ForumsThe TavernGuns

27 6902
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

This is just about guns in general no particulars you can talk about all kind of gun stuff.

• 27 Replies
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Didn't H&K make a new 45 recently?I think I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Guns are bad mkay...

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Guns are bad mkay...
Then don't buy one.
Didn't H&K make a new 45 recently?
Wouldn't surprise me. They're making a prototype for a possible replacement to the M-16.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I don't like guns. They just aren't worth it. I never want to have that kind of power. So I suppose I have nothing to say here.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

That's fine. You don't HAVE to say anything. This thread is about guns, just like other threads are about zombie apocalypses.

It's related to guns. He can talk about it, since OP didn't specify perimeters.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, technically, but the thread is supposed to be about gun types, prices, attachments, preferences, etc. Why post if you have nothing to say?

He said he doesn't have guns, because he doesn't want the power.

Seems quite a valid point. Same here, albeit because of the law to boot.
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

What about guns? What guns we have? What guns we want? Why guns are pointless? Why guns are amazing?

I need something to work with here.

Guns are bad mkay...

Lovely input. We thank you for your wonderful contribution to this community.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Seems quite a valid point.
No it isn't, that's just your blind prejudice talking.

Seriously. You don't trust yourself with a gun? So the only reason you aren't murdering people is because you lack the POWER? As in, if you, at this moment, had the ability to murder people, you would, and the only thing holding you back is your inability to do so in an easy manner?

If that's true, I'd suggest seeking psychological help, because that's some messed up stuff, buddy. Or, as is more likely the case, if you aren't actually a psycho murderer who would go on a killing spree if he had the ability, don't use that as a cop-out.

Anyway, as Matt observed, I think discussing political views on guns is beyond the scope of this thread. That belongs on the WERP threads.

If I wanted to make a thread about our favorite sodas, I'd make it here. If I wanted a thread to talk about how soda contributes to obesity and the ethics of laws surrounding soda and health, I'd put it in the WERP. Simple stuff.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Seriously. You don't trust yourself with a gun? So the only reason you aren't murdering people is because you lack the POWER? As in, if you, at this moment, had the ability to murder people, you would, and the only thing holding you back is your inability to do so in an easy manner?

If that's true, I'd suggest seeking psychological help, because that's some messed up stuff, buddy. Or, as is more likely the case, if you aren't actually a psycho murderer who would go on a killing spree if he had the ability, don't use that as a cop-out.

No I don't. The government does, but I'd rather not have to use one apart from army duty. I don't know how you got the fantastic idea that the only thing between me and a few corpses is the lack of power.

You know, read my post slower before making a fool out of yourself.

If I wanted to make a thread about our favorite sodas, I'd make it here. If I wanted a thread to talk about how soda contributes to obesity and the ethics of laws surrounding soda and health, I'd put it in the WERP. Simple stuff.

OP never stated that. I haven't even spoken fully on guns. I'm just stating I don't have a gun because of the laws in my country, and even if there were no such laws, I wouldn't want one.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Really. To the actual guns OP. Killersup never saw the need for large semi-automatic rifles. They are illegal for hunting and can cause great amount of mass terror a lot faster than most other kinds of actions.But Killersup, wouldn't they be able to do the same with any other gun? A pump shotgun can hold 5-6 shots with the tube un-plugged. It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.Lever action? Holds only a few shots with a reload style like the pump shotgun.Single shot. Speaks for its self, One shot, with a medium reload.A semi. One pull of the trigger sends another pointed piece of lead.There can be 30+ round clips with only a few seconds to put another clip in. Really, that is the way that Killersup sees it. People will still be able to obtain semi automatics.The ones that people own will be allowed to keep them. Guns are like wood though, they do not last forever. 100 years of no longer semi automatics being manufactured and they will be close to non-existent. They will still be able to get smuggled, but there will always be smuggling.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I have a gun. Its kind of old, but its awesome, lemme think of the model...

remington model 11, semi automatic, holds like 3-4 rounds. stopped making them around 1947 ish. yeah, my grandfather loves me.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Really. To the actual guns OP. Killersup never saw the need for large semi-automatic rifles. They are illegal for hunting and can cause great amount of mass terror a lot faster than most other kinds of actions.But Killersup, wouldn't they be able to do the same with any other gun? A pump shotgun can hold 5-6 shots with the tube un-plugged. It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.Lever action? Holds only a few shots with a reload style like the pump shotgun.Single shot. Speaks for its self, One shot, with a medium reload.A semi. One pull of the trigger sends another pointed piece of lead.There can be 30+ round clips with only a few seconds to put another clip in. Really, that is the way that Killersup sees it. People will still be able to obtain semi automatics.The ones that people own will be allowed to keep them. Guns are like wood though, they do not last forever. 100 years of no longer semi automatics being manufactured and they will be close to non-existent. They will still be able to get smuggled, but there will always be smuggling.

