34 posts
Shepherd

All things about GREEN DAY!!!!!

• 24 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Well it's an awesome band,of course.My favourite will probably be Boulevard of Broken dreams.It rocks!

Panthera_Leo
Panthera_Leo
24 posts
Bard

One of my favorites is definitely 21 Guns.

kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

Don't you guys listen to their stuff before Warning? like stuff from 39, Dookie, or Nimrod?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

green day is awesome!

amerikan idiot is my favorite song!

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Their music before they sold out was some good stuff. It was regular good old teenage rebellion and just having fun. Kind of like what Blink-182 also used to be. Classic bands have just *****d themselves out to the mainstream in order to make more money instead of focusing on the sound that brought them to that level of fame in the first place.

Except, the new GD has completely sold out. Their music is just some politically correct garbage that tries to push limits while trying to maintain some type of anti-consumerism, (but you have to buy their albums) anti-conformist, (because dressing like goth isn't conformist anymore :rollseyes and selling issues to kids who have no idea what they are actually mentioning. Then these kids hear an argument or debate about some said topic and think because they have heard GD sing about it that it has to be true. =\\

Of course, one of the truest hipsters responses you will receive is:

You can't possible know....its just too deep for the average person
And what a lot of horse plop that is.

What happened to that raw, fun loving, pop-punk sound they had perfected years ago? They might as well run for public office after all the political commentary that they have been spewing from their disgusting, self-righteous mouths.
kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

They will always be good and they arent sold out! comments like yours prove it,pausebreak, they don't make music for fans or anyone, they make it for themselves, and that what makes their new stuff good, so deal with it. and yes the old stuff as good too

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

(because dressing like goth isn't conformist anymore :rollseyes

Just wanted to point out that whatever poor semblance and attempt at culture that GD is trying to grow now, is not goth. It's punk, and a pretty bad imitation of it.

The goth scene seems truly misunderstood these days.

They will always be good and they arent sold out! comments like yours prove it,pausebreak, they don't make music for fans or anyone, they make it for themselves, and that what makes their new stuff good, so deal with it. and yes the old stuff as good too

They sold out. Listen properly to their songs, old and new. AI doesn't sound like their 90s punk anymore. As Pause has pointed out, now their new sound is stuffed all the more with the suddenly popular choreography of political sedition and protest.
kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

nich if you listen to there songs you can figure out what their about, like wake me up when september ends is about Billie Joe's dad dying in september, and some of their new stuff sounds alot like the older stuff, such as nuclear famioly sounds like welcome to paradise. the guitar is the same except in a different fret

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

nich if you listen to there songs you can figure out what their about, like wake me up when september ends is about Billie Joe's dad dying in september, and some of their new stuff sounds alot like the older stuff, such as nuclear famioly sounds like welcome to paradise. the guitar is the same except in a different fret

Wake Me Up When September Ends is a 2005 song, when they switched to more mainstream songs. It sounds nothing like Dookie, 21 Gun sounds nothing like Basket Case. Much of GD's fan base these days are teens who have never listened to their 90s stuff. They even have a new look to appeal more to the young ones, they exchanged their dyed hair and punk clothes for eyeliner and emo pants.
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Just wanted to point out that whatever poor semblance and attempt at culture that GD is trying to grow now, is not goth. It's punk, and a pretty bad imitation of it.

Ok, my bad. But there are a lot of similarities in the style. Punk isn't always about the color black, yet the new GD seems to be sporting a lot of it. I wouldn't call it punk either. Emo is probably a good call. I understand the "war" of punk and goth dress, but at the same time, I could care less.

You make an excellent point however! The kids who listen to GD now don't, or have not listened to, what GD used to be. So they really cannot make the comparison. If they really listened to what GD was and what they are now, they would soon realize that they have sold out.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

The best song by them is gotta be Holiday. Great song! Not just the tune, though, I mean the lyrics. They're great.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

The best song by them is gotta be Holiday.
I just got done listening to that lol. I'm not quite sure which one is that best though.
kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

one of my favorite songs is One For The Razorbacks, and a few others are Jinx/Haushinka, Prosthetic Head, Blood, ***, and Booze, Fashion Victim, Haha Your Dead, Homecoming, Peacemaker, Nuclear Family, Sweet 16, and 99 Revolutions.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Ok, my bad. But there are a lot of similarities in the style. Punk isn't always about the color black, yet the new GD seems to be sporting a lot of it. I wouldn't call it punk either. Emo is probably a good call. I understand the "war" of punk and goth dress, but at the same time, I could care less.

It's alright haha. I only care because metalheads are rare in my country. And yes, I would venture a guess to say that they're trying to pull off emo, or whatever it is that kids who listen to Simple Plan, MM, and GD think it is.
winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

Holiday IS great, Mikeyryn!

Showing 1-15 of 24