ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 77941
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Or cockroaches?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

It was a mexican restournat and the food was too spicy?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

What if Matt throws up first? And then everyone else.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I have no idea The hints say nothing to me :3 There are still millions of possibilities... If its not connected with the food or smell, then is the people or the place. Matt already had the same expirience with throwing up before. This means its not because of Amy because he was with other girl. So its Matt or the place. One day before this one, nothing would have happen, this removes the possibility to be something wrong with the place. Leaves only Matt. There is something wrong with him :/ Maybe he had a vomit on hos shirt, or he had something on him, like blood? Maybe Matt was policeman back from jop? Or serial killer?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Matt takes Amy to a wonderful, classy resteraunt. He has eaten here several times and loves the food. They each have a good time, until, halfway through the meal, Amy throws up. She gets very ill and has to leave the room. Several other people in the resteraunt get sick as well. Nothing was wrong with the food, nor with Amy or anyone else. In fact, she thought it was delicious. She hadn't had an allergic reaction and had no illness before coming here. On top of that, Matt wasn't particularly surprised. Why not?

I'll provide a hint: everyone in the room, for the sake of making this simple, was between 20 and 50. No one left the restaurant and came back. None of the sick people were unhealthy when they came to the restaurant. No smells, sights, or sounds occured to make Amy throw up.

Matt was not surprised because the same thing had happened to him before. The food, circumstances and preferences between Matt and Amy were identical. Also, if they had eaten the same food at the same place one day earlier, no one would have gotten sick.

The people reacted as Amy reacted. Therefore, they must have experienced the same thing at the same time. It wasn't the food. Is wasn't a smell, sight or sound. That means it was something they felt.

I'll provide you with another hint before you guess: Amy would have gotten sick that day whether she had eaten the food or not.

These are the clues. Thaboss is, quite frankly, stumped. An earthquake? Some sort of vibration?
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Well if you put it that way :/ The only thing left is the music, but i havent heard a music that can make you vomit , yet....

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

unless you are a dog and you can hear high tones..

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

He already said it wasn't a sound

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Music is a sound and he said that wasn't part of it. It seems like he's pretty much come out and said it has to do with touch...but what?

My first thought was it was after New Years (or something similar) and everyone had hangovers, but it says in the riddle that they weren't sick before coming there.

I'm led to believe that it might be one of the people working there that day that had something to do with it, which would explain why the food had nothing to do with it. However, why isn't Matt surprised then? He's nonchalant about some sick freak running amok in the restaurant infecting everyone with something causing an upset stomach? Unlikely.

So maybe not a person, but the environment of the restaurant. But what makes this day special? And from reading the riddle again, it doesn't seem like EVERYONE else besides Matt got sick, so Matt and a few others must have some defense against this nausea agent...

I'm having trouble thinking of a touch-based nausea inducer, but I'll come back to this after I've pondered some about it

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hmm..I'm wondering if the restaurant is fully indoors, or if it's outside where the event took place. That would allow for more help from nature to cause some chaos...

I'm gonna go along with that idea and hope it's right.

The temperature outside changed dramatically, I would guess maybe from really cold to really warm, as I think the other direction would cause more of a headache than nausea, but either way works I guess. Living in an area where the weather is fickle, I know how fast nature can really change that mercury level. Some people there, like Matt, have become accustomed to the temperature change, but those like Amy who are not as used to it, possibly new to the area, or they stay inside more, became nauseous at the temperature change. The waiters, having to work outside giving the food to the customers, have also become accustomed to the changes. The day prior was a more stable day, not having such a dramatic change in temperature.

Am I at least close?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Cruise ship? People are seasick?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Cruise ship! People are seasick!

That is thaboss' final answer! It better be right..

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

But even if the ship was at port, the tides would still be rocking the ship, making the day prior still have an opportunity to cause the nausea.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

There could be a storm or something.. Or perhaps the day before they were at home.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Well the storm I could see, but my point was that any day of a cruise ship could cause the nausea, so the day being crucial to the nausea wouldn't make as much sense. However, a storm causing more aggressive waves could solve that problem. I dunno, hopefully Matt gives us our feedback for our guesses :P

Showing 91-105 of 368