Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

6 Year Olds Waving Around Hand Guns In School!

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 4:08pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Two 6 year old boys were recently suspended from a school in Maryland for waiving around handguns during recess. This was not the first time children have been suspended for possessing handguns. Earlier in the year, one 6 year old was suspended after firing two shots from a handgun. Luckily, no one was harmed during any of these incidences.

Link

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 5:18pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

can we throw away the agrument of "all people whit guns are responsible people"
and doesn't this just again show the risks of having guns around everywhere?

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 5:45pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Might want to check the link out.

I couldn't help myself.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 6:08pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,150 posts

At least they said they would try and reduce the number of suspensions. Sheesh.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 6:23pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

nice that you remove it freak.

i will try to say it in a longer way that i think the article is about crazy people and that it made me laugh out loud.

how is this? any better? basically it say's the same but only takes 10 times longer to read.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:30pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

I don't think that a 6 year old understands the link between playing cops and robbers, and actual cops shooting robbers. To them it's a game. Which may be a problem at a later date if they keep that mindset of guns being toys, but for right now, they're 6. It's a complete overreaction to suspend them for playing a game, any decent recess monitor or teacher would have either ignored it or gotten them to play a different game after telling them that pretending to shoot others isn't nice and that they shouldn't do that.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:41pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

It's a complete overreaction to suspend them for playing a game, any decent recess monitor or teacher would have either ignored it or gotten them to play a different game after telling them that pretending to shoot others isn't nice and that they shouldn't do that.

If a teacher stopped children from pretend shooting each other, I'd go as far as to say that the teacher is still over reacting (though, to a far lesser extent than suspension).

I see no problem with pretend shooting, and I doubt it has much of a mental impact on the child when they grow older. If a kid has an unhealthy obsession with guns and they see little value in life, I'm willing to bet the parents screwed up somewhere else along the line.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:45pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Don't worry about it, I'm sure after this news article Obama will push for legislation banning assault fingers. Then we'll be safe.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 1:05am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,626 posts

I'm sure after this news article Obama will push for legislation banning assault fingers. Then we'll be safe.

Come on man..my friend was killed by an assault finger

If a kid has an unhealthy obsession with guns and they see little value in life, I'm willing to bet the parents screwed up somewhere else along the line.

Or the kid could just be psychologically effed up.

---

Also..love the part where it has a quote about how a parent appreciates what the school did and all...then states how other parents agrees and the following quote says how it was harsh of them XD

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 1:36am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,226 posts

Come on man..my friend was killed by an assault finger

Never mind that, what about the people with the fully automatic fingers?

Two 6 year old boys were recently suspended from a school in Maryland for waiving around handguns during recess. This was not the first time children have been suspended for possessing handguns. Earlier in the year, one 6 year old was suspended after firing two shots from a handgun. Luckily, no one was harmed during any of these incidences.

I honestly have to say I thought you were serious, so I was wondering what was wrong with the parents giving their children weapons, then I read the link.

funny thing is, the shrink, Dr. Kaine, said that their was nothing wrong with it, then two lines later said they deserved to be suspended.

And I don't think their is a single (usually male) kid that doesn't at one point pretend they have a gun in play.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to 6 Year Olds Waving Around Hand Guns In School!

You must be logged in to post a reply!