Forums

ForumsPopular Media

'90's Cartoons list: How many have YOU seen?

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 12:33am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,585 posts

If you read the actual title at the top of the list, it said "'90s - 00s." I meant including cartoons in the early 2000's. Like, 90's to 99 and 00's to 09. It's not so much EXACTLY 1990 to 2000 as it is "cartoons you watched growing up." Sorry for not saying that.

Ah..ok. It's the title of the thread that threw me off

Google "Sabrina: The Animated Series." Yup, a crappy cartoon version.

Hey now..it wasn't that bad. A forced "meh" at best

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:28am

tohnicholas

tohnicholas

131 posts

I could name at least 10 on your list that are still being aired today.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:50am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

EmperorPalpatine

How did you not manage to see all these classics?

Cow and Chicken
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Invader Zim
Dragon Ball Z
Ed Edd and Eddy
One Piece
The Boondocks

.-.

You forgot some classics, such as:
- Ren and Stimpy
- Bobby's World
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Angry Beavers

Yup, loved all of those. I was actually going to mention Rock's Modern Life, but saw your post.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:24am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

sour, one peice was awesome, wish I coulda seen more...

I also kinda watched ren and stimpy.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:14am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

How did you not manage to see all these classics?

A strict mother. At least there's youtube.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:40am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

sour, one peice was awesome, wish I coulda seen more...

You still can.. It's over 500+ episodes in English subbed, and over 250+ in English dubbed. .-. It's an anime so it's easy to find. Just search for it.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 1:24pm

Milos

Milos

727 posts

I watched Dexter's lab on Cartoon Network when I was  a kid. I didn't understand a word, but it was interesting for me since it was a cartoon.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 3:34pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Fillmore!
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go
Medabots
Sagwa the Siamese Chinese Cat

Those are the only four I never saw a single episode of. I only actually heard of Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go, and I avoided that on purpose :P

As for the rest of them, a lot bring back great memories. Teen Titans was awesome, and I was so upset when Cartoon Network was stupid and didn't allow a contract renewal to finish up the series. Curse you Ted Turner!!!

Ah yeah, I remember Jackie Chan Adventures. That show was also awesome, but I missed a part in the middle, then the stuff got crazy fast and I was confused, so I never did finish it...Maybe I should do that sometime. Hm.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (as well as the new series The Legend of Korra) will forever hold a dear place in my heart. Both awesome shows, both with different feels with the pace they take.

Samurai Jack was AMAZING! Can't wait for the movie for it that's finally been approved. Too bad Aku's voice actor passed away, though. :/

Actually, nevermind, I could talk about all of these shows, and even with two sentences each, that'd take up so much space. I'll end here before I ramble to the character limit of the post :P

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:08pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Rocko's Modern life was actually what made me stop watching cartoons as a kid. Along with Ren And Stimpy. I got this really unsettling feeling that watching them made me dirty, and going through the list of double-entendres in them, I now understand why.

Does claymation count? I hope it does, because apparently I watched a ton of the stuff, and not just Wallace & Grommit either.

In no particular order, cartoons I watched that may not have been on the list (and some of them are classics... and some of them might belong in the 80s but ran well into the 90s, and I can't tell which is which):

Stickin Around
Madeline
Postman Pat
Gumby
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (I watched quite a few Csupo et al. titles actually...)
Inspector Gadget
Biker Mice from Mars
Bananaman
The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That's right *****es, I watched this stuff way before it got a big budget remake.
Danger Mouse
url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dbAQJIu1o]The Trap Door[/url]
Noddy
Thomas the Tank Engine
Pingu

There are more but I can't remember their titles.

I wish there was an 80s list, that way some of the most incredible titles like He-Man, Master of the Universe, and BraveStarr would make the list.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:09pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Darn it, I fluffed the link to The Trap Door

Reply to '90's Cartoons list: How many have YOU seen?

You must be logged in to post a reply!