LOL, good luck getting rid of semis when we have autos in existence too, mate.

Anyway, I own an old Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver, with a steel-blue tinge. Haven't actually used it in a while, it was an inheritance.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

No one got the south park reference did they? (Search mr mackay mkay...)

I think guns are pretty cowardly I think if your going to kill someone you should do it up close and see exactly what you are doing to someone I think it would put a lot of people off going to war and killing people because they don't see the real impact they are having if you want to do something bad to someone you do it the honourable way 1 on 1 face to face in a fair fight.

I think the only reason anyone should use guns is as a target practice weapon or to hunt for food or simply decoration not for sport or war I say people should man up and fight like we use to hand to hand.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Gamer_Cale,

I think it would put a lot of people off going to war and killing people because they don't see the real impact they are having

You speak of knowledge? You speak of experience? I have been to war more than once. I have beheld, first hand, the entropy of battle. I have seen the impact and horror of war. Pictures and movies compare nothing to reality of conflict. No, I was not a keyboard warrior. I was infantry. I was the boots on the ground.

Why is someone cowardly because a weapon system has advanced? And why is someone cowardly because they choose not to stay in the Stone Age? If someone breaks into your house with a gun (and that's already malicious intent), I dare you to charge at them with a knife. I bet the gun wins. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight; its not a matter of honor, its a matter of the superior force and survival.

For one example, let us say for this exercise, you are an Iraqi citizen. And regardless of political views or any world news that you may or may not know (as this Iraqi citizen), your country has is taken by a superior oppositional force. Are you really a coward because you don't have the capabilities that they do? Are you a coward because you use road side bombs and sniper shots whereas they have tanks and precise mortar systems?
Although these men shot at our forces from the "dark", I never doubted their courage to stand and fight. There is such a thing as fighting smart and dumb. And they were not dumb. They were very smart, and made great use of the tools that they had.
----

Does it really matter if its a knife or a gun, a rope, a car . or just your bare hand when someone murders another person? When someone decides to cross the line and go on a killing spree they obviously are not in their right mind and have already thrown out the impacts of what they are doing. They obviously do not care who they are hurting and what lives they are destroying.

Because William Wallace led his people with swords, they are more honorable than if they had projectile technology? I really don't think you understand what you are saying. There is NO such thing as a fair fight. Ever. Its either win or die, regardless of the advantages or disadvantages you may have. In a fight for survival, you use any means necessary to overcome.

Rarely have their ever been these "epic" 1 on 1's that are so prominent in the Hollywood culture. This is beyond inaccurate to how fighting actually is. Its a movie, its for entertainment not education.
I do not agree with how the media tries to &quotrotect" people from images and video's of what war and killing really is. People should know how terrible it is, so that they can think twice about it before starting something. I understand that small children shouldn't be subjected to these imagines, but you tell that to African kids who have to witness such terrible events of **** and murder.
------------------

I agree with you on a few ideas.
Guns make for great target practice, hunting, and sport. Targeting is a fun activity. It takes a lot of skill to hit small, far away objects. As far as hunting goes, my personal belief is that if the animal isn't used for food, and all its parts not used, its a waste. I don't hunt currently, but some day I would like to. And for sport, I've seen a sport that they ski and then stop at stations and shoot targets. That has to be so difficult and take a lot of skill. I'm sorry I don't know the name offhand.
--------

I want to end this by re-educating people. Guns are not evil. People with guns are not evil. Protecting yourself, your family, and your friends is not evil.
Guns are inanimate objects, just like other household items, they require a user to function. And it is the user that defines what that function is. Guns are just that, inanimate.
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

P.S. I did get the South Park reference.

Showing 1-15 of 27