ForumsSupport ForumPosting Glitch

8 2024
Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Hi, huge glitch just started affecting me this afternoon while trying to update a thread. It seems that the post cuts off about 75% of what I submit. Any ideas why?

• 8 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Did you add in any HTML or less/greater than signs? Anything after those will usually be cut off.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If you want to make a post with the < symbol, you need a space after it.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]There is another way around the greater than / less than signs: If you type out & gt; (greater than) and & lt; (lesser than) without spaces, it should show up as the symbols. If it does work:

>

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Result: @jeol: I tried to quote your post to let you know that it posted and to test the opposite, but only the quote posted, and only to the first greater than sign. How did you post both signs then the way you did if my quoting of it gets cut off?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Result: @jeol: I tried to quote your post to let you know that it posted and to test the opposite, but only the quote posted, and only to the first greater than sign. How did you post both signs then the way you did if my quoting of it gets cut off?

From what he said..he didn't post the symbols himself..he wrote them out..but without spacing

Test: lessthan greaterthan
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait a smidge..he has ampersand in front of it..

Goin to do 2 tests..one with ampersand not spaced away from lessthan, and one with it spaced away

Test1: &lessthan

Test2: & lessthan

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sorry for triple post (really? Man..I feel terrible)..but just thought of how he had it not spelled out..

Test: &lt

Showing 1-7 of 8