get any money. The day after he went to his master and decided on just one wish through which all the three (mother, father, wife) got what they needed.

What did he ask?

vungi
vungi
259 posts

well i need hints for that one

Showing 196-210 of 522