ForumsNews and FeedbackGenders

33 14079
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What happened to the old "X is a [male/female] in [place]"?
Without ranks anymore (Lord/Lady, Duke/Dutchess, Prince/Princess, King/Queen), it can be difficult to determine the gender of a user and assumptions are made, especially by/of new users. Can there be an icon option somewhere so we don't need to guess?

• 33 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

haha, that'd read great. "Ferret is a Sushi Cat and is in Irvine, CA"

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Blah blah blah gender binary blah blah blah.

Why don't we just have 'male', 'female' and 'NOT A PART OF YOUR SYSTEM' - capslock not necessary but heavily recommended.

Alternatively we could go for something like integrating gender into the profile system better like 'Avorne has been a member since [date] and [he/she/they] were/was last seen browsing [whatever]' - that way just by reading the little profile blurb on the side you can work out whether a person identifies as male, female or you should ask them personally which gender pronouns they'd like.

Fenrisle
Fenrisle
25 posts
Farmer

The Feasibly Felicitous Ferrets!

DMonRose
DMonRose
1 posts
Nomad

Gender identity on the internet is rather pointless. We're all just people on here. What we are physically would only matter if it was a dating site. However, personally, I don't care if there are options to mark it or not, as long as they are not required fields.

Kukkakaali
Kukkakaali
5 posts
Jester

+1 to the above

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Gender identity on the internet is rather pointless. We're all just people on here. What we are physically would only matter if it was a dating site

Taking away the possibility of Gender identity also dehumanizes a user. The gender gives it a more personable level, allowing us to converse with one another as if we are human beings talking to human beings, and know we are doing so. It also eliminates any awkward problems that could arise from not having Gender Identity (such as Kasic being called a girl..or me being called a boy)
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

or me being called a boy

I knew you were a girl!
I say have it similar to the way it was. It wasnt a requirement, but it was their for those who wanted it. It makes everyone happy. Except sushi cats
#sushicatequality
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This may be making a reappearance soon.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This may be making a reappearance soon.

Genders are now shown on user profiles. Or are you talking about something else?
awesomexljr
awesomexljr
1 posts
Nomad

Also, I think someone is forgetting rule 37. There are no girls on the internet. They're only people from real life visiting... or spies.

What? Girl speaking here and that is a lie
get a grip
and yea i know im a little late but i dont ussually bother in this section of armor games
Seidr
Seidr
1 posts
Scribe

What? Girl speaking here and that is a lie

As long, as such a comment is written, it is better, there is no gender in the profil

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

You have an option to have one or not on your profile. You can turn it off you wish.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

weird LOL

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

I'm offended that there are "no girls on the internet." I'm a girl, on the internet!

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Yeah lots of girls play. But i think he means that overall it is guys..

Showing 16-30 of 33