ForumsGamesVideo game memories

16 2576
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

Discuss those retro video games that you loved to play as a kid.

• 16 Replies
jjsj
jjsj
18 posts

i never played retro

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

[quote]i never played retro[quote]

When I was on the first video game system thread I saw a post from you that said you had a Playstation 1. That counts as retro. Basically anything that came out before the year 2000 is retro. Oh yeah and please don't say "i've never played that before" or "I don't even know what that is" in a thread. It's kind of annoying.

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

(Dang it forgot to close the quote! Pretend like I never said any of the stuff above.)

i never played retro

When I was on the first video game system thread I saw a post from you that said you had a Playstation 1. That counts as retro. Basically anything that came out before the year 2000 is retro. Oh yeah and please don't say "i've never played that before" or "I don't even know what that is" in a thread. It's kind of annoying.
Cristinatron
Cristinatron
138 posts

I loved Donkey Kong Country on the Super Nintendo as a kid. I used to play it & take turns with my siblings and I think that's one of the reasons I loved it so much; it was something we did together for fun. I don't really like playing it now- I've tried and it wasn't as fun as it used to be. Still, I have those memories that make me smile.

jjsj
jjsj
18 posts

firedog oh..... sorry misunderstood

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,137 posts

Does GameCube count? I'm not really sure when it came out.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts

Kingdom Hearts was my childhood.

The Music, Story, and Characters was perfect for a Socially Awkward 7 Year Old.

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

Does GameCube count? I'm not really sure when it came out

Yeah you can put GameCube. No PS2 though. Or XBOX.
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

Kingdom Hearts was my childhood.

The Music, Story, and Characters was perfect for a Socially Awkward 7 Year Old.

Kingdom Hearts is PS2 game but I will let it slide only because that game is epic.
mucketjones337
mucketjones337
5 posts

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time was the game that really got me into video games. I can remember spending hours on my N64 playing this game. LOVED IT!

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts

Kingdom Hearts is PS2 game

So?

I'm not a 20-something gamer who's played an NES and loved Ocarina of Time.

I'm sorry.
HyperSpider
HyperSpider
6 posts

Yeah you can put GameCube. No PS2 though. Or XBOX.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because both the PS2 and XBOX came out earlier than the GameCube. (Although the Xbox is only about 3 days older)
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

So?

I'm not a 20-something gamer who's played an NES and loved Ocarina of Time.

I'm sorry.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because both the PS2 and XBOX came out earlier than the GameCube. (Although the Xbox is only about 3 days older)

Okay you can PS2 and XBOX and GameCube. Just no PS3 or XBOX 360 or Wii because who has good memories playing a game they played a year ago?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Okay you can PS2 and XBOX and GameCube. Just no PS3 or XBOX 360 or Wii because who has good memories playing a game they played a year ago?

I'm just goin to through this out there...

Your OP. You state that this thread is to allow people to talk/reminisce about the games that they played as kids..yet you are regulating what games are allowed to be discussed..

Some people have different ideas of retro..depending on their age or the type of games they grew up with. For some..NES, SNES, and the sorts are old school and anything else later is newer. For others..PS1 can be considered old school, because that is what they grew up with and they saw the change in the video game world since then and how much it has differed and evolved..same for PS2 and XBox
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

I'm just goin to through this out there...

Your OP. You state that this thread is to allow people to talk/reminisce about the games that they played as kids..yet you are regulating what games are allowed to be discussed..

Some people have different ideas of retro..depending on their age or the type of games they grew up with. For some..NES, SNES, and the sorts are old school and anything else later is newer. For others..PS1 can be considered old school, because that is what they grew up with and they saw the change in the video game world since then and how much it has differed and evolved..same for PS2 and XBox

Yeah I noticed that but I can't change it.
Showing 1-15 of 16