ForumsQuests[REPORT] Bugs & Glitches for Quests only

1074 718608
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4177/33592692993_27a6f252f6_b_d.jpg

Quests are the extra achievement for Armor Games' users to enjoy, the bonus that unlocks when you reach certain in-game goals! But unfortunately... there can be bugs and/or glitches occuring that prevent you from unlocking that awesome shiny extra prize to gloriously show off with on your profile...

This thread is to provide a place to report problems with Quests so the Armor Games Staff can effectively look at them to squash the bugs and fix the glitches.

Some guidelines on how to report Quest problems...

Some Quests unlock instantly upon achieving a certain in-game goal, but sometimes they may need you to finish a specific level or reach a certain save point in the game to submit your progress. Please allow some time to pass and if it still does not unlock for you, report it here.

Make sure you always have an internet connection while playing a game that has Quests. If you play 'offline', some games fail to track in-game progress and this will result in (a) Quest(s) not registering/unlocking.

When given the choice, always choose the online save option for a game that has Quests. It is not a necessity for every game with Quests, but a lot of them track a Quest's progress this way. Want that Quest? > Use the online save...

When you post a report about a Quest problem, please make sure to add:
• The name of the specific game with Quest problems;
• The name of the Quest(s) that fail to unlock;
• Why (you think) the Quest does not unlock for you;
• A screenshot with proof in case you reached the in-game achievement(s) that match the specific Quest's info.

Please add my callout (@MrDayCee) to your report post in order to get the quickest response to your problem.

This thread is for problem reporting on QUESTS only please. All discussions about Quests in general need to be redirected to the Quests Forum and their designated Quest Chat thread. And if you want to give some feedback, or have ideas about Quests, you can do this in the Official Quest Feedback Thread!

Any problems with games, server glitches and bugs in general (all not Quest related) need to be addressed through our SUPPORT please.

Thank you for your help! Have fun and game on... HUZZAH! =)

• 1,074 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@Doombreed thanks. fixed.

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Ok @Tasselfoot, you've just proved something I've been thinking could be true for over a week. Paging in @Doombreed @Alpha900i @MrDayCee - I've solved the mystery!

Today, I noticed the quests I have on my userpage went down by two from 993 to 991. Strange I thought, so I checked the missing quests - two from "This is the Only Level 3". It was like Clicker Heroes and Treadmillasaurus Rex which seem to not be working, Image attached:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o334/jimmycarlos/AG%20Broken%20Quests%202.png

To try and fix this, I played "This is the Only Level 3" again - making sure I meet the requirements - however no satisfying sound effect played. The quest is still unearned. Image attached:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o334/jimmycarlos/AG%20Broken%20Quests%201.png

Underneath the game I noticed something very important - the reason why the quests aren't working. In the Quest Menu - it shows that the quests are complete. Image attached:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o334/jimmycarlos/AG%20Broken%20Quests%203.png

I hypothesise at this point, this "Complete" on the menu means the game does not check any longer if you need the quest or not. However, for "This is the Only Level 3", the requirements for the quests have changed today - see above. That means some people who had the quest for "This is the Only Level 3" now no longer have it, even though the game thinks they do. However, if you didn't have the quest prior to the change, the quest works perfectly. This fits in with "Clicker Heroes" and "Treadmillausaurus Rex". Both of them have had their requirements changed in the last few months.

I think I have solved the mystery. Please address all Scooby Snacks to JimmyCarlos.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@jimmycarlos indeed. good sleuthing... although this is a known issue when we have to modify a trigger value of a quest. @boppins will be able to fix the database issue causing this temporal vortex.

Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

Bug with "Treadmillasaurus Rex" and "Clicker Heroes" got fixed. Thanks!

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

YUp, completely fixed. Thanks AG Team!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thank you @Tasselfoot and @Boppins! W00t!

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

http://i.imgur.com/UIr9r3Q.gif

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nice one! ^^ But as it is, it turns out we need your services again, @Tasselfoot and @boppins

Game: Crush the Castle Adventures
The screenshot and the highlighted areas show the problem pretty well:

https://s31.postimg.org/vijew2pwr/ctc_adventures_bug.png

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@Doombreed thanks. i've updated it to be a trigger of 238. if that's not the correct number of golds, someone please correct me based on your screenshot, "I Feel Stronger" should be set to 102... so i've done that.

I really wish i knew why all these older quest games were misbehaving so long after the fact. *sigh*.

On @boppins to update.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Fixed.. will take some time for cache to clear. Check back tomorrow

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Like you noted, there seems to be a pattern here. most of the older quests are the ones that are bugged. Since I've been catching up a lot these days, I will probably come across something new sooner or later. I will notify you if that's the case.

In the meantime, thanks for fixing this

miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

I am adding that Jacksmith quests are not currently working, I posted into the quests thread for that game, but it's pretty old so I'll add it here too. So far I have earned quests 1-5, and 7, with in game badges activating correctly, but nothing from AG quests. It's been a few days, so I know it's not that. When ever you have time @boppins or @Tasselfoot

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@doombreed please feel free to email me directly with similar instances. it's a backend logic issue that causes a progress-based quest to trigger at 50% completion. easy to fix if we know about it. tasselfoot@armorgames.com

@miklothegamer that sounds like a game-specific issue... i'll look into it over the weekend and contact the devs if needed.

D373
D373
39 posts
King

I encountered the quests for "Robots Initiate Work Sequence" and "Epic Combo Redux" being shown as incompleted on the main quest page and as completed in the game page. (seems to be the same issue we had with "Treadmillasaurus Rex" and "Clicker Heroes" earlier)

Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

Having same problem as D373 here with "Robots Initiate Work Sequence" and "Epic Combo Redux"

Showing 781-795 of 1074