Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Guns

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 8:18pm

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

What about guns? What guns we have? What guns we want? Why guns are pointless? Why guns are amazing?

I need something to work with here.

Guns are bad mkay...

Lovely input. We thank you for your wonderful contribution to this community.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 8:29pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Seems quite a valid point.

No it isn't, that's just your blind prejudice talking.

Seriously. You don't trust yourself with a gun? So the only reason you aren't murdering people is because you lack the POWER? As in, if you, at this moment, had the ability to murder people, you would, and the only thing holding you back is your inability to do so in an easy manner?

If that's true, I'd suggest seeking psychological help, because that's some messed up stuff, buddy. Or, as is more likely the case, if you aren't actually a psycho murderer who would go on a killing spree if he had the ability, don't use that as a cop-out.

Anyway, as Matt observed, I think discussing political views on guns is beyond the scope of this thread. That belongs on the WERP threads.

If I wanted to make a thread about our favorite sodas, I'd make it here. If I wanted a thread to talk about how soda contributes to obesity and the ethics of laws surrounding soda and health, I'd put it in the WERP. Simple stuff.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 9:02pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,066 posts

So the only reason you aren't murdering people is because you lack the POWER? As in, if you, at this moment, had the ability to murder people, you would, and the only thing holding you back is your inability to do so in an easy manner?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps62ae90a4.jpg

No. He's saying he doesn't like guns because they are powerful. Plenty of people don't own guns because they are dangerous if you aren't careful. How did you get "potential psychopathic murderer" out of that? Good grief.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 9:23pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Seriously. You don't trust yourself with a gun? So the only reason you aren't murdering people is because you lack the POWER? As in, if you, at this moment, had the ability to murder people, you would, and the only thing holding you back is your inability to do so in an easy manner?

If that's true, I'd suggest seeking psychological help, because that's some messed up stuff, buddy. Or, as is more likely the case, if you aren't actually a psycho murderer who would go on a killing spree if he had the ability, don't use that as a cop-out.

No I don't. The government does, but I'd rather not have to use one apart from army duty. I don't know how you got the fantastic idea that the only thing between me and a few corpses is the lack of power.

You know, read my post slower before making a fool out of yourself.

If I wanted to make a thread about our favorite sodas, I'd make it here. If I wanted a thread to talk about how soda contributes to obesity and the ethics of laws surrounding soda and health, I'd put it in the WERP. Simple stuff.

OP never stated that. I haven't even spoken fully on guns. I'm just stating I don't have a gun because of the laws in my country, and even if there were no such laws, I wouldn't want one.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 6:52am

killersup10

killersup10

1,789 posts

Really. To the actual guns OP. Killersup never saw the need for large semi-automatic rifles. They are illegal for hunting and can cause great amount of mass terror a lot faster than most other kinds of actions.But Killersup, wouldn't they be able to do the same with any other gun? A pump shotgun can hold 5-6 shots with the tube un-plugged. It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.Lever action? Holds only a few shots with a reload style like the pump shotgun.Single shot. Speaks for its self, One shot, with a medium reload.A semi. One pull of the trigger sends another pointed piece of lead.There can be 30+ round clips with only a few seconds to put another clip in. Really, that is the way that Killersup sees it. People will still be able to obtain semi automatics.The ones that people own will be allowed to keep them. Guns are like wood though, they do not last forever. 100 years of no longer semi automatics being manufactured and they will be close to non-existent. They will still be able to get smuggled, but there will always be smuggling.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:29am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,066 posts

It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.

I don't quite get what you're saying. Yeah, it takes longer to load and fire shotguns, bolt-action rifles and level-action weapons. And revolvers, by the way. You only get 6, even if it is semi-automatic, and it takes much longer than a semiautomatic magazine-fed pistol.

So, are you saying you think those weapons are okay, but assault rifles aren't? Or are you saying all guns are bad because they CAN be reloaded? I'm just kind of confused. It would be easier to stop someone if they had a shotgun or a lever-action, I suppose, because they'd have to conserve ammunition, and you'd have to be pretty stupid to try to attempt a public shooting with a bolt-action rifle.

Amusing fact about the lever-action. You said they only hold 5 or 6? My dad has a .22 lever action that holds 15 rounds. Then again, .22 is a very poor choice of weapon for killing anything bigger than a soda can.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:34am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

I have a gun.  Its kind of old, but its awesome, lemme think of the model...

remington model 11, semi automatic, holds like 3-4 rounds.  stopped making them around 1947 ish.  yeah, my grandfather loves me.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 9:42am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,066 posts

I inherited a double-barrel 12-gauge Stevens 311 from my uncle who became blind. Have you ever played "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?" It's literally the "Ranger."

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps2cfed546.jpg

Mine isn't sawed off, though, because 1. it's illegal and 2. it's a dumb idea. I use it for trap/skeet shooting.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 10:30am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Really. To the actual guns OP. Killersup never saw the need for large semi-automatic rifles. They are illegal for hunting and can cause great amount of mass terror a lot faster than most other kinds of actions.But Killersup, wouldn't they be able to do the same with any other gun? A pump shotgun can hold 5-6 shots with the tube un-plugged. It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.Lever action? Holds only a few shots with a reload style like the pump shotgun.Single shot. Speaks for its self, One shot, with a medium reload.A semi. One pull of the trigger sends another pointed piece of lead.There can be 30+ round clips with only a few seconds to put another clip in. Really, that is the way that Killersup sees it. People will still be able to obtain semi automatics.The ones that people own will be allowed to keep them. Guns are like wood though, they do not last forever. 100 years of no longer semi automatics being manufactured and they will be close to non-existent. They will still be able to get smuggled, but there will always be smuggling.

LOL, good luck getting rid of semis when we have autos in existence too, mate.

Anyway, I own an old Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver, with a steel-blue tinge. Haven't actually used it in a while, it was an inheritance.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 10:53am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,066 posts

Anyway, I own an old Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver, with a steel-blue tinge. Haven't actually used it in a while, it was an inheritance.

My Dad (again) has one of those. It's his "home defense" weapon. He prefers it because, as compared to a pistol, revolvers don't jam or malfunction. That comes from experience, since he's having a lot of trouble with his Smith & Wesson 1911, which won't eject shells correctly and constantly jams.

Reply to Guns

You must be logged in to post a reply!