ForumsNews and FeedbackError with the Legacy Quests

22 9907
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone. I trust that you've all seen the new quest system, and noticed that it gives out special quests for attaining ranks on the old AG point system.

However, they incorrectly reference "silver" ranks, e.g. "silver knight." There were no Silver ranks in the old AG ranking system. Rather, they were called "iron". The progression was wood, iron, gold, not wood, silver, gold.

This isn't really a big deal, but it would be something quite easy to fix. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate it if this could be addressed.

• 22 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

People with Jennifer Lawrence on their profile.

Actually I am the only one I know of that has her on their profile.
If the change to silver was not an oversight, as your post appears to imply, what is the reasoning behind it? Why would you change it to silver?

Why would it have started as iron when the other 2 are precious metals?
Is programmer laziness the best excuse for not rectifying this insult to AG's lore and tradition?

Since writing all that code and then just getting attacked for changing one word that has been debated about is being lazy.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Why would it have started as iron when the other 2 are precious metals?

Just ignore that. I am really tired. So ya. Whatever.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We have sealed all the iron in silver to commemorate their awesomeness. It's a feature, not a bug. Enjoy!

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

*looks over thread*

Alright. That's four colored posts, two from administrators.

Allow me to be even more shockingly clear, I guess. Why were the names changed from iron or silver? Obviously, the reasons that have been given are not the actual reason the team has made that decision. While DayCee and Ferret's reasons were indeed funny and fun to read, they wouldn't make any sense as an actual rationale for such an implementation of the quest mechanic.

For what reason were the names changed from iron or silver? I can't imagine that the reason is so secretive that it cannot be shared on a public forum, the matter being one so trivial.

Honestly, I think people are assuming I care more than I do. I honestly assumed it was quite literally a mistake (see title) and would be sorted out relatively quickly. Instead, the problem has neither been resolved or meaningfully addressed, despite the presence of admins and moderators.

I am not the type to hold someone to a different standard based on the color of his text, nor am I the type to tolerate such insolent behavior. I'm really not asking for much. I'm not saying "treat me like an adult!" I'm saying treat me like I'm 13, not 5. If there is a good reason, even a remotely good reason, for the conversion to silver from the historically accurate iron, could someone please tell me it rather than sharing another pseudo-metaphorical anecdote that is irrelevant to the issue at hand?

I just want to know why it was changed. I care, however little, about it being one way. I'd like to hear why anyone anywhere cares about it being the other way. Is that really too much to ask?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

So long as there's no timeframe on this request I actually second it, purely as a veteran who likes nods to history being accurate.

Now all I need is for kingryan to post the same and then we'd have a "since beta" user support on this petition, haha.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

*insert pseudo-metaphorical anecdote*

Well to be honest, I didn't even notice the change they made from iron to silver. I see no real problem in the change but I understand that's not the point you're making. I think the reason behind this could just be that enough people were calling it silver that the change was made. It could be the admins preferred silver over iron. Maybe they're just trying to mess with us and create drama for the community to regain some popularity due to trivial errors being pointed out, creating a flock of "Oo, drama" people to swarm.

Or maybe, there is no legitimate reason. Ferret and some others decided to throw darts at a circle with sections labeled silver and iron in them. Maybe they did this for the other ones, too. But really, I understand what you're saying, but the level you're getting worked up over this isn't healthy for something you yourself have said is trivial. I can see that maybe you're not getting as many responses full pertaining to your question than you wanted, but you have to be chill here. AG is about having fun, having some nice, calm discussions, and creating bonds with people whose faces you may only see in the Faces of AG thread. Please don't get too worked up over this. If it's something that needs fixed, it has been pointed out and will be fixed, and if it is something that gets fixed, they'll probably post something about it in this thread that pointed it out in the first place.

dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

I agree

Showing 16-22 of 22