ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78264
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss knows this one. He won't give it away.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

You are an employer. You have to pay your employee 1/7 of a gold brick each day. The employee must be payed at the end of each day. What is the minimum amount of cuts you can make into a full gold brick to satisfy these conditions? (Please explain your answer)

Uh...6 cuts?

two brothers watch eachohter eyes, never get together

I'm not quite understanding this one. What is the question?
vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

I'm not quite understanding this one. What is the question?
who or waht is brohters

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Uh...6 cuts?

No, that would be too obvious.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, that was meant to be quoted, not in bold letters.

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

[b]I'm not quite understanding this one. What is the question?

Who or waht are brohters
ignore my last comment it failed badly

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]Are you replacing "h" and "t" in every word on purpose? Because it's annoying
sry i type sometimes too fast :S

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]two brothers watch eachohter eyes, never get together

Hint: brothers are things waht you probaly see everyday

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

A man starts a coconut business. He buys coconuts for $5 each and sells them for $3 each. His business is very popular and, in a short time, he becomes a millionaire. How is this possible?

He buys coconuts from his business?
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Since he's losing money, he must have had more than a million dollars before starting the business. Then when he lost money he became a millionare.

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

because he is millionaire already

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I don't see what the problem is? you just cut it into 7 pieces. I don't get it...

What is the least amount of cuts you can make while satisfying the condition of paying him each day? It's not six or seven.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Gold bricks one: he cuts it four times. Diagonally twice (makes two, then makes four), then vertically (six), then horizontally (eight). Regarless of the shape (as long as it is all straight lines), if he cuts it evenly then he will get 8 pieces, like a pizza. He will just have eight very sharp triangles.

Good idea, but you can do it with less cuts, and it does not have to do with the angle you cut it at.
vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]As for the brothers one, I still can't figure out what it means. "Two brothers watch each others eyes, never get together." That's not even a sentance. Do you mean they never touch each other?

something like that

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

I just gonna say brothers answer.

ceiling and floor
this riddle is from my country and it's little bit hard to translate it

Showing 61-75 of 368