Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Genders

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 4:22am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Well if that's the case, shouldn't gender also include "intersex" and "other" for those who are neither male nor female? :P

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 5:38am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Well if that's the case, shouldn't gender also include "intersex" and "other" for those who are neither male nor female? :P

You're right Strop, we shouldn't discriminate.

I propose, "Ferret the Ferrous" or the coverse, "Ferrous Ferret." I think it fits the theme or Armor Games :P

I like it..Ferrous Ferret has had enough iron in HIS diet, and can take on any problem!

To the topic, isn't it more fun with that mystery, anyway? :P

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 4:31pm

Ferret

Ferret

7,110 posts

Administrator

Is the pony making trouble again?

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 5:23pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

I think he just like causing trouble. Seems like his thing to do. Blamed Zoph for the F-bomb and all that. If that hadn't been solved we could just assume everyone was a girl.

But really, boy and girl would be fine. You are probably closer to one then the other.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 10:42pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Yes and no. The comment itself was tongue in cheek but I think there's a legitimate request in there. If you wanted me to elaborate I could but you'd have to delve into a long dissertation on the fundamental problems of dichotomous gender identity in modern society.

You are probably closer to one then the other.

Probably, yes. Always? No. And there are those who would prefer not to say, and there are those who would prefer to say "other", and there are those who are truly hermaphrodites. What they wish to declare themselves is up to them, if they had sufficient choice at hand.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 10:53pm

Ferret

Ferret

7,110 posts

Administrator

I'm well aware of what you mean Strop, and I'm not dismissing it. I'd think it would be most appropriate to have a "neither" option. Or maybe one person could switch it based on how they felt.

Or maybe we just include "Sushi Cat" as a gender option. Let's be honest, that's how I feel mostly.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:25pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

haha, that'd read great. "Ferret is a Sushi Cat and is in Irvine, CA"

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:35pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

Blah blah blah gender binary blah blah blah.

Why don't we just have 'male', 'female' and 'NOT A PART OF YOUR SYSTEM' - capslock not necessary but heavily recommended.

Alternatively we could go for something like integrating gender into the profile system better like 'Avorne has been a member since [date] and [he/she/they] were/was last seen browsing [whatever]' - that way just by reading the little profile blurb on the side you can work out whether a person identifies as male, female or you should ask them personally which gender pronouns they'd like.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 12:46pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,699 posts

How about making the gender optional for people who are both/neither, you could just say one that "I don't want to say which. And it doesn't show a female icon or male icon, just nothing.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 2:11pm

Fenrisle

Fenrisle

25 posts

The Feasibly Felicitous Ferrets!

Reply to Genders

You must be logged in to post a reply!