Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Posting Glitch

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 8:22pm

Deathless950

Deathless950

439 posts

Hi, huge glitch just started affecting me this afternoon while trying to update a thread. It seems that the post cuts off about 75% of what I submit. Any ideas why?

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:32pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Did you add in any HTML or less/greater than signs? Anything after those will usually be cut off.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 10:28pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,089 posts

If you want to make a post with the < symbol, you need a space after it.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 7:36am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

There is another way around the greater than / less than signs: If you type out & gt; (greater than) and & lt; (lesser than) without spaces, it should show up as the symbols. If it does work:

><

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 3:54pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,492 posts

There is another way around the greater than / less than signs: If you type out & gt; (greater than) and & lt; (lesser than) without spaces, it should show up as the symbols. If it does work:

>

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 3:56pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,492 posts

Result: @jeol: I tried to quote your post to let you know that it posted and to test the opposite, but only the quote posted, and only to the first greater than sign. How did you post both signs then the way you did if my quoting of it gets cut off?

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 12:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

Result: @jeol: I tried to quote your post to let you know that it posted and to test the opposite, but only the quote posted, and only to the first greater than sign. How did you post both signs then the way you did if my quoting of it gets cut off?

From what he said..he didn't post the symbols himself..he wrote them out..but without spacing

Test: lessthan greaterthan

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 12:10am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

Wait a smidge..he has ampersand in front of it..

Goin to do 2 tests..one with ampersand not spaced away from lessthan, and one with it spaced away

Test1: &lessthan

Test2: & lessthan

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 12:12am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,629 posts

Sorry for triple post (really? Man..I feel terrible)..but just thought of how he had it not spelled out..

Test: <

Reply to Posting Glitch

You must be logged in to post a reply!