ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78197
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

This is one from the old riddles thread. It may not make sense, but the answer is cool. (and no, that's not a hint)

My name states I'm a singular male,
I can have a number, a head, but no tail.
I've also great strength and I can be tough,
But I'll smooth things out when they are rough.
Although I go back to an age now gone,
I'm around today for everyone.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

No clue!
A singlular male would be "he" or "him," I guess. The "head but no tail" is a reference to an inanimate object. I'm not really sure where to go from there.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

The singular male part should be considered first person, not third person. So I, me, etc..

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Wine?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Hint. The singular male part. It's "I, []"

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

is it iron?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Yes. However, you should try to figure out what each line of the riddle means. It should be easy now that you know the overall answer.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

My name states I'm a singular male,
(i, Ron probably)
I can have a number, a head, but no tail.
(head is maybe the engine?)
I've also great strength and I can be tough,
(well iron is strong so...)
But I'll smooth things out when they are rough.
(polishing probably
Although I go back to an age now gone,
(because it is a mineral)
I'm around today for everyone.
(well... it is around)

Is that right?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I, Ron. Yes.
No.
Yes.
Close. This doesn't exactly use iron, but has it in the name.
Not exactly.
Yes.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

The head but no tail refers to golf. Where, for instance, you can have a nine iron or eight iron and so on. Other than that, the rest are spot on.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

A classic Tolkien riddle.

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

time

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

this is an exterme riddle that has multiple parts. every part must be answered to figure out the final question.

1. there is an airplane carrying 500 bricks. 1 falls out. how many are left?

2. how do you put an elephant in a freezer? (3 steps)

3. how do you put a giraffe in a freezer? (4 steps)

4. the lion king calls a meeting. what animals arent there? (2)

5. an elderly woman needs to cross a gator-infested river, but there is no bridge or way across. how does she cross it?

FINAL QUESTION: the elderly woman crosses the bridge, but dies on the other bank spontaneously. HOW DOES SHE DIE?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

1. 499
2. open freezer, put in elephant, close freezer
3. open freezer, take out elephant, put in giraffe, close freezer.
4. the giraffe and the elephant (although normaly it's should be only the giraffe since you took the elephant out of the freezer)
5. She just swims through it. the gators are at the lions meeting
6. she gets hit by the brick

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

you've obviously heard that one before. hmmmmm...

its 3:00 AM, and its a work day. your sleeping in your room until you suddenly awake by an exterme SLAMing noise. you look out your window towards your shed, and notice its been opened. you immediately realize your shed has been robbed. then you hear a loud screeching noise that grows fainter in a matter of seconds. you quickly realize the key to your shed door is hanging across your room, so you decide to investigate. you go outside and search your shed. its empty, and your lawn chairs, mower, and everything else in there has been stolen. your shed has no window or hole, and the doors were hanging open. the lock is on the ground, and footsteps are everywhere.

you decide to call the cops, and they arrive. they find nothing you hadnt already, exept for a hairpin in the grass. they also tell you the footprints are extermely fresh. they try to explain how the robbers broke in, but they cannot. when they leave, you do one last check. their are no abrasions on or in your shed, everything is like you left it.

QUESTION:
how did they get into the shed quickly and quitely?

this is my own original riddle. you will need to figure it out.

Showing 331-345 of 368