nichodemus

13,707 posts

Knight

Funny rant. Whatever.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 7:16am

leo99rules

leo99rules

2,841 posts

Although I don't care at all that it is silver now instead of iron I must admit it is kind of (not really) a part of AG. I don't think it needs to be a top priority but if there is member's that care I guess it should be fixed.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 8:43am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

10,282 posts

Iron... silver... who cares?

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 3:06pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,961 posts

Administrator

Nice rant and I have to admit it is well founded, even over a minor topic, but does it matter what the ranks were in the past? The vets know it was "Iron" and they can pass down the legacy to the new members I say! See it as a responsibility that comes with being a vet here... up the Irons! Huzzah! =)

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:53pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

I think it should be silver, as the ranks were, after all, labeled on the help page as Wood, Silver, and Gold.

But I want a chance to get the higher armatars. (maybe they can base it on how many quests you have)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:00pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

3,827 posts

You should have been more active, as we old user were.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 5:03pm

daleks

daleks

3,845 posts

People with Jennifer Lawrence on their profile.

Actually I am the only one I know of that has her on their profile.
If the change to silver was not an oversight, as your post appears to imply, what is the reasoning behind it? Why would you change it to silver?

Why would it have started as iron when the other 2 are precious metals?
Is programmer laziness the best excuse for not rectifying this insult to AG's lore and tradition?

Since writing all that code and then just getting attacked for changing one word that has been debated about is being lazy.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 5:04pm

daleks

daleks

3,845 posts

Why would it have started as iron when the other 2 are precious metals?

Just ignore that. I am really tired. So ya. Whatever.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 5:15pm

Ferret

Ferret

9,052 posts

Administrator

We have sealed all the iron in silver to commemorate their awesomeness. It's a feature, not a bug. Enjoy!

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 11:38pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

*looks over thread*

Alright. That's four colored posts, two from administrators.

Allow me to be even more shockingly clear, I guess. Why were the names changed from iron or silver? Obviously, the reasons that have been given are not the actual reason the team has made that decision. While DayCee and Ferret's reasons were indeed funny and fun to read, they wouldn't make any sense as an actual rationale for such an implementation of the quest mechanic.

For what reason were the names changed from iron or silver? I can't imagine that the reason is so secretive that it cannot be shared on a public forum, the matter being one so trivial.

Honestly, I think people are assuming I care more than I do. I honestly assumed it was quite literally a mistake (see title) and would be sorted out relatively quickly. Instead, the problem has neither been resolved or meaningfully addressed, despite the presence of admins and moderators.

I am not the type to hold someone to a different standard based on the color of his text, nor am I the type to tolerate such insolent behavior. I'm really not asking for much. I'm not saying "treat me like an adult!" I'm saying treat me like I'm 13, not 5. If there is a good reason, even a remotely good reason, for the conversion to silver from the historically accurate iron, could someone please tell me it rather than sharing another pseudo-metaphorical anecdote that is irrelevant to the issue at hand?

I just want to know why it was changed. I care, however little, about it being one way. I'd like to hear why anyone anywhere cares about it being the other way. Is that really too much to ask?

Reply to Error with the Legacy Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!